Author Topic: HISA steps in at Parx...turf course shut down...  (Read 1390 times)

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2024, 12:11:37 PM by Grandstand Handicapper »

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
Re: HISA steps in at Parx...turf course shut down...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2024, 12:09:57 PM »
Parx takes pride in the condition of their turf course? Really?

https://paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/parx-we-take-pride-in-the-condition-of-our-courses

Check out that video in the first link.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2024, 12:11:55 PM by Grandstand Handicapper »

JT

• Top Claimer
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2024, 12:25:09 PM »
Parx takes pride in the condition of their turf course? Really?

https://paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/parx-we-take-pride-in-the-condition-of-our-courses

Check out that video in the first link.
It looks like a bunch of weeds in the middle of a mine field. Disgusting and Disgraceful

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2024, 01:05:45 PM »
when it first opened in the mid 70s called Keystone--it was strictly a winter time track and it had no turf course

at some point after Garden State burned down( April1977)-they added a makeshift turf course carving out some ground from what was formerly the infield

Parx has their biggest card of the year coming up in less than 3 weeks-this will shake them up(management)

they have a graded stake called "The Turf Monster" scheduled along with a few other minor stakes

this is a positive move by HISA
« Last Edit: August 31, 2024, 01:24:10 PM by Papillon »

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2024, 05:04:43 PM »
when it first opened in the mid 70s called Keystone--it was strictly a winter time track and it had no turf course

at some point after Garden State burned down( April1977)-they added a makeshift turf course carving out some ground from what was formerly the infield

Parx has their biggest card of the year coming up in less than 3 weeks-this will shake them up(management)

they have a graded stake called "The Turf Monster" scheduled along with a few other minor stakes

this is a positive move by HISA

Absolutely! Just imagine the USTA --- whose job is "A" but they claim they are responsible for "B, C, and D" as well --- intervening like this. When was the last time the USTA intervened in anything? They should go back to doing what they are authorized and entrusted to do. Period. They are inept and powerless to do anything outside their true, original mission and authority. HISA is far from perfect, and will never be. Nobody will be. However, they've come a long way and have done far more than any party, body, or entity that is part of the status quo regime.

Any1Left

• Top Claimer
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2024, 07:19:55 PM »
How the hell do you expect the USTA TO GET IT RIGHT,,,,,,,,,,,, A BUNCH of big breeding farm people that need fast times for their sires and broodmares,,,,, These people never gambled so how can they make the right decisions  for the game,,,,,,,,, Have you ever talked to them,,,,,,,,,,,,,Gural told me a few years ago that VERNON horseman voted him down on everything including lowering rake ,,,,,,,,,Now how stupid is that,,,,,,,,, I keep reading about cheating horse people and that is insane topics as you can see in many countries that drug dealers can only survive with crooked police and government people and even in baseball the cheats might have gone forever if it was not for balco,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Suites can not own horses or own breeding farms also HISA IS DOING NOTHING FOR THE SPORT,,,,,, ZERO,,,,,TO CLEAN IT UP YOU NEED TO CLEAN THE WHOLE GAME UP AND THAT INCLUDES THE PEOPLE HISA DEAL WITH AND MEDIA LIKE THE PAULIC REPORT WHO IS SPONSORED BY CHEATS NEED TO BE INDEPENDENT OF THAT,,,,,,,,,,,,wEG AND OTHER PEOPLE THAT HURT THE INDUSTRY SPONSOR HIM,,,,,,The people that run hisa dont bet so punters can never get a fair deal,,,,,,,,,,,,, In any business you have to spend money and be willing to loose money to aquire new customers and from what i have seen CAL X HARNESS with their  crap 3000 claimers does by far the most right with a bold 25000 pick 4 guarantee and specials on beer and hot dogs plus their pre game show is a complete 10,,,,,,,,,,,,Other racetracks need to hire Cal ex people to save the game,,,,,,,,,

Dingus

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2024, 08:23:37 PM »
It looks like a bunch of weeds in the middle of a mine field. Disgusting and Disgraceful

Agreed.  I didn’t see much grass.  Just weeds and holes.

Arnold Ziffel

• Top Claimer
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2024, 11:26:24 AM »
Good!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • dougie: Old and tired, i still feel bad about Freehold closing.
    Today at 12:47:09 PM
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal