Author Topic: Over racing 2yo's?  (Read 4479 times)

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
Re: Over racing 2yo's?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2024, 12:04:16 PM »
What should be noted is that the horse won every one of those starts except a Sire Stakes
where it was in over its head with a bad post.

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2024, 12:20:21 PM »
And he gutted her from post 9 that night. 

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2024, 01:03:32 PM »
Just won at Croton with a horse that raced and won at Jefferson two days ago. ;D

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2024, 01:20:27 PM »
The point of this thread is it too much...not how they are racing.  Will this have any lasting negative effects on the horse?  I guess time will tell, just seems excessive in the heat.

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2024, 01:41:58 PM »
I get that 'BUT' they're 'HIS' horses and he's winning a bunch.
No rules against it. Theory is they won't hold up. Probably true.
However he has one in Carl Milstein Sat that they raced the piss
out of too. Had one in that Yonkers Series [Dunkin] that was raced
 that way too. Just shows theories are just that theories. 11.wp

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2024, 03:23:08 PM »
Before harness racing like the rest of the world went woke, two year olds could race twice in one night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwUV3GVOehw

It did not seem to hurt Nihilator as a three year old.
You're a fucking idiot non horseman. If you knew anything about breeding, you wouldn't post the shit you do. Standardbreds are not structured like they were when Nihilator raced. Inbreeding has diminished bone density to a point that Standardbred's bones of today cannot be compromised like they were in 1985. If you were an actual horseman and looked at the change of the breed from the 70's till now, you would say the same thing I just did.

jupiter

• Elite
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2024, 04:49:53 PM »
Totally different animal from the 70's. Ya buy them now, most trot or pace right out of the box. I remember the days of 4 or 5 trips training down, didn't hurt them. I warmed horses for the 8th race,  Jog after 1st, trip 35 after 2nd, trip 15 bike after 5th. How many remember those days, drivers didn't own bikes

Open bridle

• Open / FFA
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2024, 05:01:24 AM »
Can't believe Clegg's Dunkin won the Dan Patch.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2024, 10:28:06 AM »
to each their own and do whatever works for you
their is no one blueprint for all
every horse is an individual
they paid $7k for dunkin and he's made $735k and counting
that covers up a lot of ones that dont make it
maybe some "big name" trainers who are struggling badly should switch things up and try something different

Frankie T

• 4 claimer
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2024, 02:09:36 PM »
You're a fucking idiot non horseman. If you knew anything about breeding, you wouldn't post the shit you do. Standardbreds are not structured like they were when Nihilator raced. Inbreeding has diminished bone density to a point that Standardbred's bones of today cannot be compromised like they were in 1985. If you were an actual horseman and looked at the change of the breed from the 70's till now, you would say the same thing I just did.

Your are just a woke a-hole. Horses were racing heats long after 1985 and still do in the Jug and Jugette. Except for a few woke trainer, the top trainers like Takter and Burke send horses to both. I think they knew a bit more than you. It is this woke thinking which is ruining sports and our society. Go get your 10th COVID jab and cry to the government to forgive your student loan.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2024, 02:36:55 PM »
Your are just a woke a-hole. Horses were racing heats long after 1985 and still do in the Jug and Jugette. Except for a few woke trainer, the top trainers like Takter and Burke send horses to both. I think they knew a bit more than you. It is this woke thinking which is ruining sports and our society. Go get your 10th COVID jab and cry to the government to forgive your student loan.
Make up your mind shit for brains. In your other post you said no one goes heats like they used to and now you are saying most do other than a few. I suggest you lay off the sauce dickhead.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2024, 02:38:48 PM »

I’m very glad that I’m not the only one having “problems” with LIL MIKEY!

Welcome to horseplop 2024!!

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2024, 02:43:08 PM »
Make up your mind shit for brains. In your other post you said no one goes heats like they used to and now you are saying most do other than a few. I suggest you lay off the sauce dickhead.

Good afternoon LIL MIKEY

Please tell horseplop what you are accomplishing with your foul mouth here??

Do you feel like more of a man?

All we see here is another “KEYBOARD WARRIOR” who thinks he is a tough guy!

SO SAD

Open bridle

• Open / FFA
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2024, 03:04:31 PM »
to each their own and do whatever works for you
their is no one blueprint for all
every horse is an individual
they paid $7k for dunkin and he's made $735k and counting
that covers up a lot of ones that dont make it
maybe some "big name" trainers who are struggling badly should switch things up and try something different
After the last ten years of buying yearlings with limited success I am convinced it at least 90% pure luck to find a real good one. They come from just about every pedigree and size.

Frankie T

• 4 claimer
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2024, 03:26:16 PM »

Your obviously a man with a small penis who has to insult people online when they defeat you with facts. I don't see your name listed in any of the grand circuit races. You better get you woke ass in line now so you don't miss voting for Harris.

People who know much more than you say it is not very hard on horses racing two heats. That is just a woke fairy tale perpetuated by woke wannabes like you.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2024, 03:33:16 PM by Frankie T »

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Thank You Calhoun, Trying to post winners
    September 29, 2024, 12:41:02 PM
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal