Author Topic: My first post  (Read 7855 times)

JT

• Open / FFA
My first post
« on: August 13, 2024, 09:54:55 PM »
I am new to horseplop..I really enjoy the banter between everyone on here. I came to love harness racing through my Dad and Grandfather who was a small time owner in Ohio. My Dad is going through stage 4 cancer right now and reading this forum takes my mind off of his daily trials and tribulations. I take the week off of work for the brown jug every year and Ihave since I was 7 years old and I turn 50 this year. I live 5 minutes from the fairgrounds. As far as Karl being the best trotter of all time.. he's not even close. I think Mike says that to get a rise out of everybody. For my money the best trotter I ever witnessed was Peace Corps. I was just a kid and I asked my Grandfather why I could not bet on her and he said you'll see. She was barred fom betting. Her track record for trotters stood for many years in Delaware until Pine Chip broke it. For whatever it's worth when I met the greatest driver of all time John Campbell he said the best horse he ever sat behind was Mack Lobell

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
Re: My first post
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2024, 10:03:27 PM »
Welcome aboard JT. I remember Peace Corp broke stride at Delaware, got way back and Campbell
patiently got him together and not only caught up but won. Delaware not 'NEARLY' as cool as it once
was. The town and the fair and the race,

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2024, 10:07:18 PM »
Yes bitter truth with the higher sire stakes purses the triple crown races have lost some of there luster. Like Gabe Prewitt and I know he tries to support the sport but why you would schedule Kentucky sire stakes finals a few days before jug week makes no sense

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2024, 10:54:55 PM »
I am new to horseplop..I really enjoy the banter between everyone on here. I came to love harness racing through my Dad and Grandfather who was a small time owner in Ohio. My Dad is going through stage 4 cancer right now and reading this forum takes my mind off of his daily trials and tribulations. I take the week off of work for the brown jug every year and Ihave since I was 7 years old and I turn 50 this year. I live 5 minutes from the fairgrounds. As far as Karl being the best trotter of all time.. he's not even close. I think Mike says that to get a rise out of everybody. For my money the best trotter I ever witnessed was Peace Corps. I was just a kid and I asked my Grandfather why I could not bet on her and he said you'll see. She was barred fom betting. Her track record for trotters stood for many years in Delaware until Pine Chip broke it. For whatever it's worth when I met the greatest driver of all time John Campbell he said the best horse he ever sat behind was Mack Lobell
Once again, show me where I posted that he was the greatest trotter ever.

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2024, 11:03:26 PM »
Once again, show me where I posted that he was the greatest trotter ever.
It's all over this forum. I'm not on here to get into drama.. I'm here to have factual discussions about harness racing. I paid you a compliment saying I respect some of your opinions and that's how you respond. Just Wow.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2024, 11:05:45 PM »
It's all over this forum. I'm not on here to get into drama.. I'm here to have factual discussions about harness racing. I paid you a compliment saying I respect some of your opinions and that's how you respond. Just Wow.
Boo fucking Hoo. If you are going to post about me, I will respond accordingly dumbass.

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2024, 11:11:21 PM »
Boo fucking Hoo. If you are going to post about me, I will respond accordingly dumbass.
What are you 5 years old responding to a new person on this forum with name calling like a child. No wonder most people on here don't like you very much.

dougie

• Open / FFA
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2024, 11:14:35 PM »
Welcome JT to the group. I too, love harness racing. I was a owner in the early 80's with four cheap claimers. Didn't make any money, but had some great times. My best advise to you is to "pick your spots"with who you chat with. I'm a Jewish kid"" from Brookyn who likes this site. I've seen the anti-semetic comments but just scroll by. There are all sorts of folks on here. Trainers, Drivers, Grooms, Owners, and fans. I'm not sure who's what, but I do love reading many of the comments. So have fun and enjoy "Horseplop" for what it is. Prayers for you Dad.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2024, 11:17:06 PM »
What are you 5 years old responding to a new person on this forum with name calling like a child. No wonder most people on here don't like you very much.
Oh, you're a new person. Well, I wasn't aware of that. My apologies. Serious question..How long will I have to tolerate your mental deficiencies until I can call you out on them. I misplaced my Horseplop rule book and am not up to date on how to treat a new douchebag.

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2024, 11:20:46 PM »
Welcome JT to the group. I too, love harness racing. I was a owner in the early 80's with four cheap claimers. Didn't make any money, but had some great times. My best advise to you is to "pick your spots"with who you chat with. I'm a Jewish kid"" from Brookyn who likes this site. I've seen the anti-semetic comments but just scroll by. There are all sorts of folks on here. Trainers, Drivers, Grooms, Owners, and fans. I'm not sure who's what, but I do love reading many of the comments. So have fun and enjoy "Horseplop" for what it is. Prayers for you Dad.
Thanks for the prayers.. you can never have to many. I'm going to miss not having him at the brown jug this year

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2024, 11:25:37 PM »

tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1

Welcome to horseplop JT!

Isn't it SAD that some people have to "BULLY" others here because they can't agree to disagree on a simple blog known as horseplop!

Keep up your outstanding work on horseplop!

I'm glad you're here!

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2024, 11:27:52 PM »
Oh, you're a new person. Well, I wasn't aware of that. My apologies. Serious question..How long will I have to tolerate your mental deficiencies until I can call you out on them. I misplaced my Horseplop rule book and am not up to date on how to treat a new douchebag.
Well Mike any respect of your opinions on here has quickly vanished. I told this forum that I come on here to get a break from my Dad's cancer treatment and you respond with no class at all. What a heartless loser

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2024, 11:29:02 PM »

Some people don't take compliments well.  Even I tried to make a real serious comment on another thread, and I got the exact same treatment (a comment with 'ZERO MALICE' intended)!

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2024, 11:30:18 PM »
Well Mike any respect of your opinions on here has quickly vanished. I told this forum that I come on here to get a break from my Dad's cancer treatment and you respond with no class at all. What a heartless loser

Thank you for being polite!  This is something that is not in LIL MIKEY'S character!

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2024, 11:34:51 PM »
tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1

Welcome to horseplop JT!

Isn't it SAD that some people have to "BULLY" others here because they can't agree to disagree on a simple blog known as horseplop!

Keep up your outstanding work on horseplop!

I'm glad you're here!
Thanks for the welcome rainmaker we should be able to agree to disagree without such vitriol

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Thank You Calhoun, Trying to post winners
    September 29, 2024, 12:41:02 PM
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal