Author Topic: My favorite 2 weeks every year  (Read 1729 times)

JT

• Top Claimer
My favorite 2 weeks every year
« on: September 05, 2024, 08:54:00 PM »
Tomorrow my wife and I leave from Delaware,Ohio and drive to Cape Hatteras N.C. to spend a week on the beach..untying the brain knot so to speak..The following week I take the week off work for the LBJ. I get a vacation from my vacation...in other words watch the best horses in the world and eat fair food for a week. This year will be bittersweet at the jug.. as I said on my first post on here a month or two ago, my Dad is fighting cancer.. it's stage 4 and terminal. Please don't offer me any prayers because I dont want to start a religious conversation and draw the ire of some folks on here. I'm going to try to take him one day but not jug day.. to crowded etc.. The great Niatross was my first LBJ day when I was 5 years old. He told me many stories about jug days before that.. Bret Hanover, Most Happy Fella, Nansemond upsetting Albatross. I'm going to miss him being there.. but the facility he is in is close by so I'll take him the next days program so he can bet, I'll bring him some fair food and I'll set up his tv so he can watch and he will be there with me in spirit. The weather Forcast looks great so far and I'm looking forward to watching Legendary vs. Nijinsky in person. Love ya Pop!!!!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2024, 10:53:39 PM by JT »

Mazola

• Stakes Horse
Re: My favorite 2 weeks every year
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2024, 09:43:20 PM »
Tomorrow I leave from Delaware,Ohio and drive to Cape Hatteras N.C. to spend a week on the beach..untying the brain knot so to speak..The following week I take the week off work for the LBJ. I get a vacation from my vacation...in other words watch the best horses in the world and eat fair food for a week. This year will be bittersweet at the jug.. as I said on my first post on here a month or two ago, my Dad is fighting cancer.. it's stage 4 and terminal. Please don't offer me any prayers because I dont want to start a religious conversation and draw the ire of some folks on here. I'm going to try to take him one day but not jug day.. to crowded etc.. The great Niatross was my first LBJ day when I was 5 years old. He told me many stories about jug days before that.. Bret Hanover, Most Happy Fella, Nansemond upsetting Albatross. I'm going to miss him being there.. but the facility he is in is close by so I'll take him the next days program so he can bet, I'll bring him some fair food and I'll set up his tv so he can watch and he will be there with me in spirit. The weather Forcast looks great so far and I'm looking forward to watching Legendary vs. Nijinsky in person. Love ya Pop!!!!

Awesome! tmbz1

Any1Left

• Top Claimer
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2024, 11:42:35 PM »
JT i hope you and your dad HAVE A GREAT TIME AND TO ME THIS IS A STORY THAT COULD BE A MOVIE FOR YOU AND MEMORIES IS ALL WE HAVE,,,,,,,,,, Once again a post that should have traction has none as good guys like Amac are not involved but your story has a hero and that is you THE GREAT JJJJJTTTTT,,,,,,,,,

Mohawk mac

• Top Claimer
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2024, 05:00:43 AM »
Many of us "non-horsemen" became racing fans because our dads took us to the track.  Dad took me when I was younger.  I took him when he was older.  He's been gone 30 years now but I'll never forget the great times we had. 

Enjoy the beach and Jug week, JT.  Give your dad a hug for all of us and our dads.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2024, 07:06:05 AM by Mohawk mac »

Any1Left

• Top Claimer
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2024, 06:10:37 AM »
Beautiful post,,,,,,,,,,,,,Mohawk mac thats a great tribute to your dad and as LUTHER VANDROSS sang would it not be wonderful to have one last DANCE WITH YOUR FATHER AGAIN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, tHANK YOU FOR A GREAT POST,,,,,,,,,

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2024, 12:43:39 PM »
enjoy your vacation JT

and good luck on Jug week tmbz1

JT

• Top Claimer
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2024, 07:44:41 PM »
Thanks any 1, mohawk mac ,mazolla and pap.. I'll be sitting on the beach tomorrow watching all the great races at Scioto.. The Meadows and Mohawk. tmbz1

drink more beer

• Top Claimer
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2024, 09:53:34 AM »
Jug week!!!!!!
Ill be there !
 I will be set up by the 3/4 pole like always, stop by and have a beer and/ or shots. Best time of the year.

SwankToliverA

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2024, 02:55:48 PM »
Enjoy your vacation with your wife.
Enjoy your precious time, with your father at the races, during Jug Week.

JT

• Top Claimer
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2024, 03:07:04 PM »
Thanks swank.. and I'll try drink more beer.. I spend most of my time near the Grandstand

Still Like Harness

• NW-1
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2024, 04:47:42 PM »
Enjoy your Father, I'm guessing many of us would love to be able what you are doing, so enjoy your time with him. Great horses you mentioned but the BEST memory you have is "WITH YOUR FATHER". Have a wonderful time !

JT

• Top Claimer
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2024, 07:54:47 AM »
I had a great time at the beach and after driving 750 miles yesterday to get home, it's like Christmas morning because it's LBJ week. I'm glad the card at Lexington won't start until 5 or 5:30. I've mentioned in a previous post that it's a shame that KYSS finals and jug week coincide with each other. Poor planning for sure.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
  • Mazola: He said take my hand and together we will beat it. What a perv
    August 24, 2024, 07:32:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal