Author Topic: Karl Racing Sunday  (Read 2244 times)

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
Karl Racing Sunday
« on: August 21, 2024, 11:55:54 PM »
Karl back in on Sunday the 25th in race 6 at Lexington.

hammer0419

• Stakes Horse
Re: Karl Racing Sunday
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2024, 03:14:47 AM »
What happened to Burke's horse from the Hambo,and Carter's Papi Robb filly?

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2024, 06:28:45 AM »
TCI made a break at the start last time out and Papi Grad still undefeated and racing PASS at The Meadows on Friday.  She’s in with a nice Burke 2yo.  She could be tested!   tmbz1

Frankie T

• 4 claimer
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2024, 07:47:36 AM »
Karl is following a similar course as Confederate did last year - race in a few top races then hide in the KYSS program.

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2024, 01:59:42 PM »
TCI made a break at the start last time out and Papi Grad still undefeated and racing PASS at The Meadows on Friday.  She’s in with a nice Burke 2yo.  She could be tested!   tmbz1
Rose (Burke 2yo) won 50.3 in hand last start (Red Mile) -- 25.4 last quarter.

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2024, 02:29:06 PM »
The best 3 yr old pacer is in action on Sunday too.  Legendary Hanover goes to another 5/8 for the EBC at Tioga.  These should be a lot easier to handle for him.

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2024, 07:46:55 PM »
 tmbz1
The best 3 yr old pacer is in action on Sunday too.  Legendary Hanover goes to another 5/8 for the EBC at Tioga.  These should be a lot easier to handle for him.
He should win for fun as long as he came out of last week's race ok tmbz1

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2024, 07:50:59 PM »
Karl is following a similar course as Confederate did last year - race in a few top races then hide in the KYSS program.
I can't believe Mike didn't rip you a new one for speaking badly about Karl LOL. For what it's worth I don't blame them for racing him there. Easy money and easy wins. Then they will bank 200 grand in the kyss final

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2024, 07:59:54 PM »
karl is "hiding in kentucky"
where would you like him to race or better yet if you owned him where would you race him

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2024, 08:02:05 PM »
 tmbz1 tmbz1
where would you like him to race or better yet if you owned him where would you race him
tmbz1

Frankie T

• 4 claimer
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2024, 11:05:06 PM »
I can't believe Mike didn't rip you a new one for speaking badly about Karl LOL. For what it's worth I don't blame them for racing him there. Easy money and easy wins. Then they will bank 200 grand in the kyss final

The issue is it is helping destroy the sport. It does not help create interest when the best horse is not racing against the other top horses.

Frankie T

• 4 claimer
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2024, 11:08:09 PM »

I am thinking about what is best for the sport. In case you have not noticed, the sport is in serious decline. You cannot build interest in the sport when the best are not racing against the best week in and week out. Most of the states are not going to subsidize racing forever.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2024, 11:41:22 PM »
I am thinking about what is best for the sport. In case you have not noticed, the sport is in serious decline. You cannot build interest in the sport when the best are not racing against the best week in and week out. Most of the states are not going to subsidize racing forever.

We all want the sport to be better!  However, when you are racing horses at this level, you manage your own horse first.  I would assume that Karl needs points for the 200k final.  If this is true, then this is managing your horse.  Same for Nijinsky on the pacing side, racing in the Ontario Sires Stakes for 140k (approximately 100k USD).  Eventually, the best will meet whether there are common major races up to the breeders crown inclusive.

Subsidized racing is irrelevant at this high level.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2024, 11:46:23 PM »
Karl is being managed for the highest ROI possible. I don't believe that type of management is ruining the sport. It doesn't seem to be affecting the T-Breds. Their best come from the East, the South and the West and they usually only meet each other when it is Triple Crown or Breeders Cup time. Karl has danced in all the major races so far. If I owned him, I would manage him exactly the same way. At this point, who is his competition? TCI isn't right. Highland Kismet is in Canada. Maybe Sig Sauer. Actually, on Sunday, the horse on the rail may be tough. His trainer wins just about every race he enters these days.

Frankie T

• 4 claimer
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2024, 06:36:14 AM »
We all want the sport to be better!  However, when you are racing horses at this level, you manage your own horse first.  I would assume that Karl needs points for the 200k final.  If this is true, then this is managing your horse.  Same for Nijinsky on the pacing side, racing in the Ontario Sires Stakes for 140k (approximately 100k USD).  Eventually, the best will meet whether there are common major races up to the breeders crown inclusive.

Subsidized racing is irrelevant at this high level.

Eventually there will not be any races to race in. There are no customers and, eventually, the general public is going to demand the handout funds be used for a purpose they care about instead of increasing their taxes.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
  • Passion: Frederick bourgault
    September 25, 2024, 04:03:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal