Author Topic: Hambo broadcast  (Read 1823 times)

Lar4400

• 4 claimer
Hambo broadcast
« on: August 05, 2024, 08:57:35 PM »
Nothing like it in the entire industry.
What a day at the facility for all ages but best for harness racing enthusiasts.
The broadcast all afternoon is worthy of awards. Great interviews with trainers drivers and owners. Fantastic group of personalities all around the show.
Incredible premium races (all)not a single bad race.
Hambo and Oaks had great story lines regarding its contenders.
Give credit where it’s due, congrats to all that put the full card  broadcast together!

Any1Left

• Top Claimer
Re: Hambo broadcast
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2024, 09:37:29 PM »
 The show was very good and one reason is the track playing fair on back runners and to be honest the BIG M has mostly been very boring as speed has been the name of the game,,,,,,,, But the all around show is the best in harness racing by a mile,,,,,,,,,,,,,iF you watched GRAND RIVER today ,   They might of had the worst show in Canadian history as the love fest between the two handicappers was sickening it was very unwatchable,,,,,,,,,We need more JEFF GURALS in the game as most of his hires have been very good,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I find sugar doyle to be just like Roger huston a man that sucks up to the higher ups and the burkes of the world and loves to hear himself,,,,,,,,,,,I cant stand hearing F,,,,,ing people talking to the people in a suck up mode,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,It felt like being in a gay bar today at grand river and the BIG M NEVER puts a show like that,,,,,,,,So i agree congrats to the big m  and lets hope we dont see a WEG style of 26.2  56.1   124.2  150.2 miles with no stress racing and small payoffs,,,,,,,,,,,,I lost a ton of money on hambo day but the racing and show put on was great,

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2024, 10:51:31 PM »
It was well done. No harness track's broadcast comes close to M1's.

wizardofoz

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2024, 12:14:28 AM »
The Meadowlands is the best Jerry.......the best!  (from Seinfeld line)

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2024, 12:32:41 PM »
It was well done. No harness track's broadcast comes close to M1's.
Yes, it was. Great day. BTW, are you back with #4? You seem less angry?

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2024, 12:40:31 PM »
I was live, on-track, but we did have the broadcast on the TV and listened to parts of it. I think it was an excellent broadcast. It was informative, engaging, I also like the (Breeders Cup) approach of the live content/background content model. To me, it's educational, inviting, and brings a viewer into the day, the event, etc. I enjoyed it.

Mr Wonderful

• NW-1
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2024, 02:21:00 PM »
The Hambletonian was just OK, but lacking the total excitement it used to have when the race was decided by    heat racing. Heat racing speaks to the core of the sport and allows our Standardbreds to display their grit, determination, endurance, resiliency and downright toughness. But going along with the pussification of our  general society, the Hambletonian race was reduced to a single heat winner by the woke Hambletonian Society.  A true Hambo winner will never be the same when that horse only wins a single heat on Hambo Day.

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2024, 09:49:54 PM »
Same thing for Ky. Futurity. Should name it something else. These winners shouldn't be
 included with the old past champions. Right on the $$ Mr. Wonderful tmbz1

Any1Left

• Top Claimer
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2024, 10:35:43 PM »
It is hard or me to believe that anyone liked this coverage at GRAND RIVER as no one made one comment when someone brought up GRAND RIVER as a topic,,,,,,,,,,,   I was real happy when Robby junior got a job as finally someone who gambled finally was in a position to promote and help the sport and i like ROBERT but i call it as i see it and the love fest with a complete phony who loves to hear himself with his stupidity made me sick and when ROBERT watched the waxman horse run like crap and then said he will bounce back off a race like he ran shocked me and he was doing it all day,,,,,,,,,,,,       SUGAR doyle is just a unlikeable ROGER HUSTON clone who sucks up to important people in the industry,     it was poorly done and no one made comment when grand river was  brought up twice,,,,,,,, It is the job of someone who has that job to bring up interesting facts and have people talking the sport and LARRY LEDERMAN did just that and made people smile and we as fans knew he was entertaining us and not management,,,,,,,

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2024, 11:18:40 PM »
Yes, it was. Great day. BTW, are you back with #4? You seem less angry?
ngc3 ngc3

Any1Left

• Top Claimer
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2024, 12:14:58 AM »
MIKE to me you are a great poster as you call it as you see it and in my opinion you are a great poster so i will ask you this question ......... As n owner and lifetime gambler do i have the right to be angry.......,,,,when i wake up and listen to MONTI and watch 3/5 RACING WITH a announcer like that moron with huge drug trainers winning and its a repeat all day everyday and the real people who commit the crimes the judges and management play sgt, schultz it get to be a nightmare.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2024, 12:49:41 AM »
MIKE to me you are a great poster as you call it as you see it and in my opinion you are a great poster so i will ask you this question ......... As n owner and lifetime gambler do i have the right to be angry.......,,,,when i wake up and listen to MONTI and watch 3/5 RACING WITH a announcer like that moron with huge drug trainers winning and its a repeat all day everyday and the real people who commit the crimes the judges and management play sgt, schultz it get to be a nightmare.
You have every right to be pissed. However, it's not just Monticello, it is everywhere at this point. The problem is there is such a horse shortage that these tracks are forced to allow the drug trainers to race at their facility, as they have all the horses. They would have to shut down if they only let honest trainers race. Sad but true. The cheats have won. Their barns are full, as owners continually pull their horses away from honest trainers and move them into drug barns.   

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
  • Passion: Frederick bourgault
    September 25, 2024, 04:03:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal