Author Topic: Karl...in to go...  (Read 8255 times)

JT

• Open / FFA
Re: Karl...in to go...
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2024, 06:17:25 PM »
I agree. A nose loss and a bad drive from being UNDEFEATED. All you morons keep on talking about how bad gaited and lame he is. How many times has he made a break????? You're all a bunch of losers. 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp
I think everybody on here knows he is great horse but he just won't be in your words remembered as the best ever. Go watch old videos of peace corps or Mack Lobell and tell me honestly if Karl's gait looks like that. We are in a different era now it's all about speed not longevity.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2024, 06:27:36 PM »
That is exactly what I said in my my post labeled my first post.. is Karl going to be a 4 time breeders crown champion or race in and win the eliloppet like  Peace Corps.. of course not. He will go off to stud after a few more races. The ownership knows he's fragile and they won't want to diminish his stud value.The only trotting mare that banked more money then peace corps was moni maker and purses were bigger for her with many more starts.

I don't know when he's going to retire, but the potential or prospect of him going overseas to campaign at 4 (if he makes it through his 3yo year) might be questionable. On one hand, the Crawfords bought back into the horse and I am sure they did so thinking about more than his racing career. On the other hand, he is also owned by Bender (Sweden) and although they race and breed in Europe, their holdings here in the US are just as substantial, actually more. They own a major training center here, buy yearlings and leave them here, and race here in a big way. Their operation is heavily focused on the US. Where this horse goes if he makes it through his 3yo year.....who knows.

Sweet Louis

• Top Claimer
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2024, 06:34:17 PM »
Mike yea where's the guy who said as soon as he's asked to go he will break...not only was he asked in the Hambo he did it in the slop...Karl may never race again he looks bad...running for 80k 2 weeks later and wins...then the best ever the ones who make excuses for wins lmao...if he didnt have cover or he didnt do the dirty work or they forgot to put in his contacts so he could see(sarcasm)..how many horses(great horses) never had races that if they werent the benefactor of a good trip they wouldn't have won smh...whats funny is that EXACTLY why you have only a handful of drivers who drive these horses because they want the best drivers for this reason to put them in the best position...if it was only about speed and go G Nap would have drove many of great horses...I swear some of these dudes say shit just for attention...Howev er at this point to what someone else said I don't believe he could beat Jiggy Jog right now

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2024, 06:35:29 PM »
I think everybody on here knows he is great horse but he just won't be in your words remembered as the best ever. Go watch old videos of peace corps or Mack Lobell and tell me honestly if Karl's gait looks like that. We are in a different era now it's all about speed not longevity.
If you don't adapt, you die. There is no financial benefit to race a horse longer than you need to. It is all about ROI. People ridiculed Myron for managing Captain T the way he did and he and his partners laughed all the way to the bank. If I came on here when Bulldog Hanover was a 3 year old and posted that he would be remembered as the greatest pacer ever, all you assholes would be posting how ridiculous that was. How did that work out? Karl is 16 for 18 with a nose loss and a third place finish. He will trot sub 49 and not one of your greats will be able to say that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, speed doesn't mean anything. OK, how about win percentage? Peace Corp was beat, as was Mack and Moni Maker. Karl may end the year 23 for 25. NONE of your greats can say that.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2024, 06:37:57 PM »
Mike yea where's the guy who said as soon as he's asked to go he will break...not only was he asked in the Hambo he did it in the slop...Karl may never race again he looks bad...running for 80k 2 weeks later and wins...then the best ever the ones who make excuses for wins lmao...if he didnt have cover or he didnt do the dirty work or they forgot to put in his contacts so he could see(sarcasm)..how many horses(great horses) never had races that if they werent the benefactor of a good trip they wouldn't have won smh...whats funny is that EXACTLY why you have only a handful of drivers who drive these horses because they want the best drivers for this reason to put them in the best position...if it was only about speed and go G Nap would have drove many of great horses...I swear some of these dudes say shit just for attention...Howev er at this point to what someone else said I don't believe he could beat Jiggy Jog right now
tmbz1 tmbz1

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2024, 06:43:11 PM »
EXCUSES, EXCUSES !!!!
OK, I will give you several excuses.. You're autistic..You're a drunk....You're a felon....You're a dirt bag...You're a creep. How's that??

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2024, 06:50:58 PM »
If you don't adapt, you die. There is no financial benefit to race a horse longer than you need to. It is all about ROI. People ridiculed Myron for managing Captain T the way he did and he and his partners laughed all the way to the bank. If I came on here when Bulldog Hanover was a 3 year old and posted that he would be remembered as the greatest pacer ever, all you assholes would be posting how ridiculous that was. How did that work out? Karl is 16 for 18 with a nose loss and a third place finish. He will trot sub 49 and not one of your greats will be able to say that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, speed doesn't mean anything. OK, how about win percentage? Peace Corp was beat, as was Mack and Moni Maker. Karl may end the year 23 for 25. NONE of your greats can say that.
I realize that but you made my point for me he is going to stud after a few more races and if I was in the ownership group I'd do the same thing. I just think to be remembered as the greatest there has to be some longevity. I've seen you mention Bulldog quite a bit. Ihope you don't think he was the greatest ever because he is the fastest. Niatross and Artsplace and SBSW would have a say in that

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2024, 07:03:29 PM »
I realize that but you made my point for me he is going to stud after a few more races and if I was in the ownership group I'd do the same thing. I just think to be remembered as the greatest there has to be some longevity. I've seen you mention Bulldog quite a bit. Ihope you don't think he was the greatest ever because he is the fastest. Niatross and Artsplace and SBSW would have a say in that
I never said he was retiring after this year. I don't know what is going to happen, I said he will race to get the highest ROI. As far as Bulldog is concerned, the only reason I brought him up is because he was nothing extraordinary at 3 and he became one of the greats at 4. Don't sell Bulldog short. On his best day, he was a monster. I have no idea if he could beat the horses you mentioned but it would be close.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2024, 07:06:57 PM by MIKE CAMPBELL »

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2024, 07:08:20 PM »
I never said he was retiring after this year. I don't know what is going to happen, I said he will race to get the highest ROI. As far as Bulldog is concerned, the only reason I brought him up is because he was nothing extraordinary at 3 and he became one the greats at 4. Don't sell Bulldog short. On his best day, he was a monster. I have no idea if he could beat the horses you mentioned but it would be close.
Comparing Karl and Bulldog is apples and oranges.. Karl is a great horse as a 3 year old.. probably won't race after this year.. and as you said Bulldog was an OK 3 year old and yes he was a monster at 4 and I wish he would have continued to race to cement his legacy

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2024, 07:16:59 PM »
Comparing Karl and Bulldog is apples and oranges.. Karl is a great horse as a 3 year old.. probably won't race after this year.. and as you said Bulldog was an OK 3 year old and yes he was a monster at 4 and I wish he would have continued to race to cement his legacy
You're missing the point. I am not comparing Karl to Bulldog. I am stating that history can change quickly. No one thought Bulldog was great at Karl's age and he turned into a champion. Conversely, all you morons have  already written Karl's history and he hasn't even finished racing. Maybe he wins his next 5 races sub 1:50. Maybe he loses his next 5 races and they bring him back next year to restore his value. Point is, no one knows.

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2024, 07:28:58 PM »
You're missing the point. I am not comparing Karl to Bulldog. I am stating that history can change quickly. No one thought Bulldog was great at Karl's age and he turned into a champion. Conversely, all you morons have  already written Karl's history and he hasn't even finished racing. Maybe he wins his next 5 races sub 1:50. Maybe he loses his next 5 races and they bring him back next year to restore his value. Point is, no one knows.
That is correct.. nobody knows.  I hope he wins his remaining starts this year and dominates in a 4 and 5 year old campaign. That is highly unlikely but I hope that is what happens. Great horses is what makes the sport fun to watch. My favorite race during jug week wasn't the jug.. but the senior jug where past participants came back to race. Unfortunately that race no longer exists. It was changed to the Magical Mike invitational which never would have been called that had Cams Card Shark not gone lame. One of the best races I remember watching in Delaware was when Jenna's beach boy raced there as a 4 year old. He was scratched as a 3 year old. He set the track record on Sunday which was broken on jug day by Stand Forever. Point being I hope Karl continues to win and race as an older horse

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2024, 07:32:18 PM »
That is correct.. nobody knows.  I hope he wins his remaining starts this year and dominates in a 4 and 5 year old campaign. That is highly unlikely but I hope that is what happens. Great horses is what makes the sport fun to watch. My favorite race during jug week wasn't the jug.. but the senior jug where past participants came back to race. Unfortunately that race no longer exists. It was changed to the Magical Mike invitational which never would have been called that had Cams Card Shark not gone lame. One of the best races I remember watching in Delaware was when Jenna's beach boy raced there as a 4 year old. He was scratched as a 3 year old. He set the track record on Sunday which was broken on jug day by Stand Forever. Point being I hope Karl continues to win and race as an older horse
I'm an old man. I was 15 and saw Bret Hanover win the Messenger at Roosevelt to win the triple crown.

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2024, 07:35:19 PM »
I'm an old man. I was 15 and saw Bret Hanover win the Messenger at Roosevelt to win the triple crown.
I guess that makes you 74?

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2024, 07:38:16 PM »
I guess that makes you 74?
Fortunately or unfortunately yes.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2024, 07:48:36 PM »
All this conversation would never have happen if Gural’s rule had stuck. Everyone knew the breeders would get it blown away..
a horse should never be considered as “The Best Ever” unless they made 40 starts.   

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Thank You Calhoun, Trying to post winners
    September 29, 2024, 12:41:02 PM
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal