Author Topic: My first post  (Read 7841 times)

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
Re: My first post
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2024, 02:23:43 AM »
I had a  True Duane colt. Named him True North. Just average, maybe A-3.  I also had a nice colt by Cold Front.  Remember him. I raced the off season at Hollywood park with Valarro, Vladingham, and Bob Farrington. That was a beautiful track until it became impossible to get to your car at night. What a shame? Do you happen to remember one of the fastest mares of the time? Her name was Maida Million. Eddie Cobb drove her and a few for me before he was forced to move The Ivanhoe Stable, which became The Nev-Cal Stable out West for one too many severe tote drops at Yonkers and Roosevelt. Jimmy Cruise Sr. had a great over-nighter Frank T. Ace.

Also, I just love the guys on here who think harness racing began at the Meadowlands. Well this one made 3million and this one made 6million like that means something. Well in his day, Bret, Horse of the year 3 times fell short of a million by $100,000. Oh, and by the way, Bret, True Duane, Adios Vic, et al, really raced on hay and oats. Food for thought for phonies like Ronnie and Jimmy and a plethora of others who deserve nothing less than an asterick and perhaps crucifixion. Let us not forget our previous Trainer of the Year, Jen Bongiorno, and some of the dummies on Plop who believe she really trained horses. Well where is she now? Maybe she stepped on a rusty nail and had to retire? As I have said on previous posts, she didn't know which end of the horse the shit came out of.  Sorry, I am just in education mode tonight.
I remember Frank T Ace and Bud T Ace. Both made a lot of money.

old guy

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2024, 08:55:21 AM »
I had a  True Duane colt. Named him True North. Just average, maybe A-3.  I also had a nice colt by Cold Front.  Remember him. I raced the off season at Hollywood park with Valarro, Vladingham, and Bob Farrington. That was a beautiful track until it became impossible to get to your car at night. What a shame? Do you happen to remember one of the fastest mares of the time? Her name was Maida Million. Eddie Cobb drove her and a few for me before he was forced to move The Ivanhoe Stable, which became The Nev-Cal Stable out West for one too many severe tote drops at Yonkers and Roosevelt. Jimmy Cruise Sr. had a great over-nighter Frank T. Ace.

Also, I just love the guys on here who think harness racing began at the Meadowlands. Well this one made 3million and this one made 6million like that means something. Well in his day, Bret, Horse of the year 3 times fell short of a million by $100,000. Oh, and by the way, Bret, True Duane, Adios Vic, et al, really raced on hay and oats. Food for thought for phonies like Ronnie and Jimmy and a plethora of others who deserve nothing less than an asterick and perhaps crucifixion. Let us not forget our previous Trainer of the Year, Jen Bongiorno, and some of the dummies on Plop who believe she really trained horses. Well where is she now? Maybe she stepped on a rusty nail and had to retire? As I have said on previous posts, she didn't know which end of the horse the shit came out of.  Sorry, I am just in education mode tonight.

There are some who think that Maida Million could have beaten Cardigan Bay at Freehold the day he went over a million dollars in earnings.

kooter for hipin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2024, 12:32:37 PM »

There are some who think that Maida Million could have beaten Cardigan Bay at Freehold the day he went over a million dollars in earnings.

I am one of those!    tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1

kooter for hipin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2024, 10:13:14 PM »
Welcome JT to the group. I too, love harness racing. I was a owner in the early 80's with four cheap claimers. Didn't make any money, but had some great times. My best advise to you is to "pick your spots"with who you chat with. I'm a Jewish kid"" from Brookyn who likes this site. I've seen the anti-semetic comments but just scroll by. There are all sorts of folks on here. Trainers, Drivers, Grooms, Owners, and fans. I'm not sure who's what, but I do love reading many of the comments. So have fun and enjoy "Horseplop" for what it is. Prayers for you Dad.

Now I get it Dougie, you are just another whinning Landing Field Person. Grow up and quit with the God's Chosen People card and the "I'm just here for fun" BS.

dougie

• Open / FFA
« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2024, 10:35:13 PM »
I have no idea what your talking about kooter. I don't know you nor do I care what you post.

Artsplace1990

• NW-1
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2024, 10:41:06 PM »
JT I've never posted anything on here either I just get a kick out of reading posts I'm from Columbus Ohio got a camper spot at Delaware in first turn just want to say prayers for your father I've lost alot of family and friends to that evil disease keep your head up

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2024, 10:47:25 PM »
JT I've never posted anything on here either I just get a kick out of reading posts I'm from Columbus Ohio got a camper spot at Delaware in first turn just want to say prayers for your father I've lost alot of family and friends to that evil disease keep your head up
Thanks for the prayers! Only 4 weeks to go until fair week.

dougie

• Open / FFA
« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2024, 10:53:37 PM »
JT, we are in "Fair Season" here in Maine now!

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2024, 11:07:08 PM »
JT, we are in "Fair Season" here in Maine now!
Yeah I'd seen that on one of your previous posts.There are fairs going on all over Ohio now. They pretty much go all summer long. For my wife's 50th birthday we did a 3 week trip to the northeast and we stayed in Old Orchard Beach for 5 nights. Great little beach town by Portland. We hit up Scarborough Downs on one afternoon while we were there. This was a couple years before they closed down What part of the state do you reside?

dougie

• Open / FFA
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2024, 11:13:24 PM »
JT. I am in Kennebunkport. Old Orchard Beach is a great area. We love living here. Sadly Scarborough is closed. New homes and condos are already there. If you both ever get up here again, let me know. Lobster rolls are on me!

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2024, 11:21:57 PM »
JT. I am in Kennebunkport. Old Orchard Beach is a great area. We love living here. Sadly Scarborough is closed. New homes and condos are already there. If you both ever get up here again, let me know. Lobster rolls are on me!
Ahhh where the Bush family used to vacation.It is a great area In the 3 weeks we couldn't fit in everything we wanted to see but OOB was where we parked the car and chilled out for some days. I would definitely take you up on the lobster rolls. I've been to 46 of the 50 states and Maine is a great one. Next time we go up there we want to get up to Bar Harbor. If you ever make it to the jug hit me up. I'll get ya some good Midwestern fair food.

dougie

• Open / FFA
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2024, 11:26:31 PM »
Thanks JT!

BoKnows

• Top Claimer
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2024, 11:36:11 PM »
That’s right!
39-37-0-0
I saw him live at Batavia Downs in 1980 live and in person!
Read the stat line above!  How many times will Karl race?
39 starts seems very unlikely!!

And Niatross did it carrying around Clint Galbraith. I was foolish enough to bet against him in his 1st start at Vernon. I bet on Mr Ray Scott with Anne Wheeler.

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2024, 08:07:10 AM »
Thanks for the prayers! Only 4 weeks to go until fair week.

Prayers. 

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
He who laughs last, laughs best.

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2024, 10:29:40 AM »

Prayers. 

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
Hey Bernie I've got many friends and family members that are atheist just like you.. so I suppose I should tell them that it's a shame that they are going to burn in hell one day for their lack of faith... but I don't do that. To each his own,live and let live.. but I guess it makes you feel like a BIG person by belittling someone else's beliefs. Yeah how dare someone offer me something that brings comfort during a trying time. To quote Dan Aykroyd from one of my favorite movies spies like us.. "We mock what we don't understand." So in other words piss off!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Thank You Calhoun, Trying to post winners
    September 29, 2024, 12:41:02 PM
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal