Author Topic: Moreau scratches  (Read 15426 times)

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
Re: Moreau scratches
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2024, 12:22:11 AM »
https://www.aranesp.com/

He should be banned for a year for this crap

Check out what it can do to humans
Tim, They are all using it. It has gotten less expensive so now even the small stables at the B and C tracks are using it. A few years back, the FDA in conjunction with a few doping agencies approached Amgen and a few others pharma companies that manufacture EPO about including a marker in the drug so that it could be detected and ALL the companies declined, stating that their market share is dependent on nefarious usage. In other words, there are just as many people using it to cheat as there are people using it for health reasons.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2024, 12:33:49 AM »
Here is a side note...I know a very prominent veterinarian who told me that the cancer that SBSW died from had to be from EPO abuse.

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2024, 03:05:23 AM »
Here is a side note...I know a very prominent veterinarian who told me that the cancer that SBSW died from had to be from EPO abuse.

That is awful. I think I read that he had a bout of colic and they opened him up and found a grape-sized tumor and he was given Chemo.  He certainly was a beautiful animal and 13 is way too young to go. People that abuse horses with that and other banned substances need to have the shit kicked out of them. These horses try their best and want to please their handlers for the most part and not only does it hurt the horse, but it effs over the others who compete against them.

How long after administering that EPO to a horse does it last?   I bet the new owners are not very happy no matter how much money they have.

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2024, 05:52:10 AM »
I sure hope they come out with some kind of statement or someone that does interviews has the balls to ask Harris about it and what, if any, course of action they plan on taking. 

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2024, 06:14:06 AM »
I sure hope they come out with some kind of statement or someone that does interviews has the balls to ask Harris about it and what, if any, course of action they plan on taking.
What action can they take? If it was a claim and they ordered a test, then yes, the commission will void the claim but in a private purchase, I'm not sure you have any recourse.

Third Over

• Top Claimer
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2024, 07:10:20 AM »
Moreau won 5 races Monday night, and was outta business on Tuesday morning.!!

Lance

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2024, 08:39:55 AM »
Big misunderstanding. ...groom was sick and on meds....pissed in the stall and contaminated the sample. 

bond

• Elite
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2024, 09:08:23 AM »

That "prominent" Veterinarian is a POS. I happen to be a huge SBSW fan. I went to Mid Atlantic and saw SBSW just a week before he died and they didn't think he'd make it-so I shed a tear and said my goodbyes.. Yes he had cancer. He was 13 YO retired at 3. The cancer he had grew at age 13 from a small grape size to massive grape fruit size in weeks and affected his blood. He was humanely put down to stop the suffering . IN NO WAY did SBSW ever get that shit-and you really believe it caused a cancer 10 years after he retired?? SBSW was a naturally gifted horse probably the greatest SBred ever.

bond

• Elite
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2024, 09:15:48 AM »
What action can they take? If it was a claim and they ordered a test, then yes, the commission will void the claim but in a private purchase, I'm not sure you have any recourse.

If Howard Taylor was put on this case-not only would they get all their money back-but he would probably also sue Moreau and those responsible and put them out of business. Selling a horse for huge $$ while drugged up with illegal PED of the worst kind--wont be looked at kindly in Court and H Taylor will have their feet held to the fire.

SDST2009

• Open / FFA
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2024, 09:31:20 AM »
That "prominent" Veterinarian is a POS. I happen to be a huge SBSW fan. I went to Mid Atlantic and saw SBSW just a week before he died and they didn't think he'd make it-so I shed a tear and said my goodbyes.. Yes he had cancer. He was 13 YO retired at 3. The cancer he had grew at age 13 from a small grape size to massive grape fruit size in weeks and affected his blood. He was humanely put down to stop the suffering . IN NO WAY did SBSW ever get that shit-and you really believe it caused a cancer 10 years after he retired?? SBSW was a naturally gifted horse probably the greatest SBred ever.

All due respect - how do you know if that cancer was or wasn't caused by something years back? Are you a vet? Were you the trainer/owner/groom of SBSW? If so, I am envious. Probably not a better horse to look through a bridle in my lifetime. But it doesn't mean something wasn't used on him. I am not saying it was, either, but I am just curious how you know that.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2024, 09:34:23 AM by SDST2009 »

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2024, 09:33:25 AM »

Lawsuit!  Nothing the commission can do.   tmbz1

The Unstable

• Top Claimer
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2024, 09:37:26 AM »
Lawsuit!  Nothing the commission can do.   tmbz1

Deep pockets, they are in deep trouble if Pollack decides to sue.  If they had decency they would buy him back but i doubt that happens.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2024, 09:39:26 AM by The Unstable »

Swandre

• Top Claimer
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2024, 09:57:13 AM »

I feel like that would be nearly impossible to determine

HarnessFan1981

• Open / FFA

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2024, 09:58:14 AM »
Absolutely!  They are completely fucked if he goes that route.  They need to, he didn't look worth what they most likely paid for him!  Get your money back before you eat him!  tmbz1

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
  • Mazola: He said take my hand and together we will beat it. What a perv
    August 24, 2024, 07:32:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal