Author Topic: Drivers contact Settlemoir if you want to be on list  (Read 2965 times)

JT

• Open / FFA
Re: Drivers contact Settlemoir if you want to be on list
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2024, 09:16:46 PM »
Hot Lead--gave George Brennan his first major stakes win and paid $5.60 to win

he raced in one or two of the winter series the M1 had--then won the M1 Pace-defeating Stout(Gelrod)

Hot Lead was trained by Brian Magie
Great memory if you remember the win payout LOL!! I remember Stout very well. You talk about a loaded field in  the cane pace in Bitter Truth's post. Holy shit that was a great year for 3 year olds.. Totally loaded.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 09:25:31 PM by JT »

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2024, 09:36:54 PM »
Great memory if you remember the win payout LOL!! I remember Stout very well. You talk about a loaded field in  the cane pace in Bitter Truth's post. Holy shit that was a great year for 3 year olds.. Totally loaded.

It was a great year

in the M1 Pace that year--Life Sign was "zooming by" Presidential Ball(as John Bothe would often say)--but Campbell tapped Life Sign with a right hander--forcing him to veer in and lock wheels with Presidential Ball-costing him the win

on Hambletonian Day that same year they had a "meet and greet" with the drivers signing autographs--i asked Campbell if he was going by--he told me he would have won fairly easily- i also asked Moiseyev and he said no doubt he would have lost

https://youtu.be/anq8PvIeXpY?si=bvo_SSefDoEgKYQQ
« Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 09:48:02 PM by Papillon »

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2024, 10:23:57 PM »
It was a great year

in the M1 Pace that year--Life Sign was "zooming by" Presidential Ball(as John Bothe would often say)--but Campbell tapped Life Sign with a right hander--forcing him to veer in and lock wheels with Presidential Ball-costing him the win

on Hambletonian Day that same year they had a "meet and greet" with the drivers signing autographs--i asked Campbell if he was going by--he told me he would have won fairly easily- i also asked Moiseyev and he said no doubt he would have lost

https://youtu.be/anq8PvIeXpY?si=bvo_SSefDoEgKYQQ
Thanks for posting the video.. I had forgotten about that. Life Sign would have gone by without a doubt. Man Riyadh could leave the gate so well. In today's racing manzi would not have hung out nuclear design he would have let him go and then retook the lead.. totally different era.

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2024, 10:32:13 PM »
He might have let The Ball or Life Sign go but even today no thx to Nuclear Design ngc3

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2024, 10:48:34 PM »
He might have let The Ball or Life Sign go but even today no thx to Nuclear Design ngc3
You are probably right.. I don't know what Fahy was thinking there lol. Fahy was a decent driver but not in same league as Johnny C Jackie MO or the cat man or LaChance.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 10:50:58 PM by JT »

Any1Left

• Top Claimer
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2024, 07:56:40 AM »
Mike tell me how is it possible that opening day at the BIG M when JOE DEfRANK came into the driver room and let them know to put on a great show that these simple words would not always be in play,,,,,,,,,, STEPHEN CURRY magic show during this years olympic games was all about the magic and magical moments live on forever and i remember day 1 at the BIG M seeing many lead changes every race and saying to myself that i could watch this with no bets involved and never knew that JOE DE FRANK was the reason for this great show and single file racing was dead and never coming back,,,,,,,,, 40-1 shots not driving for fifth was going to be the new norm and 15 to 1 shots sitting 3rd and removing off a slow pace with action from start to finish,,,,,,,,,,, Why did this end was it the loss of Joe D OR the buddy system that was getting to strong or the new surface that made for no movement but this game is crap today and no one talks about it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  How did it ever get to stage of drivers not putting up claims of foul and this be acceptable and no racing secretary or judge having the balls to know this was wrong and how could this not look like cheating plus how is it possible that tracks are so greedy that betting is not shut off before the gate moves as a breaking chalk produces payoffs that make the game look like the game is rigged and that Rodney Dangerfield scene was very close to reality,,,,,,,

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2024, 09:23:34 AM »
Do the amateurs have to apply? The say the fans love these races. The first turn is Like demolition derby and they never give out seats.  Pure excitement. Everyone goes all out. No easy "educational trips for the horse" Maybe the others have to follow these rules. 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Thank You Calhoun, Trying to post winners
    September 29, 2024, 12:41:02 PM
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal