Author Topic: Who Won Debate? Vote Now. Special Prize!  (Read 3181 times)

halfinhalfout

• 4 claimer
Re: Who Won Debate? Vote Now. Special Prize!
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2024, 09:01:42 AM »
I do not think either candidate won.  The American people are in the untenable position of deciding whether a candidate that could not garner one electoral vote in 2019 quietly packed her bags and dropped out of the race or a man who regardless of the many positive things that occurred on his watch is a petulant child is the better choice.  Three hundred and forty million people in this country and this is the best we got?  We in a heap of trouble.

Babinga

• 4 claimer
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2024, 09:29:42 AM »
...but when he was President, my grocery bill was cheaper, my bills were cheaper, ISIS was obliterated and there were NO foreign conflicts going on. My life was better financially and  I felt much more safe under Trump than this current administration.

If everything was just that simple.  The current administration took over in the middle of the COVID pandemic that was totally botched by the previous (trump) administration.  3.5+ years later we are still dealing with the after-effects.  If you remember at the time, there were significant supply-chain issues and worker shortages.

Prices skyrocketed and once prices go up, they usually don't go down very much, if at all (Corporate Greed).  This was NOT the fault of Biden-Harris and they just can't order every company to lower prices by 10 or 15%.  They did as much as they could do to get inflation under control without causing a recession.  If anything, they should be be commended for: the best economy in the world, creating millions of jobs, the stock market being close to all-time highs, etc.

As for the war in Ukraine, Putin only attacked when he did because trump lost the election.  Should trump be rewarded because Putin wouldn't have attacked Ukraine if trump was in office?  Absolutely NOT!  One of the biggest effects of this war is the rise of oil prices and oil prices effect the cost of just about everything else due to manufacturing and transportation costs.

I could go on and on but do you think if trump were elected all of these very complex problems would be solved?  Not a chance.  In fact, more would be created, which is exactly what Putin wants.  Many of the long established American Institutions would be obliterated - DOJ, FBI, NATO, Federal Reserve, FDA, NIH and a Women's right-to-chose.  No doubt chaos would ensue and you would regret saying you feel safer under trump.  trump can deny any association with Project 2025 but it was put together by 140 of his former staffers.  If that is what you want be careful, VERY CAREFUL, for what you wish for.

Babi
« Last Edit: September 12, 2024, 09:35:54 AM by Babinga »

halfinhalfout

• 4 claimer
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2024, 10:23:13 AM »
Actually, the galloping inflation we experienced was due to the covid relief money the Dems and Biden were handing out.  When the country was awash in free money the inflation that followed was a predictable consequence.  The covid free money was handed out due to the fact that the entire world was in covid shut down...
When business's closed  the entire employment focus shifted.  Many positions have not been filled.
In Philly, buses and trains aren't running because there is no one wanting to drive them...this is a fact.
For sure by now you all have heard that the employment numbers being spouted were a gross distortion.  In fact the jobs that were being filled were government bureaucracy jobs...a typical stunt employed by the Dems every time they are in power.
Just look it up

Mr. Fix-It

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2024, 11:39:53 AM »
I do not think either candidate won.  The American people are in the untenable position of deciding whether a candidate that could not garner one electoral vote in 2019 quietly packed her bags and dropped out of the race or a man who regardless of the many positive things that occurred on his watch is a petulant child is the better choice.  Three hundred and forty million people in this country and this is the best we got?  We in a heap of trouble.
I love how you had to go totally abstract about the "performance" in the 2020 primary season for Harris.
DYK Nixon and Reagan among many others didn't win their 1st attempts at nomination. Truman didn't become VP for FDR until '45 then suddenly was POTUS.
Fact is Harris is an adult and Trump is a blithering moron, racist, rapist. He rang up $8 trillion in debt in 4 years. His moronic tariffs will cost $5 trillion more
Too bad so many hillbillies loved the reality TV show star and are ignorant of what's going on in their own country 

Dingus

• Open / FFA
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2024, 01:03:33 PM »
If everything was just that simple.  The current administration took over in the middle of the COVID pandemic that was totally botched by the previous (trump) administration.  3.5+ years later we are still dealing with the after-effects.  If you remember at the time, there were significant supply-chain issues and worker shortages.

Prices skyrocketed and once prices go up, they usually don't go down very much, if at all (Corporate Greed).  This was NOT the fault of Biden-Harris and they just can't order every company to lower prices by 10 or 15%.  They did as much as they could do to get inflation under control without causing a recession.  If anything, they should be be commended for: the best economy in the world, creating millions of jobs, the stock market being close to all-time highs, etc.

As for the war in Ukraine, Putin only attacked when he did because trump lost the election.  Should trump be rewarded because Putin wouldn't have attacked Ukraine if trump was in office?  Absolutely NOT!  One of the biggest effects of this war is the rise of oil prices and oil prices effect the cost of just about everything else due to manufacturing and transportation costs.

I could go on and on but do you think if trump were elected all of these very complex problems would be solved?  Not a chance.  In fact, more would be created, which is exactly what Putin wants.  Many of the long established American Institutions would be obliterated - DOJ, FBI, NATO, Federal Reserve, FDA, NIH and a Women's right-to-chose.  No doubt chaos would ensue and you would regret saying you feel safer under trump.  trump can deny any association with Project 2025 but it was put together by 140 of his former staffers.  If that is what you want be careful, VERY CAREFUL, for what you wish for.

Babi

Finally, a common sense post with no name calling, just facts.

Dingus

• Open / FFA
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2024, 01:04:53 PM »
I love how you had to go totally abstract about the "performance" in the 2020 primary season for Harris.
DYK Nixon and Reagan among many others didn't win their 1st attempts at nomination. Truman didn't become VP for FDR until '45 then suddenly was POTUS.
Fact is Harris is an adult and Trump is a blithering moron, racist, rapist. He rang up $8 trillion in debt in 4 years. His moronic tariffs will cost $5 trillion more
Too bad so many hillbillies loved the reality TV show star and are ignorant of what's going on in their own country

I can’t believe it.  Another common sense post giving facts.

Buckeye

• Top Claimer
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2024, 01:15:14 PM »
for decades now we were told the Democrats were big tax and spend losers. Hey, I believed it myself. Do you know who the last president to balance the budget (and actually left a,surplus!) was? Old slick Willie himself  - Clinton. I looked it up. Bush spent some; Obama cut back  at 1st then went up a little at the end of his terms. Trump exploded the debt before Covid and never stopped spending until he was thrown out of office. Year 1 Biden stopped but the last 18 months spent too much .
Sad fact is the GOP has done worse with American tax dollars. It kills me to say that but it's true over the last 40+ years 

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2024, 01:27:37 PM »
Idk about most hated but he’s definitely the dumbest in a way I feel sorry for the old guy he’s replaced Steve g as plops punching bag.
True. That said, I'm thinking of taking away 5,000 off his post count. Just for being a shit head.

JT

• Top Claimer
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2024, 02:31:10 PM »

Babi
First of all Trump didn't botch the pandemic.. he was left a bare cupboard of masks gowns etc by the previous administration. Secondly the supply chain shortage was due to lack of workers due to both parties.. why work when people were making more money on unemployment. Thirdly your candidate was the tiebreaking vote for the inflation reduction act which exploded the debt and did not bring down inflation. Furthermore THIS administration and there obsession with Russia vs Ukraine is laughable.. This isn't the 1980's Our main threat is China, but we spend billions of dollars on that war when it could be spent here to improve our country Lastly some of those long held institutions need a shake up. Why should we fund 90% of NATO.. The FBI is totally corrupt at the top, and the idea that Trump would ban a woman's right to choose is garbage. The power is back to the states where it belongs..just like our forefathers wanted..it's called the 10th amendment to our constitution Not to much power to the feds leave it to the states.. if you don't like your states policy then move to a state that you agree with.And yes I felt safer under Trump when millions of illegal immigrants weren't flowing into our country taking away valuable resources from the people that your party claims to protect.. minorities and the poor

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2024, 02:43:47 PM »
True. That said, I'm thinking of taking away 5,000 off his post count. Just for being a shit head.

Good afternoon TROLL,

Please make up some new material as it is very boring!

FYI, take a good look around horseplop---there are many other 'shit heads'!

Thanx for posting.

Lugnuts

• NW-1
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2024, 06:24:56 PM »
Trump won by a bit. 

tumbleweed

• Open / FFA
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2024, 06:46:03 PM »
First of all Trump didn't botch the pandemic.. he was left a bare cupboard of masks gowns etc by the previous administration. Secondly the supply chain shortage was due to lack of workers due to both parties.. why work when people were making more money on unemployment. Thirdly your candidate was the tiebreaking vote for the inflation reduction act which exploded the debt and did not bring down inflation. Furthermore THIS administration and there obsession with Russia vs Ukraine is laughable.. This isn't the 1980's Our main threat is China, but we spend billions of dollars on that war when it could be spent here to improve our country Lastly some of those long held institutions need a shake up. Why should we fund 90% of NATO.. The FBI is totally corrupt at the top, and the idea that Trump would ban a woman's right to choose is garbage. The power is back to the states where it belongs..just like our forefathers wanted..it's called the 10th amendment to our constitution Not to much power to the feds leave it to the states.. if you don't like your states policy then move to a state that you agree with.And yes I felt safer under Trump when millions of illegal immigrants weren't flowing into our country taking away valuable resources from the people that your party claims to protect.. minorities and the poor
tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1

oldjohn123

• Top Claimer
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2024, 10:01:44 PM »
Actually, the galloping inflation we experienced was due to the covid relief money the Dems and Biden were handing out.  When the country was awash in free money the inflation that followed was a predictable consequence.  The covid free money was handed out due to the fact that the entire world was in covid shut down...
When business's closed  the entire employment focus shifted.  Many positions have not been filled.
In Philly, buses and trains aren't running because there is no one wanting to drive them...this is a fact.
For sure by now you all have heard that the employment numbers being spouted were a gross distortion.  In fact the jobs that were being filled were government bureaucracy jobs...a typical stunt employed by the Dems every time they are in power.
Just look it up
Didn't Trump give 2 billion in covid money?

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2024, 10:09:18 PM »
E: Harris won big because Trump went crazy talking about Haitians, Cats and Dogs in Springfield, OH. Now there was a subject America gives a crap about.

Arnold Ziffel

• Top Claimer
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2024, 10:11:53 PM »
tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • dougie: Old and tired, i still feel bad about Freehold closing.
    Today at 12:47:09 PM
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal