Author Topic: Has anyone ever bought a reject 2 year old off Ongait and done well?  (Read 1840 times)

Deadbeat

• NW-1
I feel like everything Ongait that is an unraced or unproven 2 year old is destined for the Amish.

Brown jug

• Elite
Re: Has anyone ever bought a reject 2 year old off Ongait and done well?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2024, 07:45:29 PM »
correct
that is why they are for sale
common comments below, (reality in brackets)

"is a very good horse, i just cant find help"( no he is not a good horse, good horses find help)
"no classes for him here and i dont want to ship"( i.e there is no classes here he can be competitive in)
"i actually have three that fit the same class so one has to go"( so this one is the cast off)
"shows a lot of promise, just needs time to mature and owners dont want to wait"( owners dont want to wait while i bleed them with training bills for 6 months to find out he is no good)
"selling to dissolve a partnership"( the partnership of the owner and the horse, the owner has had enough of this shitty horse costing him money)
" quality horse but owners only want top grand circuit types"(someone take him , we cant break even racing him )
"owner selling to raise yearling capital "( more like preserve capital , this horse is sucking capital out of us every month)

that likely covers most of them

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2024, 09:56:42 PM »
correct
that is why they are for sale
common comments below, (reality in brackets)

"is a very good horse, i just cant find help"( no he is not a good horse, good horses find help)
"no classes for him here and i dont want to ship"( i.e there is no classes here he can be competitive in)
"i actually have three that fit the same class so one has to go"( so this one is the cast off)
"shows a lot of promise, just needs time to mature and owners dont want to wait"( owners dont want to wait while i bleed them with training bills for 6 months to find out he is no good)
"selling to dissolve a partnership"( the partnership of the owner and the horse, the owner has had enough of this shitty horse costing him money)
" quality horse but owners only want top grand circuit types"(someone take him , we cant break even racing him )
"owner selling to raise yearling capital "( more like preserve capital , this horse is sucking capital out of us every month)

that likely covers most of them

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Mohawk mac

• Top Claimer
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2024, 10:18:08 PM »
"trained down like a good one" (until we hit 2:20).
"racing sound" (can stand up on his own most days)
"Clean gaited". (Only hits his knees on turns)

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2024, 11:11:25 PM »
I love the "doesn't fit my program" excuse. Any real trainer knows that you have to treat each horse individually. Some need no work, some need hard work, some need turnout in between races, some don't. "Doesn't fit my program" usually means "I suck as a trainer but I have some kick ass gas. Unfortunately, this horse doesn't race well on it".

Goaldigger

• NW-1
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2024, 04:00:11 AM »
“Needs to go as we need the stall” is my favorite 🙄

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2024, 04:54:45 AM »
great broodmare prospect in the future

ferdinand the bull

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2024, 06:24:53 AM »
I love the "doesn't fit my program" excuse. Any real trainer knows that you have to treat each horse individually. Some need no work, some need hard work, some need turnout in between races, some don't. "Doesn't fit my program" usually means "I suck as a trainer but I have some kick ass gas. Unfortunately, this horse doesn't race well on it".
Most accurate statement made on here

Robud

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2024, 09:29:18 AM »

tmbz1
In honor of our retired forum detective!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
  • Mazola: He said take my hand and together we will beat it. What a perv
    August 24, 2024, 07:32:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal