Author Topic: Case denied! Call Matlock?  (Read 6634 times)

Harness racer

• Elite
Re: Case denied! Call Matlock?
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2024, 07:57:05 PM »
Ekes…but everyone knew what you meant.   tmbz1

dougie

• Open / FFA
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2024, 08:00:08 PM »
Thanks my friend!

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2024, 08:34:43 PM »
The Counselor said it right some time ago.  “Once convicted of a felon your life is forever changed”. 

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2024, 08:45:20 PM »
Living in Maine and a fan of harness racing up here, I've had a chance to meet and chat with Casey. I think that he is pretty humble about the folks who support him and equally understanding about the ones who don't. I think he knows he fucked up big time. He knows how many feel about him. And I'm sure he knows his "glory days" are far behind him. And with racing in the shape it is here in Maine, I think he barely "eeks" out a living here. No real money around and I can't see any trainer or driver getting rich here. What would you think about a jurisdiction giving him a 90 day probation period before granting him a permanent license? Random drug testing, weekly evaluations, etc. I'm curious what you folks think.

Me, personally, I feel he did his time, paid the price, and should have the opportunity to apply for a license. Now, if a racing commission has concerns about drugs, alcohol, sobriety, and how that is going to impact him on the track, they can put protocols in place for him. That is protecting the safety and integrity of the sport, and everyone in it. That was done with Kent Desormeaux, Pat Valenzuela, and others. Now, I do not remember how many failed breathalyzer tests, drug/blood tests, etc. Walter Case may or may not have had-----so someone might say there are no grounds for that. However, he has a known and admitted history, so protocols are not out of place. The safety of others is all this is about, so I have zero problem with protocols. No way would I buy someone saying he never failed a test, so this is unnecessary or egregious.

Now, if they have concerns about him kicking horses or something like that, OK, same thing, make his license conditional and attach a schedule of penalties. But that would also have to be "fair" IMO. My own opinion is that Walter Case is not a bad or evil guy. He was a good guy who has a disease. He got very sick and did some very bad things. And, he was found guilty and paid the price that was required. Not his price. The court's price! The Judge's price. He paid the price that was handed down to him. Today, he still has the same disease. And, one day at a time he stays clean and sober. As long as he does, he should be OK-----and if he is given an opportunity, with all the terms and conditions I said, I am OK with it.

dougie

• Open / FFA
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2024, 09:01:31 PM »
A really reasoned argument Grandstand. I agree with you.

sacbee

• Open / FFA
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2024, 09:12:47 PM »
walter case is a scumbag period hes a twoface fuck hes very lucky he didnt get what butterfield gave switzer i think switzer is lucky he only got a black eyes maybe kevin should not of put his business in cases business i think if butterfield ever gets ahold of case he wont have to worry about driving anywhere

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2024, 11:26:05 PM »
A really reasoned argument Grandstand. I agree with you.
You're a fucking asshole if you agree with him. Ask the jackass blowhard knowitall if he would hire for his children a babysitter that molested a bunch of kids but served his time. Case tried to KILL another human being.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2024, 11:58:32 PM »
I can't answer to that Mike. I know after a 30 year career in law enforcement I've learned when a person "does their time" they are entitled to another chance. I'm not sure how you equate one heinous crime with another serious crime. But Case served his time. If you are going to make all crimes, a lifetime sentence, then there is no need for a justice system.
I hope your daughter is never stabbed by a psycho drug addict but if she was, I bet your stupid response would be different.

dougie

• Open / FFA
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2024, 12:09:37 AM »
I don't wish bad on anyone. And I would expect a judge to sentence someone who commits a horrible crime to the most severe sentence. Criminals should be punished to the max. Case was not charges with attempted murder. Case was charged with Felonious Assault while "fueled by drugs and alcohol"  But the judge in Ohio gave him a 4-5 year sentence. Please get you facts right.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2024, 12:19:02 AM »
I don't wish bad on anyone. And I would expect a judge to sentence someone who commits a horrible crime to the most severe sentence. Criminals should be punished to the max. Case was not charges with attempted murder. Case was charged with Felonious Assault while "fueled by drugs and alcohol"  But the judge in Ohio gave him a 4-5 year sentence. Please get you facts right.
My facts are legit. Felonious assault can end in death, you stupid piece of shit. Hopefully, you are no longer a cop.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2024, 12:30:01 AM »
Please refrain from commenting to me. I understand now why you are so disliked. I don't suffer fools. LOL!
I will comment to whatever, whenever and whomever I want. 

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2024, 01:04:38 AM »
I hope your daughter is never stabbed by a psycho drug addict but if she was, I bet your stupid response would be different.

What is wrong with you!  Why don't you do your homework and find out the truth about people you insult here including who they really are before wishing ill-will on anyone!  With comments like this, you don't belong in the human race.  Please grow up and learn some respect for others (even if this just horseplop)!

Please apologize for this as you should know better!

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2024, 01:07:56 AM »
Me, personally, I feel he did his time, paid the price, and should have the opportunity to apply for a license. Now, if a racing commission has concerns about drugs, alcohol, sobriety, and how that is going to impact him on the track, they can put protocols in place for him. That is protecting the safety and integrity of the sport, and everyone in it. That was done with Kent Desormeaux, Pat Valenzuela, and others. Now, I do not remember how many failed breathalyzer tests, drug/blood tests, etc. Walter Case may or may not have had-----so someone might say there are no grounds for that. However, he has a known and admitted history, so protocols are not out of place. The safety of others is all this is about, so I have zero problem with protocols. No way would I buy someone saying he never failed a test, so this is unnecessary or egregious.

Now, if they have concerns about him kicking horses or something like that, OK, same thing, make his license conditional and attach a schedule of penalties. But that would also have to be "fair" IMO. My own opinion is that Walter Case is not a bad or evil guy. He was a good guy who has a disease. He got very sick and did some very bad things. And, he was found guilty and paid the price that was required. Not his price. The court's price! The Judge's price. He paid the price that was handed down to him. Today, he still has the same disease. And, one day at a time he stays clean and sober. As long as he does, he should be OK-----and if he is given an opportunity, with all the terms and conditions I said, I am OK with it.

There are still many people in this business who have done some very bad things and still have their occupational licenses.

Maybe some people can name some of them so it can be discussed here.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2024, 01:10:33 AM »
What is wrong with you!  Why don't you do your homework and find out the truth about people you insult here including who they really are before wishing ill-will on anyone!  With comments like this, you don't belong in the human race.  Please grow up and learn some respect for others (even if this just horseplop)!

Please apologize for this as you should know better!
What the fuck are you talking about you stupid piece of shit? Is reading a problem for you?

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2024, 01:11:27 AM »
I will comment to whatever, whenever and whomever I want.

What's it like to be a 'KEYBOARD WARRIOR" and 'TOUGH GUY' Mike!

We all have a right to post here.

Please learn how to disagree with respect and dignity! 

With people like you acting this way, we know why the world is getting worse and not better! 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
  • Passion: Frederick bourgault
    September 25, 2024, 04:03:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal