Author Topic: Where is Yannick today with real drivers?  (Read 2683 times)

Miguel_Sanchez

• Stakes Horse
Where is Yannick today with real drivers?
« on: August 17, 2024, 05:48:03 PM »
Keep talking about how great he is when is wins 10 9k races with a bunch of amateurs with every horse 2/5.  Today he is in with real drivers and he is getting is ass handed to him!

Frankie T

• 4 claimer
Re: Where is Yannick today with real drivers?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2024, 05:54:11 PM »
Keep talking about how great he is when is wins 10 9k races with a bunch of amateurs with every horse 2/5.  Today he is in with real drivers and he is getting is ass handed to him!

He wins the most money with less starts than most of the other drivers. To do that he has to be winning more big purse races. That's the numbers.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2024, 11:27:50 PM »
He wins the most money with less starts than most of the other drivers. To do that he has to be winning more big purse races. That's the numbers.

Don't confuse people's hatred and lunacy with facts. They won't know what to do. LOL.

While I am not a fan, you can't argue that he produces. He gets results----and yes, he has more money won with less drives for the most part, so the truth is in the numbers.

Miguel_Sanchez

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2024, 02:36:32 AM »
Dexter's avg per start demolishes Yannick

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2024, 08:13:03 AM »
YG is going to finish in the top 5, maybe 3, for money won, maybe avg. money won per start, etc. Maybe 1, or 2, maybe 4 or 5. Doesn't matter. DD IMO is a much better-----more versatile, complete, skilled, talented, well-rounded, etc., driver than YG. DD is far more strategic, he's a thinking man's driver, he's got more tools at his disposal. Forget about stats, if you look at the categories you'd rate a driver in, I think DD has better at almost every single one of them.

I've long said, although I am not a fan, YG absolutely produces results. He can make speed, great front end driver, can really get a horse on the bit, etc. That comes in handy sometimes, LOL. Maybe a lot of the time, LOL.

IMO, rather than a specific driving style-----which YG has-----I feel DD is different. IMO he's very similar to John Campbell in one respect-----he's very good at reading a program, assessing the horse, reacting as the gate opens, and simply put-----playing the cards he's dealt, both race and horse. Like Billy O'Donnell one said----you can't do anything about the cards you're dealt......but you can sure as hell play them anyway you want. DD plays the cards very well according to the horse and how the race develops IMO.

MOHAWK FREAK

• Top Claimer
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2024, 02:39:18 PM »
YG is going to finish in the top 5, maybe 3, for money won, maybe avg. money won per start, etc. Maybe 1, or 2, maybe 4 or 5. Doesn't matter. DD IMO is a much better-----more versatile, complete, skilled, talented, well-rounded, etc., driver than YG. DD is far more strategic, he's a thinking man's driver, he's got more tools at his disposal. Forget about stats, if you look at the categories you'd rate a driver in, I think DD has better at almost every single one of them.

I've long said, although I am not a fan, YG absolutely produces results. He can make speed, great front end driver, can really get a horse on the bit, etc. That comes in handy sometimes, LOL. Maybe a lot of the time, LOL.

IMO, rather than a specific driving style-----which YG has-----I feel DD is different. IMO he's very similar to John Campbell in one respect-----he's very good at reading a program, assessing the horse, reacting as the gate opens, and simply put-----playing the cards he's dealt, both race and horse. Like Billy O'Donnell one said----you can't do anything about the cards you're dealt......but you can sure as hell play them anyway you want. DD plays the cards very well according to the horse and how the race develops IMO.

I saw an interview with Campbell and they asked him how he determines his race strategy. He said. “ I look at the odds board and drive them the odds they are “.  WOW. I lost a lost of respect for him with that answer.

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2024, 03:29:27 PM »

If you look a the neadowlands, YG is substantially better results than Dunn in 2024:

Money won
Average money per start
Win percentage
Roi
Udrs

Have you ever considered that your subjective analysis of the 2 is not accurate?

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2024, 05:02:43 PM »
i didnt see him at pocono yesterday

Miguel_Sanchez

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2024, 05:22:41 PM »
If you look a the neadowlands, YG is substantially better results than Dunn in 2024:

Money won
Average money per start
Win percentage
Roi
Udrs

Have you ever considered that your subjective analysis of the 2 is not accurate?

What data are you looking at? DD is tons better than YG statisically

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2024, 05:43:29 PM »
What data are you looking at? DD is tons better than YG statisically

Statsmaster at the meadowlands via trackmaster. 2024. You are very wrong according to the stats

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2024, 06:58:43 PM »
Yannick for the year..1329: 275-237-175  8 million in earnings. 350
Dexter for the year..980: 180-125- 126  5.7 million in earnings  .322
They are both great drivers.. if you have a horse that likes to leave Yannick would be better.. If you have a horse that typically starts mid pack and let's the race develop Dexter is better Just my 2 cents

seen2much

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2024, 06:14:50 AM »
Gringras drives for Burke, Takter, & Engblom. That equal money earned & many wins. He gets those drives because he's a top driver. I think he is harder on a horse & other top drivers aren't. Harness racing is a game of speed & Yannick can make it.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2024, 07:59:35 AM »
If you want one pointed and sent go to Yannick.
If you want one driven DD is the man.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2024, 08:13:26 AM »

Money won
Average money per start
Win percentage
Roi
Udrs

I wouldn't be surprised if YG's stats were better. Subjectively, YG may have "better" stats, and to me like I said, it doesn't matter. For me it's 100% objective. I simply think DD is a "better"-----more versatile, well rounded, smarter, etc.-----driver (for the reasons I gave).

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2024, 11:14:34 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if YG's stats were better. Subjectively, YG may have "better" stats, and to me like I said, it doesn't matter. For me it's 100% objective. I simply think DD is a "better"-----more versatile, well rounded, smarter, etc.-----driver (for the reasons I gave).

I understand that it doesn't matter to you but to be clear, yg's stats are not subjectively better. They are better, objectively.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
  • Passion: Frederick bourgault
    September 25, 2024, 04:03:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal