Author Topic: Bulldog's kids up for sale at Lexington and Harrisburg soon: waste of dough?  (Read 2168 times)

wizardofoz

• Stakes Horse
1ZM48   BARRACUDA HANOVER   Y   H   P   BULLDOG HANOVER   BETTOR'S CHANCE   HANO
1ZM68   FRENCH BULLDOG   Y   H   P   BULLDOG HANOVER   I NEED HOTSTUFF   TWIA
1ZM83   BULLBYTHEHORNS   Y   M   P   BULLDOG HANOVER   PANTECOSTAL   CONC
1ZM84   TAKES NO BULL   Y   M   P   BULLDOG HANOVER   PINKY TUSCADERO   CONC
2ZM03   BULLONTHEBEACH   Y   M   P   BULLDOG HANOVER   TERRACE BEACH   CONC
1ZM41   SARATOGA   Y   M   P   BULLDOG HANOVER   ARTILLA HANOVER   PREF
1ZM65   REDLAND ROCKET MAN   Y   H   P   BULLDOG HANOVER   GRANNY HANOVER   PREF
1ZM38   REDLAND SAPHIRE   Y   M   P   BULLDOG HANOVER   ALEXANDER VALLEY   PREF
1ZM51   BRINDLE   Y   H   P   BULLDOG HANOVER   CABRINI HANOVER   PREF
1ZM77   CADY HILL   Y   H   P   BULLDOG HANOVER   MISS MARY LOU   PREF
1ZM37   ARTILLERY SEELSTER   Y   H   P   BULLDOG HANOVER   ABSOLUTE HEAVEN   PREF
1ZM72   KALYPSO SEELSTER   Y   M   P   BULLDOG HANOVER   KITN KITN   PREF
2ZM07   THALIA SEELSTER   Y   M   P   BULLDOG HANOVER   TITANIA SEELSTER   PREF
1ZM70   BULLDOG JOURNEY   Y   M   P   BULLDOG HANOVER   JAKARDEZ   PREF   
« Last Edit: August 18, 2024, 08:15:48 PM by wizardofoz »

wizardofoz

• Stakes Horse
Re: Bulldog's kids up for sale at Harrisburg soon: waste of dough?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2024, 08:13:44 PM »
Bulldog's kids at Lexington this year:     DAY   HIP#                                                                                                                 
4   703   BULL BEACH   B   C   P   ON   Bulldog Hanover   Beach Goddess   SPHF   MILLARDW             
2   216   TICKET STATION   B   C   P   ON   Bulldog Hanover   Temagami Seelster   SPRI                 
3   516   THE DOG WARDEN   B   C   P   ON   Bulldog Hanover   Delightful Space   HICZ   SPURWB              
3   539   IM A BULLDOG   B   C   P   ON   Bulldog Hanover   Century Gianna   ANVZ   ROSENEE              
2   320   FLY BULLDOG FLY   B   C   P   ON   Bulldog Hanover   Filou Fly Fast   PREF   KAPLSD              
2   272   BIKINI SEELSTER   B   F   P   ON   Bulldog Hanover   Big Thong   PREF   SEELST              
2   299   DAX SEELSTER   BR   C   P   ON   Bulldog Hanover   Deb   PREF   SEELST              
1   32   SCORPION SEELSTER   B   C   P   ON   Bulldog Hanover   Soiree Seelster   PREF   SEELST              
4   642   RUN TO THE HILLS   B   C   P   ON   Bulldog Hanover   Somemoneysomewher e   PREF   TINEJ              

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
I like this one.  Haven't looked at him but the name and the already great producing mare (half brother to Stockade Seelster) shout class to me.  Will go for a lot if properly conformed.

1   32   SCORPION SEELSTER   B   C   P   ON   Bulldog Hanover   Soiree Seelster   PREF   SEELST   

seen2much

• Stakes Horse
Does standing stud in Canada hurt?

Parked

• Elite
Surprised there are just 23 for those 2 auctions . Seems he should have had a full book.  Several reasons. Couldn’t settle mares. They look really bad or look so good they are being retained. Stud fee too high ? Time will tell.  Only one opening night at Lex. 
Looks like just one from Hanover is also strange. 

Osufalcon

• NW-1
Because Bulldog Hanover was racing at 4 he only took a partial book.  If memory serve me correctly 60-65 mares

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
I'll look at them, but I am not a buyer or a fan of him as a stallion. He had a great campaign as a 4yo, and perhaps an even greater three weeks, LOL. But that doesn't mean he's going to be a great stallion.

Ironically, Seelster Farms got involved and decided to stand him at the end of his 3yo season, and he was going to breed and race as a 4yo. While he was a very nice 2yo and 3yo too, even during his 4yo campaign, I don't think there were any industry experts who expected him to be a great stallion. But he did have very, very good 2yo and 3yo seasons-----I think he took a 2yo mark of 50 and 2, won 4 of 6 starts, the OSS Super Final, and earned about $250k. As a 3yo, he won the SBSW in 48 and a piece, his elim for the NA Cup, fourth in the final, second in the OSS Super Final, and when he was sent to the US he won something like 4 or 5 in a row in Indiana including the Monument Pace or whatever it's called. His 3yo year he was like 10 for 15 or something and won close to $700k. We all know what he did at 4, but I don't think he was going to be the most expected stud to come along years.

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
all Bulldog's offspring will be massively overpriced due to his fast 45.4 mile

not saying you cant make money on them or that they cannot be champions

but the price is enormously marked up due to the meaningless speed mark

the same can be said for Always B Miki about 7 years ago

Osufalcon

• NW-1
Bulldog Hanover has enough pedigree to be an outstanding stallion.  He’s second crop is a big crop that had many outstanding mares.  It will be interesting to see what some of these yearlings bring.

jupiter

• Elite
They will be high, just like any other first yr stallion with his kind of record. If you think the breeders aren't going to protect them just wait till you see the final figures. People are always bitching about the crap shoot with first year stallions but it happens every year.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
Bulldog Hanover has enough pedigree to be an outstanding stallion.  He’s second crop is a big crop that had many outstanding mares.  It will be interesting to see what some of these yearlings bring.

I think they will sell well due being Ontario eligible, and with Diamond Creek involved you will get some strong support there. His first crop was around 80 mares or so, and I think he hit with 90% plus in-foal rate.

He only sold for $28k as a yearling but he has a very solid pedigree.....by Shadow Play, out of the Artsplace mare, B.J.’s Squall, second dam, Lady Ashlee Ann, who is by Camtastic......BJ’s Squall is a strong producer, and Lady Ashlee Ann is in the HOF, and produced Betterthancheddar, Courtly Choice, Ashlee’s Big Guy, and Artists View. He is a total outcross which I think will make him popular with some breeders. So, you might end up seeing a lot of 3 by 3 crosses, which is inbreeding. Strong black type in the family, good foundation.

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
With over a dozen crops Bulldog's sire Shadow Play has yet to sire a commercial stallion. With over a dozen foals Bulldog's dam B.J.'s Squall, has one other successful racehorse besides Bulldog -- the other 12 have a combined bankroll under 300K with none of them beating 1:50. That's why he was 28K yearling. His 2nd dam is the great Lady Ashlee Ann dam of the mediocre sires Betterthancheddar and Courtly Choice but they are by Bettor's Delight and Art Major, not Shadow Play. We all know Bulldog was an outstanding four year old, but his two and three year old campaigns were less than stellar for a top commercial stallion. Like Shadow Play, another son of The Panderosa, Ponder, was unable to sire a successful son to carry on the line. I'm rooting for Bulldog in hopes the Western Hanover/The Panderosa line survives, but buyer beware.

rainman2

• Elite
Will be breeders be 'artificially' bumping up their prices by bidding on them?

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse

Why should Bulldog be any different? LOL.

Parked

• Elite

You know very well they will be pushing like they always do. 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Thank You Calhoun, Trying to post winners
    September 29, 2024, 12:41:02 PM
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal