Author Topic: Karl...in to go...  (Read 8246 times)

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
Re: Karl...in to go...
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2024, 07:32:55 AM »
The fact that he ducked the Beal for $300,000 to race for $80,000 in KY certainly indicates that they are trying to avoid anything with more than 2 turns.

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2024, 08:03:11 AM »
The fact that he ducked the Beal for $300,000 to race for $80,000 in KY certainly indicates that they are trying to avoid anything with more than 2 turns.
tmbz1

Foalin at 4

• Open / FFA
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2024, 08:27:01 AM »
The more important looming question is, how long until Michelle believes she can handle a stud. She has campsites in New York and Kentucky.

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2024, 09:57:01 AM »
If you don't adapt, you die. There is no financial benefit to race a horse longer than you need to. It is all about ROI. People ridiculed Myron for managing Captain T the way he did and he and his partners laughed all the way to the bank. If I came on here when Bulldog Hanover was a 3 year old and posted that he would be remembered as the greatest pacer ever, all you assholes would be posting how ridiculous that was. How did that work out? Karl is 16 for 18 with a nose loss and a third place finish. He will trot sub 49 and not one of your greats will be able to say that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, speed doesn't mean anything. OK, how about win percentage? Peace Corp was beat, as was Mack and Moni Maker. Karl may end the year 23 for 25. NONE of your greats can say that.

What could possible have you think Bulldog was considered the best pacer of all time? ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Obviously, you stare at the clock instead of watching races 73cv.2

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2024, 03:33:00 PM »
I think Bulldog Hanover had an excellent 4 year old campaign, obviously.....whi le he lost his second start of the year in the final of the Juravinski (many people forget he finished 4th), that would be his first of only two losses in his 16 start season. However, off that season, and what he did before that, people are saying he's the GOAT? Really? I could see some present day thinkers put him on their top 10, but GOAT?

That said, I don't care how fast he went, or what races he won. I just have to watch him and then remember what I watched when I saw Artsplace, and I immediately know who is going on my top 10 list.

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2024, 03:48:57 PM »
Sounds like Precious Bunny must be in your top 5 since he repeated schooled Artsplace. 11.wp

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2024, 04:21:40 PM »
Sounds like Precious Bunny must be in your top 5 since he repeated schooled Artsplace. 11.wp

i was a big fan of Precious Bunny and the way Moiseyev drove him

his first few jumps in his Jug elim are always etched in my mind

there is plenty of anti-Bunny due to Robinson being the trainer

i actually had the pleasure of meeting Bunny Lake up close at Stark's place--she was very nasty

Precious Bunny paced the first night time sub 150 mile ever in his M1 Pace final--1991

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2024, 04:32:11 PM »

Nope. And find me an expert, someone with a qualified opinion, recognized in the industry, who puts PB on their list. I'll save you the time, you won't find one. And, they will all have Artsplace on their list. And, I agree with them completely. Good luck!

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2024, 05:15:49 PM »
Sorry Bitter no chance. Not a big Robinson fan. Yes that start at the jug is etched in my mind to.. I believe out of 6 hole. I was thrilled as an 18 year old kid when Life Sign beat both Robinson horses Riyadh and Presidental Ball. That was a great crop of 3 year Olds that year

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2024, 06:32:01 PM »
You're just 49? ngc3 Just a pup. I was a Shiek that year for Riyadh. Bittersweet memory. tmbz1

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2024, 06:40:12 PM »
You're just 49? ngc3 Just a pup. I was a Shiek that year for Riyadh. Bittersweet memory. tmbz1
Correct I turn 50 in 2 months

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #116 on: August 15, 2024, 07:26:41 PM »
I get it Grandstand and I gotta agree , In the overall look, Artsplace was better.
Raced longer. He did romp him for that one year though.Don't know the stats but
would love to hear the offspring stats of those two. Artsplace I would think probably
better there also. The Bunny threw quite a few pretty good ones though

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #117 on: August 15, 2024, 08:09:47 PM »
I get it Grandstand and I gotta agree , In the overall look, Artsplace was better.
Raced longer. He did romp him for that one year though.Don't know the stats but
would love to hear the offspring stats of those two. Artsplace I would think probably
better there also. The Bunny threw quite a few pretty good ones though

Artsplace wasnt better in 1991-he was dominated by Precious Bunny all year on the race track

Artsplace sired many really good ones

Precious Bunny sired Bunny Lake but i cannot think of any other notable ones

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #118 on: August 15, 2024, 08:19:51 PM »
Going on memory, PB sired winners of maybe $50mm, maybe $60mm, mostly from his initial crops coming from Castleton Farm. I would call his production record average at best. He sired only three millionaires, those being Bunny Lake, Stout, and Precious Delight. After those three, I don't think there were any real superstars there.

Artsplace, as a stallion I know very well...he sired winners of $170mm, was the leading money winning stallion six out of seven years, and (from my breeders report), sired 17 millionaires and the winners of 11 Breeders Crown races, and was the all-time leading broodmare sire.

Wasn't so close in the breeding shed, LOL. Alydar and Affirmed, LOL.

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #119 on: August 15, 2024, 08:28:38 PM »
Going on memory, PB sired winners of maybe $50mm, maybe $60mm, mostly from his initial crops coming from Castleton Farm. I would call his production record average at best. He sired only three millionaires, those being Bunny Lake, Stout, and Precious Delight. After those three, I don't think there were any real superstars there.

Artsplace, as a stallion I know very well...he sired winners of $170mm, was the leading money winning stallion six out of seven years, and (from my breeders report), sired 17 millionaires and the winners of 11 Breeders Crown races, and was the all-time leading broodmare sire.

Wasn't so close in the breeding shed, LOL. Alydar and Affirmed, LOL.
You are correct grandstand.. if you look up his broodmare sired the list is astonishing.. Foiled Again, Captaintreacherou s, Always b miki,well said, rocknroll heaven,artistic fella,Fella, pet rock, artspeak,Clear Vision.. I could go on and on

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Thank You Calhoun, Trying to post winners
    September 29, 2024, 12:41:02 PM
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal