Author Topic: We know who best 2yr old filly is how about the colts  (Read 4292 times)

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
Re: We know who best 2yr old filly is how about the colts
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2024, 03:04:52 PM »
Watch the replay. He didn't "have" to go that fast. I was there. He won under wraps -- never touched him. Had a tight hold on him going to the half and three quarters. This colt has a massive stride.
Look at the picture of him on the USTA website. Gingras is nearly choking him in the stretch.

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2024, 03:08:53 PM »
Look at the picture of him on the USTA website. Gingras is nearly choking him in the stretch.
Exactly.

Ramnap

• 4 claimer
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2024, 03:30:34 PM »
Rick wink might be even better..

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2024, 06:10:18 PM »
Watch the replay. He didn't "have" to go that fast. I was there. He won under wraps -- never touched him. Had a tight hold on him going to the half and three quarters. This colt has a massive stride.

I saw it. I know, I get that. I am the first one to not look at the clock and say don't look at what he did, look at what he did and how he did it. I get all that. I don't care if he did it easy, was under wraps, still had more left....48 and 2 is still 48 and 2 no matter how you slice it, soup up the track, etc.....and it's a 2yo! That's my point. Put it in the context of what else I said, other races, bigger paydays, etc., and I wonder if there were other routes this colt could travel.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2024, 06:19:27 PM »
I am sure it's just coincidence.....a nd yes, Burke cranks up his 2yo's pretty well.....previous world record.....48 and 3 was shared by three horses.....a filly, Warrawee Ubeaut, then Elver Hanover and Caviart Camden.....all at the Red Mile.....and all driven by YG. Elver I saw very early before his first start and I loved him. He won 9 in a row and was undefeated as a 2yo.

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2024, 08:14:55 PM »
I saw it. I know, I get that. I am the first one to not look at the clock and say don't look at what he did, look at what he did and how he did it. I get all that. I don't care if he did it easy, was under wraps, still had more left....48 and 2 is still 48 and 2 no matter how you slice it, soup up the track, etc.....and it's a 2yo! That's my point. Put it in the context of what else I said, other races, bigger paydays, etc., and I wonder if there were other routes this colt could travel.
I think he's already secured a pretty big pay day in the breeding shed without leaving Kentucky. I have no idea what their plans are, but long distance travelling is always a risk, especially with a two-year-old, and possibly a trainer change in Canada. In addition to the KYSS final at the Red Mile, there's the Bluegrass and International Stallion in Sept. and Oct., and possibly a lower record time -- then onto the BC at the Meadowlands.

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2024, 08:53:08 PM »
You are forgetting the Ohio Sires Stakes. He's already won one leg and probably needs another to get into their final too.

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2024, 12:34:53 AM »
You are forgetting the Ohio Sires Stakes. He's already won one leg and probably needs another to get into their final too.
Yes, excellent point. He's already won a 50K Ohio SS. Duel eligible, he'll probably split his time between the two programs.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2024, 01:03:10 AM »
I think he's already secured a pretty big pay day in the breeding shed without leaving Kentucky. I have no idea what their plans are, but long distance travelling is always a risk, especially with a two-year-old, and possibly a trainer change in Canada. In addition to the KYSS final at the Red Mile, there's the Bluegrass and International Stallion in Sept. and Oct., and possibly a lower record time -- then onto the BC at the Meadowlands.

Based upon the current landscape of the breeding industry, if he breaks down tomorrow, he's worth squat in the breeding shed. Maybe my mindset is different for 2yo's, but I am just saying, if I had to go that fast, regardless of how my horse does it, I'd want him to go that fast once, and for the biggest payday. LOL. I am not saying it's simply poor management and that alone. Burke had no control how fast that track would be or how fast they would go. However, I think he towed a few along for the ride and if he slowed the pace, I think he may have still won easy, but would have gone slower. Eh, at this point it's moot. All speculation and BS, LOL.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2024, 01:05:15 AM »
Plus, for me, with a top 2yo, there's more money out there at 3 and a far bigger and better stud deal. No guarantees any horse comes back at 3 regardless of what you do with him at 2.....but going 48 numerous times certainly doesn't increase your chances of coming back.

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2024, 10:03:43 AM »
Based upon the current landscape of the breeding industry, if he breaks down tomorrow, he's worth squat in the breeding shed. Maybe my mindset is different for 2yo's, but I am just saying, if I had to go that fast, regardless of how my horse does it, I'd want him to go that fast once, and for the biggest payday. LOL. I am not saying it's simply poor management and that alone. Burke had no control how fast that track would be or how fast they would go. However, I think he towed a few along for the ride and if he slowed the pace, I think he may have still won easy, but would have gone slower. Eh, at this point it's moot. All speculation and BS, LOL.
Not sure what landscape you're referring to and although a breakdown would obviously diminish his value at stud, I hardly think he'd be worth squat being undefeated and with a WR. For that matter horses rarely break down when they're well in hand at the wire. Most owners don't spend 100K plus for a yearling hoping for a fast four year old. The money is spent for a successful 2 and hopefully 3 year old career. Sales are full of two year olds that "need more time" and their owners don't want to wait. Whether one likes it or not early speed rules and everyone follows it, often determining a first year sire's success or failure. So, like you said and it's been proven, there's no guarantee any horse comes back at 3. Therefore, I don't understand why someone would tarnish a 2 year old WR, especially when it was accomplished so easily. That sir is the goal for most in the business.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
  • Mazola: He said take my hand and together we will beat it. What a perv
    August 24, 2024, 07:32:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal