Author Topic: Papi Grad  (Read 3461 times)

JT

• Open / FFA
Re: Papi Grad
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2024, 11:51:13 AM »
she's a 2 yo

goal isn't to win every race, it's to win the biggest races
That's what I said earlier in the thread. Why gut her now when there are bigger races next month or two. I agree with shotgunner that Carter wanted her to race from the back just to see how she was coming off a helmet. As far as a driver change goes I doubt that will happen. Brett Miller still drives Charlie May in his bigger races. He is not as good as he once was. 3rd in the driver standings at Scioto behind Page and Noble.

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2024, 01:23:32 PM »

Maybe most should "slow their role" on 2yos

we see this often-some 2yos are just more precocious than others the first few months , then the others seem to catch up

we shouldnt use the clock as a measuring stick-clock staring is a major problem with the entire industry-especially final quarters

if they blast her-many say "they will burn her out--maybe they should race her off the pace"

if they race her off the pace--many say "why would you do that-you gave her too much work to do"

just let them race and dont make judgements in August-especially fillies

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2024, 02:16:16 PM »
Couldn’t disagree more, that was a soft field he gapped her out 2-3 lengths instead of setting her on the helmet in front of her. Brett made her go a much more crueling mile that way instead of leaving and getting the lead or YG removing and putting her in the 2 hole

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2024, 02:47:28 PM »
Couldn’t disagree more, that was a soft field he gapped her out 2-3 lengths instead of setting her on the helmet in front of her. Brett made her go a much more crueling mile that way instead of leaving and getting the lead or YG removing and putting her in the 2 hole

what are you disagreeing with?

thanks

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2024, 03:01:12 PM »
That because she 2 they should have raced her the way they did. Time has nothing to do with it. They stretched her out way more the way they raced her. It’s not second guess. In that field with what she has shown they should have pushed off the car. Flat ducking her putting bad horses in between her and the only horse that could beat her, plus gapping was a gross mistake. I guarantee Brett Pelling would have not had that plan.That was a soft field and they made her work twice as hard and got her beat.

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2024, 03:23:43 PM »
That because she 2 they should have raced her the way they did. Time has nothing to do with it. They stretched her out way more the way they raced her. It’s not second guess. In that field with what she has shown they should have pushed off the car. Flat ducking her putting bad horses in between her and the only horse that could beat her, plus gapping was a gross mistake. I guarantee Brett Pelling would have not had that plan.That was a soft field and they made her work twice as hard and got her beat.

other than making a win bet on her, not saying you did-i am still unsure what you are upset about

they raced her from behind and another filly beat her

as someone posted here earlier-much bigger fish to fry later on

only someone who made a dumb win bet on her would be this shocked

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2024, 05:43:13 PM »
That's what I said earlier in the thread. Why gut her now when there are bigger races next month or two. I agree with shotgunner that Carter wanted her to race from the back just to see how she was coming off a helmet. As far as a driver change goes I doubt that will happen. Brett Miller still drives Charlie May in his bigger races. He is not as good as he once was. 3rd in the driver standings at Scioto behind Page and Noble.

Leaving the gate against 5 completely overmatched fillies is going to "gut" this horse? What does that even mean? Irreversible short and long term damage? Very doubtful. There is no way that race would have set up with some crazy speed duel. I believe the issue is that the horse most likely has a final spot locked up and wasn't trained at all coming into that race.

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2024, 06:07:00 PM »
Leaving the gate against 5 completely overmatched fillies is going to "gut" this horse? What does that even mean? Irreversible short and long term damage? Very doubtful. There is no way that race would have set up with some crazy speed duel. I believe the issue is that the horse most likely has a final spot locked up and wasn't trained at all coming into that race.
What it means is most horses only have a handful of starts at 100 percent peak speed throughout the year.. especially 2 year Olds.  And I disagree... with Yannick and a Burke horse there could have been a speed duel for sure. She still paced a 151 mile. By "gutting her" that means going all out in probably 150 or less just to win a leg of a sire stakes. I do agree she has a spot in the finals locked up so why use up her best miles of the year now. I also think like every year there are later bloomers that are catching up to her.

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2024, 06:28:05 PM »
What it means is most horses only have a handful of starts at 100 percent peak speed throughout the year.. especially 2 year Olds.  And I disagree... with Yannick and a Burke horse there could have been a speed duel for sure. She still paced a 151 mile. By "gutting her" that means going all out in probably 150 or less just to win a leg of a sire stakes. I do agree she has a spot in the finals locked up so why use up her best miles of the year now. I also think like every year there are later bloomers that are catching up to her.

There was zero chance Gingras engages. Not even 1%. The gingras reputation as such is unwarranted.
A 2nd place finish for YG guaranteed a final spot.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Thank You Calhoun, Trying to post winners
    September 29, 2024, 12:41:02 PM
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal