Author Topic: Karl...in to go...  (Read 8272 times)

rainman2

• Elite
Re: Karl...in to go...
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2024, 07:51:16 PM »
Fortunately or unfortunately yes.

DEMENTIA

SENILITY

Which one?

Inquiring minds want to know!!

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2024, 07:54:41 PM »
« Last Edit: August 14, 2024, 07:56:27 PM by Bernie Madoff »
He who laughs last, laughs best.

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2024, 08:10:58 PM »
All this conversation would never have happen if Gural’s rule had stuck. Everyone knew the breeders would get it blown away..
a horse should never be considered as “The Best Ever” unless they made 40 starts.
It should be 50 starts tmbz1

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2024, 08:15:59 PM »
It should be 50 starts tmbz1

10-15 starts at 2
30 starts at 3

Still makes you race at 4.

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2024, 08:21:51 PM »
10-15 starts at 2
30 starts at 3

Still makes you race at 4.
And at 5.. a horse reaches his or her top speed at 5

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2024, 08:24:29 PM »
It would be shocking if Karl raced at age 4

maybe he can run the table--but we all know its about 4-5 races remain his career

and i doubt this magical 148 mile will happen at Lexington-but i could be wrong

he would need a 119 pace set by another trotter for that to happen

i wish him the best

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2024, 08:32:35 PM »
Fortunately or unfortunately yes.
You see Mike I'm not a moron or douchbag like you stated last night. I was able to quickly figure out your age by how old you were when you saw the great Bret Hanover race. I do know a little bit about the sport.You are the same age as my Dad who is going through cancer treatment now. He said the greatest LBJ he ever saw was Most Happy Fella and the most disappointing was the following year when Nansemond upset Albatross. We will have to agree to disagree about Karl.. I think longevity does factor in to talking about greatest ever..maybe I will eat my words and he does race at 4.I hope he does. I hope you and rainman can make amends at some point because my Dad's cancer journey has taught me that life is to short for B.S.

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2024, 08:35:59 PM »

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2024, 08:37:01 PM »
And at 5.. a horse reaches his or her top speed at 5

The risk/reward of racing good horses longer?
If you don’t race well you diminish their value/stud value down the road.

Years ago people raced their horses not worried about the stud barn in the immediate future. Now the opposite is true. Good mark early—get a good return as a stud!

Generally speaking a 4 year olds are at a disadvantage against older all things equal.

The same is true as a 3 year old is at a disadvantage against older all things equal.

The gural rule complicates things more.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2024, 08:46:23 PM by rainman2 »

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2024, 08:47:11 PM »
It would be shocking if Karl raced at age 4

maybe he can run the table--but we all know its about 4-5 races remain his career

and i doubt this magical 148 mile will happen at Lexington-but i could be wrong

he would need a 119 pace set by another trotter for that to happen

i wish him the best
He would need a rabbit for sure and perfect weather.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2024, 08:56:59 PM »
You see Mike I'm not a moron or douchbag like you stated last night. I was able to quickly figure out your age by how old you were when you saw the great Bret Hanover race. I do know a little bit about the sport.You are the same age as my Dad who is going through cancer treatment now. He said the greatest LBJ he ever saw was Most Happy Fella and the most disappointing was the following year when Nansemond upset Albatross. We will have to agree to disagree about Karl.. I think longevity does factor in to talking about greatest ever..maybe I will eat my words and he does race at 4.I hope he does. I hope you and rainman can make amends at some point because my Dad's cancer journey has taught me that life is to short for B.S.

I agree
Let’s talk racing!!
We can all learn to agree to disagree politely without being vindictive, nasty, and condescending language.
Mike Campbell—-1 time offer—are you in on this or out?

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2024, 09:02:43 PM »
He would need a rabbit for sure and perfect weather.

Bring back a time trial for this??   Lol

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2024, 09:18:12 PM »
Rabbit doesn't involve a Time Trial. Ask Confederate. Mike, I would make him a standing offer to suck your dick.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2024, 10:44:23 PM »
Rabbit doesn't involve a Time Trial. Ask Confederate. Mike, I would make him a standing offer to suck your dick.
ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2024, 12:04:34 AM »
That is exactly what I said in my my post labeled my first post.. is Karl going to be a 4 time breeders crown champion or race in and win the eliloppet like  Peace Corps.. of course not. He will go off to stud after a few more races. The ownership knows he's fragile and they won't want to diminish his stud value.The only trotting mare that banked more money then peace corps was moni maker and purses were bigger for her with many more starts.

You bring up a very good point. Looking at a trotter and seeing how fast he goes in a particular race is not going to make him the greatest or one of the greatest of all time. I don't put a horse on any greatest list because of one performance or one world record time, whether anybody else has done it or not. IMO one needs to look at----like you are referring to----and entire career, an entire body of work, all of the accomplishments, the prestige and stature of the races won, the difficulty of those races, and much more.

If Karl races another few times this year, then wins the BC this year, comes back at 4 and wins the Elitloppet-----that will not automatically get him on anyone's 10 greatest of all time list. He'll be in people's minds, because it's today, and that's what most people think about. It might it get him on the some people's top 10's, possibly. But no leading experts, people who have qualified opinions, wouldn't have him anywhere near the top, if he was on the list at all. Too many "young" people, people who remember now, will not be able to compare that career with, and I'll just give one example.....Varen ne. If old timers would rank Karl and this hypothetical remainder of his career, above that horse, they are already suffering from dementia.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Thank You Calhoun, Trying to post winners
    September 29, 2024, 12:41:02 PM
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal