Author Topic: We know who best 2yr old filly is how about the colts  (Read 4142 times)

Brown jug

• Elite
Re: We know who best 2yr old filly is how about the colts
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2024, 07:44:47 PM »
lets wait and see what rolls out at the red mile in the next few weeks

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2024, 08:00:02 PM »
Nothing of significance happening at the Red Mile this meet.  Very doubtful if many top pacing colts will suddenly pop up out there with only KYSS money right now.  The Fall meet will be different as trainers have their best ready to peak for the end of season money.  I would expect more Canadian horses to join the front ranks in the next month or so than anywhere else, first real test is the Metro.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2024, 08:28:52 PM »
have to disagree thorn
top trainers with dual eligible usually wait for lexington  to really get horses geared up
lets see what alagna, takter etc roll out, with the final of the sires A going for $400k they will be showing up

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2024, 09:11:48 PM »
I'll disagree with you Jug.  Last year the 400000 2 yr old KYSS final only got 6 entries.  They couldn't even get a full field.  The two best horses were Better Is Nice and Ivy Park and they had already been racing in their regular SS.  So I'll stand by what I said before.

54trotter

• NW-1
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2024, 10:17:24 PM »
Very nice trotting gelding at the Meadows, back to back stakes records. Wapiti Blue Chip

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2024, 10:40:58 PM »
could be thorn
however i suspect there will be more in kentucky than last year
remember there were many more dual eligible sold in 2023 than in 2022
i am just saying i dont think we have seen the full roster yet

The Unstable

• Top Claimer
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2024, 11:09:26 PM »
While I agree that Papi Grad and Swingtown have been the most impressive filly and colt so far, it's still pretty early and I fully expect others to emerge to challenge and possibly end up being better.

Today Beach Rules NW1 filly pace at Chester/Philly 50.4 by 9.  Carter Dalgety driving, looks like he weighs 75 pounds!

Frankie T

• 4 claimer
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2024, 11:09:42 PM »
could be thorn
however i suspect there will be more in kentucky than last year
remember there were many more dual eligible sold in 2023 than in 2022
i am just saying i dont think we have seen the full roster yet

Over time, there is going to be a strong tendency for the best mares to be in Kentucky and the best stallions to be in other states. That will give the babies two stakes programs to race in. The downside is it will reduce the horses that race in the grande circuit.

The Unstable

• Top Claimer
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2024, 08:28:14 PM »
Burke had another potential star today.  Even at fake time Lexington ,Sippinonsearock 2 yo colt world record 48.2.  How he is able to do this over and over i wish I knew so I could do it myself.

JT

• Top Claimer
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2024, 10:28:54 PM »
 tmbz1 tmbz1
Over time, there is going to be a strong tendency for the best mares to be in Kentucky and the best stallions to be in other states. That will give the babies two stakes programs to race in. The downside is it will reduce the horses that race in the grande circuit.

JT

• Top Claimer
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2024, 10:30:47 PM »
As of now I would go with Swingtown but alot can change between now and October.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2024, 02:47:07 PM »
Best has nothing to do with time.....48 and 2.....new world record for a 2yo.....fifth lifetime start (race).....in a what? $110k KYSS Champ. Series? I ain't no trainer, ain't no driver, but as an owner, my question is.....WTF are we doing here?!?!?! If I knew my horse had to go that fast, and I mean really had to, I think I would be thinking long and hard about whether or not this was the right race, and if I had to go this fast, maybe thinking I should be doing it for big money. And, if I did have to go that fast and I thought my horse was really something special.....I might pass on the race knowing there are bigger paydays out there. If there aren't, maybe I pick different spots and think BC. Look at the stakes schedule for 2yo's. The Battle of Waterloo is $200k (Cn.), the Nassagaweya is what, $200k (Cn.), the Champlain roughly the same, the Metro is $1mm, and the BC is what, $750k....and my point is, I don't think every one of them is going to go in 48!

Now I know someone is going to say the KYSS final race is scheduled to be what, $400k, but you already had to go in 48 and 1 and that's just one leg. JMHO, you put up your money and you get to manage your horse anyway you want. To me, this is questionable management at best.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2024, 02:53:59 PM »
watch out for another  burke colt called louprint

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2024, 02:56:51 PM »
The four fastest 2 year olds of all time have been driven by Gingras.

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2024, 03:00:50 PM »
Best has nothing to do with time.....48 and 2.....new world record for a 2yo.....fifth lifetime start (race).....in a what? $110k KYSS Champ. Series? I ain't no trainer, ain't no driver, but as an owner, my question is.....WTF are we doing here?!?!?! If I knew my horse had to go that fast, and I mean really had to, I think I would be thinking long and hard about whether or not this was the right race, and if I had to go this fast, maybe thinking I should be doing it for big money. And, if I did have to go that fast and I thought my horse was really something special.....I might pass on the race knowing there are bigger paydays out there. If there aren't, maybe I pick different spots and think BC. Look at the stakes schedule for 2yo's. The Battle of Waterloo is $200k (Cn.), the Nassagaweya is what, $200k (Cn.), the Champlain roughly the same, the Metro is $1mm, and the BC is what, $750k....and my point is, I don't think every one of them is going to go in 48!

Now I know someone is going to say the KYSS final race is scheduled to be what, $400k, but you already had to go in 48 and 1 and that's just one leg. JMHO, you put up your money and you get to manage your horse anyway you want. To me, this is questionable management at best.

Watch the replay. He didn't "have" to go that fast. I was there. He won under wraps -- never touched him. Had a tight hold on him going to the half and three quarters. This colt has a massive stride.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
  • Mazola: He said take my hand and together we will beat it. What a perv
    August 24, 2024, 07:32:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal