Author Topic: Legendary Hanover headlines Sun Stakes Saturday at Pocono  (Read 3733 times)

rainman2

• Elite
Re: Legendary Hanover headlines Sun Stakes Saturday at Pocono
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2024, 09:50:54 PM »
WHERE IS GEORGE NAP  ON POCONOS BIGGEST DAY?

1 drive

5    Ruthless Hanover   L    5     2     0     1     1:47.1F     $92749     Geo. Napolitano Jr    Thomas Cancelliere   9-2   

FYI, the Pocono "regulars" didn't get many drives either!!

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2024, 09:55:58 PM »
makes sense especially with nijinsky eligible to ontario sires
however if their is no conflict with oss you will see both in delaware
$1m usa will make that happenn
I hope you are right.. I like seeing the best go against one another. It's similar to how Confederate and I think Cannibel  were split up last year.. Confederate raced in the kyss final and Cannibel at the jug

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2024, 10:03:40 PM »
1 drive

5    Ruthless Hanover   L    5     2     0     1     1:47.1F     $92749     Geo. Napolitano Jr    Thomas Cancelliere   9-2   

FYI, the Pocono "regulars" didn't get many drives either!!
It's like that during Jug week as well. All the Scioto regulars drive on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and a few Northfield drivers.. Merriman and Ronnie Wrenn. Then on Wednesday and Thursday the big boys show up and take them to school. I saw Dexter stopped by Scioto on Saturday on his way to Lexington and won 7 out of 14 races

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2024, 10:08:18 PM »
I hope you are right.. I like seeing the best go against one another. It's similar to how Confederate and I think Cannibel  were split up last year.. Confederate raced in the kyss final and Cannibel at the jug
Diamond Creek never had any intention to put Confederate in the Jug.  The horse only raced on a 5/8s twice in his career, every other start was 7/8 or a mile track.  He was never going to see 4 turns.

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2024, 10:15:50 PM »
Diamond Creek never had any intention to put Confederate in the Jug.  The horse only raced on a 5/8s twice in his career, every other start was 7/8 or a mile track.  He was never going to see 4 turns.
I totally understand that thorn.. my original point was to brown jug that legendary and nijinsky are going to be separated whenever possible..he mentioned the purse increase. Alot of great horses skipped the jug just for the reason you mentioned. I know Sbsw skipped it which was a bummer because I really wanted to see him live. He did race on a half at Yonkers I believe. Captaintreacherou s also skipped it. Those 2 along with Confederate are the3 most recent that come to mind

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2024, 10:29:00 AM »
i like Sig Sauer in the Beal

lots of true talk about the rough trip Kismet had in Hambletonian--but Sig was blocked 3x in the pocket with no room

Beviglia should never be a morning line maker or track announcer

Jiggy Jog will not be 5/2....1/5 or lower is more accurate

Legendary will not be 2/1...1/5 or lower is more accurate

Shhhhhh.....be quiet.....if people don't say anything, maybe they will be 5/2 and 2/1.....LOL. BS morning lines with the maker thinking it will make a difference. General public and all, whatever it is, you're right. But it's still funny, LOL.

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2024, 11:03:58 AM »
Legendary Hanover is an automatic play against at very low odds. Has he ever been on a 5/8ths before?

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2024, 11:41:39 PM »
Legendary Hanover is an automatic play against at very low odds. Has he ever been on a 5/8ths before?
Nope he has 17 lifetime starts and this is his 1st with more then 2 turns. I don't know if that makes him a play against.Anyone have any thoughts?

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2024, 12:25:03 AM »
Nope he has 17 lifetime starts and this is his 1st with more then 2 turns. I don't know if that makes him a play against.Anyone have any thoughts?

Ok thanks. He doesn't seem like a horse who will be as effective on a smaller track. Taking 1/5 or lower on a horse doing something he's never done before? Not unless you really, really like a super big bomb underside, I say thats a very bad strategy in the long term. Pass the race or take a shot against

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2024, 08:39:51 AM »
Ok thanks. He doesn't seem like a horse who will be as effective on a smaller track. Taking 1/5 or lower on a horse doing something he's never done before? Not unless you really, really like a super big bomb underside, I say thats a very bad strategy in the long term. Pass the race or take a shot against
I agree with passing on the race

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2024, 09:01:13 AM »
You could try to bet against by betting the horse losing 50 or whatever pounds and has an explosive 24 final quarter, or use Legendary in the Pick 4 and throw in Scotty Z for a price.

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2024, 09:09:08 AM »
Legendary, Quarters, and Mirage have never raced on a five-eighths or smaller.

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2024, 10:00:53 AM »
Yes they put $1M last year. They garnered 'ABSOLUTELY' nothing from it . Not more or better entrants,
not bigger crowd. Good $$ after bad, padding the pockets of the same top stables who would have entered anyhow.

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2024, 10:05:11 AM »
Yes they put $1M last year. They garnered 'ABSOLUTELY' nothing from it . Not more or better entrants,
not bigger crowd. Good $$ after bad, padding the pockets of the same top stables who would have entered anyhow.
Well said bitter.. the only thing I would disagree with is there were a couple more entries then the last few years. I think one day in my lifetime they will run the eliminations at Scioto Downs a week and a half before jug day and just have the final in Delaware. Nobody wants to go 2 heats anymore.. but that is a separate discussion

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2024, 10:51:58 AM »
beg to differ fellas
the brown jug did get extra for the money
they got 18 horses and had 3 high quality eliminations and a fantastic final
also based on he purse 2 horse paid $45 k to supplement
they should have another quality field this year and hopefully around 24 entries

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Thank You Calhoun, Trying to post winners
    September 29, 2024, 12:41:02 PM
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal