Author Topic: Moreau scratches  (Read 15424 times)

Third Over

• Top Claimer
Re: Moreau scratches
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2024, 02:34:12 PM »
IMHO.. I don't believe Richard would risk his livelihood, his farm and reputation for somebody else.. there's a fox in the hen house and top owners like Brad Grant are scrambling today for sure.

Brkn Headpole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2024, 02:37:19 PM »
Automatic, without discussion. Question one, in Canada, does the horse get suspended as well? If so, would he therefore not have been eligible to drop in the box for the Meadowlands Pace? Also, purse from from the Pace elimination?

Question two.....is the horse suspended now?

My take is, the new owner should get the biggest, baddest law firm and sue Fillion, Moreau, and anyone else involved. I don't know if this is fraud, misrepresentation, or what. I can't fathom there being no grounds for a lawsuit. What could be a major issue is what tests did the buyer do when buying/vetting the horse? This is going to get hairy.

I think they have a strong civil case. You only need a balance of probabilities to award damages. A case can be made for tortious interference.  There was a clear attempt to alter the value of the horse by injecting it with peds. Fraud was committed hence damages occurred. They have two samples test positive by the regulating body of Canada (CPMA).

The plaintiff must establish facts from which the judge or jury may reasonably draw the inference that the wrongful act of the defendant was the probable cause of injury. The burden of proof is whether on a balance of probabilities the defendant constituted the cause of the plaintiff's injury.

I think the case meets all conditions. Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware only stands if there is no malice or ill-will(wrongful action , done intentionally) by the party .

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2024, 03:29:40 PM »
agreed, grounds to sue for sure, like if you buy a advertised classic original car and later find out it is full of bondo and shit, sellers misrepresented

lots of opinions here and most will be incorrect
however i do agree that while we all know moreau has been up to something for years he would not overstep and do something out of the ordinary for this horse, and risk getting caught, if he has been able to escape the dreaded and oh so powerful agco for years why do something different now

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2024, 03:34:52 PM »
a question for the experts of which i am not one

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2024, 03:41:59 PM »
a question for the experts of which i am not one
funtime is racing on drugs, epo etc
 but he was not winning but very competitive
another horse beat him in the na cup
a different horse crushed in the pace in track record by 5 lengths
so are the horses that beat funtime "clean" ??
i reference back to the 100m in the olympics, they caught ben johnson, over the years all the other starters in the race also tested to be on roids

just curious

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2024, 03:45:04 PM »
  ngc3

Do you actually have to spend time thinking up this BS or does it just come to you naturally?

Be careful, the monster is either in your closet or under your bed.
How the fuck would you know? I doubt you have ever even touched a horse in your life. You are nothing but bullshit. How about revealing your real name asswipe so we ALL can see how successful you are. I'll go first. My name is Michael Campbell and I live in Milford. PA. If you don't believe it, ask Dave Briggs of HRU, as he vetted me before I started posting there. OK your turn.. Your name is...

London

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2024, 04:55:55 PM »
Not trainer of the year for 10yrs in a row on hay and oats.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2024, 05:05:11 PM »
I think they have a strong civil case. You only need a balance of probabilities to award damages. A case can be made for tortious interference.  There was a clear attempt to alter the value of the horse by injecting it with peds. Fraud was committed hence damages occurred. They have two samples test positive by the regulating body of Canada (CPMA).

The plaintiff must establish facts from which the judge or jury may reasonably draw the inference that the wrongful act of the defendant was the probable cause of injury. The burden of proof is whether on a balance of probabilities the defendant constituted the cause of the plaintiff's injury.

I think the case meets all conditions. Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware only stands if there is no malice or ill-will(wrongful action , done intentionally) by the party .

So, I get the buyer beware thing. Is a feasible defense, they could have tested for EPO and they chose not to? Or is that not valid because the drug is illegal, so was their act, it was intentional, and wrongful action? Thanks.

The Unstable

• Top Claimer
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2024, 05:24:57 PM »
So, I get the buyer beware thing. Is a feasible defense, they could have tested for EPO and they chose not to? Or is that not valid because the drug is illegal, so was their act, it was intentional, and wrongful action? Thanks.

Come in Counselor!

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2024, 05:41:34 PM »
they never get burke

mwins

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2024, 05:50:30 PM »
Moreau runs a big operation, he is a sharp guy....find it hard to believe he is anything more than 'the trainer of record'
Bayama Farm and Yve Filion made a big score............ ....figure it out kids

Moreau had more to lose than he had to gain

One of the few guys here who actually gets what occurred.
Kudos.

HarnessFan1981

• Open / FFA

Miguel_Sanchez

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2024, 07:32:11 PM »
One of the few guys here who actually gets what occurred.
Kudos.

exactly - moreau wasn't even be paid a training bill.  just got the 5% - I don't see a civil suit going anywhere.  yrs ago a guy bought a honus wagner card for 5million.  it was later found out the card was trimmed.  They guy who trimmed it didn't get anything because they seen the card and inspected in before they bought it. So when is the cut off for buying a horse?  what if this positive came from two months prior and he won the meadowlands pace and come back clean in the pace?  Too many variables and had he won the M pace or been a stallion no one would say shit.  Look at perfect sting.  He just now gets a steroid positive from 3yrs ago.

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2024, 07:50:08 PM »
As of yesterday, Moreau is outta business, for sure Gural will suspend him, as in the case of a lawsuit, I'm sure they did their due diligence before transferring $1million, suing in Canada isn't the same as in US, the courts are not in favor of awarding $$ to high risk investors.. but I'm sure they (Pollock) will try their best.!!

I wouldn't assume anything with Gural. He has let sevaral off the hook for similar

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2024, 08:09:44 PM »
tmbz1

Armchair and internet experts making claims and stirring sh!t. Nothing more, nothing less. Move on.
And what the fuck are you? An actual expert? You are nothing but a blowhard horseman wannabe who throws around names like he is special. I bet 90% of the people you claim to know couldn't pick you out of a lineup. What's your real name bigshot?

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
  • Mazola: He said take my hand and together we will beat it. What a perv
    August 24, 2024, 07:32:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal