Author Topic: Friday Night Meadowlands  (Read 2099 times)

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
Friday Night Meadowlands
« on: July 27, 2024, 12:10:16 AM »
When drivers like Eric Davis and James Slendorn have driving doubles at the mecca, I say harness racing is done. What an embarrassment.

moelarrythecheese

• Stakes Horse
Re: Friday Night Meadowlands
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2024, 01:00:53 AM »
 Plus, only one of Slendorn's wins was an MADC.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2024, 01:03:42 AM »
Plus, only one of Slendorn's wins was an MADC.
Correct  tmbz1

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2024, 01:08:21 AM »
When drivers like Eric Davis and James Slendorn have driving doubles at the mecca, I say harness racing is done. What an embarrassment.

Maybe some the other drivers should consider retirement if they can't win races!

Do they 'let' these individuals win races at The Meadowlands?

let's see----track master 68.5 classification-1st Slendorn win @ 7/2 ---beat Andy miller @ 1/2, Eric Davis @ 81/1, Todd McCarthy @ 13/1, Neil Glasser [who]? at 19/1 (9 post), David Miller PP8 @ 31/1, Kubi @ 44/1, and Andrew McCarthy @ 4/1 beaten by 30 lengths!

2nd Slendorn win MADC.

track master 71.5 rating--1st Eric Davis win post 7 @ 9/5 over Dunn @ 4/5
David Miller, Andy Miller, Tim Tetrick, Todd McCarthy, and others--Troy Beyer, the young man visiting from down under Carter Dalgety, Carmen Capone, and Yogi!

2nd Eric Davis win----pp7--TROT--track master 77 classification--n/w 3000/4
troy beyer, david miller, Carter Dalgety, Zeron as 8/5 favorite, steve smith, ginsburg, andy miller, and Anibal Borjas (who).

FYI, Lauren Tritton won a race too!

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2024, 01:43:16 AM »
I'm sure no one cares, but Eric is a 3rd generation driver from a family with thousands of wins!   tmbz1

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2024, 01:57:29 AM »
I'm sure no one cares, but Eric is a 3rd generation driver from a family with thousands of wins!   tmbz1

Some people don't realize it's tough enough to just race at The Meadowlands, let alone win races and with outside posts too!

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2024, 05:46:12 AM »
The Meadowlands Friday cards are no more than low-grade B tracks horses racing there. Years ago the lowest class they would even consider is $15,000. They had $150,000 claimers and horse were claimed. Now I see a $4,000 claimer win there and even saw 68.5 TM races. It tells where the sport is and is going. A few very wealthy outfits dominate the better races and the lower class gets cheaper and cheaper. Curious what is looks like in 5 years. Sad but so true

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2024, 06:18:40 AM »
Understand the unravelling of a once great track.
BUT
strictly gambling-wise
Big track Friday night gambling angle (BIG M MOH)

BIG PRICES ON FRIDAY NIGHT AT BIG M MEANS MORE 'PAYING ATTENTION TO MEADOWLANDS TV SAT NIGHT WHEN 3-5 ELIMINATION HORSES HAVE CENTER STAGE.
n a world where fri twilight/eve teletheaters have 15 tracks worth of tvs going at once, a big track had better pique some Friday night interest going in to smashed price Elim sats.

Mohawk does same Friday night 'prices thing' the night before any yawwwwwn Sat night Elim 'short-price heavy' card.  Why else would I truly care. Most are gambling sickos...not a connoisseur of fine sat. horseflesh.

Recommendation: go hard Friday night cards (EXOTIC PRICES!!!) ANYTIME Sat Elim heavy card just ahead.
It's the only thing a big track can do to keep those ROI numbers up.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2024, 06:33:15 AM by Jctoronto »

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2024, 07:24:49 AM »
Drivers drive, bettors make the odds . 

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2024, 07:32:26 AM »
I know his grandfather very well. My point was, M1 was all about Hall of Fame drivers winning there. Sure, once in a while, someone from a B or C track would show up and light up the board but that was rare. Eric isn't even top 5 at Ocean Downs and wasn't top 10 at Dover or Harrington. Slendorn is an amateur. For both to register driving doubles during what the Meadowlands calls their "Championship Meet" is a joke.

M P

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2024, 09:13:22 AM »

8th race 6 horse. Scored down visibly sore. I watched close and sure enough he runs leaving. Then again down backside closing up the hole. Sent off second choice. The least the state vet should do is take a peek, nope. So I emailed my buddy Jeff. He responded immediately saying ok, but his horse won the race. I laughed and said do I give the vet a pass this time? He answered with Dan Daley is not a great trainer. Are you fucking kidding me? Owner of the track, in the HOF. That was his response.
But "I'M" detrimental to the industry.

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2024, 09:24:12 AM »
8th race 6 horse. Scored down visibly sore. I watched close and sure enough he runs leaving. Then again down backside closing up the hole. Sent off second choice. The least the state vet should do is take a peek, nope. So I emailed my buddy Jeff. He responded immediately saying ok, but his horse won the race. I laughed and said do I give the vet a pass this time? He answered with Dan Daley is not a great trainer. Are you fucking kidding me? Owner of the track, in the HOF. That was his response.

Doesn't he also own horses with Ake, the odds on favorite, who drove his horse to gift wrap the win for Gural?

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2024, 09:51:05 AM »
Mike, You know it's over. It will never be like it was in the 70's and 80's. Just the conflicts of interest alone make Harness Racing like Pro Wrestling.

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2024, 11:06:02 AM »
It's sad Mike and I know it hurts to admit it but I see you are coming to grips with
the actual status of 'THE MECCA'.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2024, 11:16:17 AM »
It's sad Mike and I know it hurts to admit it but I see you are coming to grips with
the actual status of 'THE MECCA'.
I can understand the winter months, where you have to patch up holes wherever they need it by using inferior drivers and horses. However, the week before the Hambo should be the best of the best on the racetrack and it is NOT. I guess I will turn my attention towards Baseball.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
  • Mazola: He said take my hand and together we will beat it. What a perv
    August 24, 2024, 07:32:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal