Author Topic: UGH OH - super horse Karl beat  (Read 5514 times)

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
Re: UGH OH - super horse Karl beat
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2024, 11:32:12 AM »
People need to know if Andy doesn't make uncharacteristic break he goes right by and Karl is 3rd!  So i don't wanna hear he was 2nd and barely fot beat.  Andy was winning that race by an open length.  His season is over.  He won't get a sniff in the KY Futurity and he won't get a sniff in the BC.  Kismet will win Canada, KY Futurity, BC and HE will be 3yo Trotter of the year.
Well, I personally think Karl was courageous in defeat. I mean how does this horse trot start after start with a broken bone that you told us he had 3 months ago. ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2024, 01:33:41 PM »
i can agree with the "evolution" concept-but just because Karl can trot some 1:50 miles.....

but true all time greats such as Varenne, Mack Lobell, Ourasi, Moni Maker raced in a era that never produced those fast miles, hardly makes Karl the "best trotter ever"--in fact-nothing could be further from reality

using the clock as a metric, measuring stick is foolishness(with all due respect) to the real great ones

Karl had 4 or 5 races remaining in his career-and i doubt he wins them all as the others in his class have obviously caught up--Highland Kismet, Sig Sauer, Secret Agent Man are still improving--Karl, not so much

no need to lash out and resort to insults

we can agree to disagree

you have the rights to your opinion

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2024, 01:34:38 PM »
This is turning out to be a weak crop of 3yo's, at least heading into year-end. With the revitalization of the KYSS program and $400k up for grabs, I expected a bit of a deeper field. Heck, I am sorry I didn't have one to race in there, LOL. I didn't think the Hambo was a tight bunch. Ake had one contender in the final, Sig Sauer, while his other horse was 20-1. Tony Alagna. Marcus Melander, and Nifty showed up with 20-1 horses, Linda Toscano didn't have any of her colts show up, and that left Karl, TCI and Highland Kismet, the former two struggling to regain 2yo greatness, and the latter trying to find some maturity and racing IQ.

Karl looked like just another horse in that race. I won't sell Team Takter short on what they will do with this colt, but unless he really improves and gets much better, he may just be a struggling contender in a weak class. I wouldn't be surprised if Takter gives him a bit of a break and tries to salvage what they can for the BC. If he wins that like he won the Hambo, great payday, but it doesn't do anything for his stud career. I wonder if the breeders want him in the breeding shed next year, and Takter wants to race him.....how does that play out? Two major forces there, Crawford and Bender. Crawford you want a good relationship with because you buy from them. You want to stay on their good side. Bender however, if a major, major force for Takter. I think if Bender says jump, Takter says how hi and what song do you want to sing when I do it. LOL.

Right now, the field is wide open for a top horse to step to the front of the class. Highland Kismet could be that horse. He has the ability, the talent. Let's see if he can put it together.

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2024, 01:41:33 PM »
i believe Sig Sauer is Noel Daley not Ake

Ramone

• Top Claimer
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2024, 02:55:04 PM »
They took the trotting hopples off Highland Kismet and he's had one qualifier and two races since. He looks like a different horse He'll give you chills.

Ramone

• Top Claimer
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2024, 03:00:16 PM »
Sept 14th start for Highland Kismet. Looks a lot more formidable than the guy we saw in the Hambletonian.

https://standardbredcanada.ca/news/9-14-24/woodbine-mohawk-park-september-14-2024.html

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2024, 04:17:54 PM »
i can agree with the "evolution" concept-but just because Karl can trot some 1:50 miles.....

but true all time greats such as Varenne, Mack Lobell, Ourasi, Moni Maker raced in a era that never produced those fast miles, hardly makes Karl the "best trotter ever"--in fact-nothing could be further from reality

using the clock as a metric, measuring stick is foolishness(with all due respect) to the real great ones

Karl had 4 or 5 races remaining in his career-and i doubt he wins them all as the others in his class have obviously caught up--Highland Kismet, Sig Sauer, Secret Agent Man are still improving--Karl, not so much

no need to lash out and resort to insults

we can agree to disagree

you have the rights to your opinion
You don't understand evolution and you certainly don't understand the theory of racing. Maybe the reason that you are a gambler and not a horsemen makes it hard for you to comprehend that the fastest horse wins the race. Karl is seconds faster than those horses. I don't care how much class they have, I don't care how much better bred they are and I don't care how much sounder they are. The bottom line is Karl is faster than them and would eat them for lunch every day and twice on Sunday.

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2024, 04:40:09 PM »
Karl is faster than them and would eat them for lunch every day and twice on every other Sunday.
tmbz1

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2024, 04:40:37 PM »
i believe Sig Sauer is Noel Daley not Ake

He is. Thanks. I wrote all that out of order and left out Noel, who is one of racings good guys, LOL. I was going on memory for the 10 horse final, LOL. Ake only had one in their and he was 20-1 ML. So was Tony and Marcus' horses, and Nifty's colt was either 15 or 20-1 ML. Thanks again.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2024, 05:00:39 PM »
He is. Thanks. I wrote all that out of order and left out Noel, who is one of racings good guys, LOL. I was going on memory for the 10 horse final, LOL. Ake only had one in their and he was 20-1 ML. So was Tony and Marcus' horses, and Nifty's colt was either 15 or 20-1 ML. Thanks again.
Yeah. Noel is a real peach, you fucking jerkoff.

12/04/2018
POSSESSION OF HYPODERMIC NEEDLES, SYRINGES AND/OR INJECTABLE AND/OR OTHER DRUGS

As a result of the evidence and testimony presented in the administrative hearing conducted on Thursday, October 18, 2018, the Board of Judges has determined that Noel Daley: On May 13, 2018 did possess a shockwave therapy machine in his stabling area at Magical Acres Farm, which is an off-track stabling facility that is licensed by and under the jurisdiction of the New Jersey Racing Commission. The possession of a shockwave therapy machine by any person other than a licensed veterinarian at any racetrack, off-track stabling facility, or other location subject to the jurisdiction of the New Jersey Racing Commission is in direct violation of N.J.A.C. 13:71-23.17a. As a result, Mr. Daley is hereby issued a full suspension of his New Jersey Racing Commission license for a period of thirty (30) days and fined the sum of two thousand five hundred ($2,500.00) dollars. On May 13, 2018 Mr. Daley did possess in his stabling area at Magical Acres Farm numerous bottles of injectable therapeutic   Fined: $ 10,000
Full - 90 days

02/25.2005
Positive test- post race

Additional Details:
A search of Mr. Daley's barn and stable area conducted by NJ State Police revealed a number of drug/drug instruments which were confiscated. As a result of a settlement agreement, he is suspended 270days (to run concurrent with the 180 day TCO2 suspension) which will conclude on 7/7/06. Furthermore he is fined $20,000 and agrees to reimburse the Racing Commission an additi- onal $20,000 for associated investigative and laboratory costs. The aggreg- ate $40,000 shall be paid in accordance with the terms of the settlement.   
Fined: $ 20,000
Full suspension - 270 days:

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2024, 05:01:19 PM »
Sept 14th start for Highland Kismet. Looks a lot more formidable than the guy we saw in the Hambletonian.

https://standardbredcanada.ca/news/9-14-24/woodbine-mohawk-park-september-14-2024.html

Just an elim of course, but he did soooooo easy. Looking forward to watching him in the final. He doesn't look like he's going that fast. Only 11 starts or so, and not many of them against top horses. Still looks like he's learning, maturing, etc. He was kind of quirky early on, but he's certainly getting better. No, he's not making onto anyone's GOAT list either, LOL, but he certainly looks like he's making his way toward the leader of the pack. You don't need to look at the clock to see this colt's potential, LOL. He won like a 1-9 horse should win.....oh, sorry, he was 2-5, and he didn't get beat. I must have been confusing him with Karl, LOL.

After the CTC, I don't know what they'll do. I don't know if he's staked to the Red Mile races (the Bluegrass and the KY Futurity), and just over a month out is the BC at the Meadowlands. After that, even if he's staked for them, will they mess around with races like the Erskine, the Matron, etc. Wind him down, put him away, and bring him back next year. This horse has 4yo written all over him!

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2024, 06:04:41 PM »
All I read is Kismet..  I’m going with Akes Situationship. He drew outside in the Hambo and that cost him.  Ake will have him ready….

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2024, 06:15:59 PM »
All I read is Kismet..  I’m going with Akes Situationship. He drew outside in the Hambo and that cost him.  Ake will have him ready….

He's certainly a "Don't overlook".....Ake is a very sharp, astute, horseman. He does know how to point and peak a horse toward a race, perhaps better than anyone in the game today.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2024, 06:55:11 PM »
You don't understand evolution and you certainly don't understand the theory of racing. Maybe the reason that you are a gambler and not a horsemen makes it hard for you to comprehend that the fastest horse wins the race. Karl is seconds faster than those horses. I don't care how much class they have, I don't care how much better bred they are and I don't care how much sounder they are. The bottom line is Karl is faster than them and would eat them for lunch every day and twice on Sunday.

Politely disagree.
Speed has changed in every generation of horses the last 40+ years.
I posted earlier how much better would be today with offset racing bikes, better feed, better medical advances
Now put Karl back in time with the race bikes, medical , etc
Bottom line, Karl would not be as good and Mack Lobell would be better!

SDST2009

• Open / FFA
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2024, 08:06:51 PM »
It would be great if Karl races at 4, because he still looks growthy to me and probably would improve provided he can stay sound, but I see no way that will happen. He better finish out his year strong too because his stock is falling. He was going to be 3rd if Andy's horse doesn't go offstride and he had his own way. Kismet should beat the pants off of him. And there's a horse that will be back next year, as a gelding.

The stud fee is an interesting discussion. I am of the opinion they're going to charge $20K minimum unless the wheels fall off from this point forward. Look at Greenshoe opening at $25K..And Gimpanzee started at what, $30K? And I can't recall if he started there, but Father Patrick was also $30K at some point early on. All of these are ludicrous (in my opinion). I thought it was insane for Tactical Landing to open at $15K as well, but seems to be justifying that at this point. Tactical Approach was much more fairly priced, but even that was a bit high ($12,500). I think thats the new norm though.

Also..I understand the speed of standardbreds has changed but if you truly believe you are watching a more talented horse than, say, Nevele Pride, Mack Lobell, Moni Maker, Varenne, etc. etc. etc. you truly don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. A horse like Nevele Pride was light years ahead of everything he went against. Same with Muscle Hill, if you want a more recent example. Karl isn't light years ahead of anything in recent memory. Plenty of horses can trot in 50-51.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • dougie: Old and tired, i still feel bad about Freehold closing.
    Today at 12:47:09 PM
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal