Author Topic: UGH OH - super horse Karl beat  (Read 5522 times)

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
Re: UGH OH - super horse Karl beat
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2024, 07:40:32 PM »
Just curious what kinda of bias you give to a racebike?  Karl can't beat 50.3 in a bike that is far in a way lightyrs ahead of the wood Gerald non quick hitch that Mack toted around.
ZERO. Too many unknowns. I am rating based on fact and the only fact is the teletimer. You geniuses can base your rating on conjecture such as surface, drugs, equipment, driver, etc.

The Unstable

• Top Claimer
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2024, 08:05:11 PM »
ZERO. Too many unknowns. I am rating based on fact and the only fact is the teletimer. You geniuses can base your rating on conjecture such as surface, drugs, equipment, driver, etc.

Mike you keft out the Carbon fiber wheels which weigh so much less.  No doubt they make the times faster and have almost zero friction .  it is basic physics.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2024, 08:08:33 PM »
Mike you keft out the Carbon fiber wheels which weigh so much less.  No doubt they make the times faster and have almost zero friction .  it is basic physics.
All those things either help or hurt the only fact in horse racing..The teletimer.

JT

• Top Claimer
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2024, 08:35:04 PM »
I suppose Mike thinks Legendary Hanover is or will be remembered as the greatest pacer ever since he went in 146.2 at the Meadowlands this year. And I suppose Bulldog Hanover is the greatest of all time.. what a joke

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2024, 09:51:49 PM »
I suppose Mike thinks Legendary Hanover is or will be remembered as the greatest pacer ever since he went in 146.2 at the Meadowlands this year. And I suppose Bulldog Hanover is the greatest of all time.. what a joke

You are leaving out Always B Miki and Lather up

he can stare at the clock all he wants-means nothing

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2024, 11:06:38 PM »
The greats of years past would be going just as fast as Karl. Better bikes, faster surfaces, good supplements, & better PED's. Karl is a good horse as of now. If he loses a few more I wouldn't be surprised if he is retired. Takter will claim an injury.
Hurricane Kingcole was a very fast horse. When he got looked in the eye the class went by. It will interesting to see what happens the next time Karl is challenged.

You forgot a very important part of the equation--driver!  From what people in the business say, John Campbell could still drive with the boys of today if he had to.  JC a lot better driver than Yannick too!

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2024, 11:32:32 PM »
4-time BC winner....4 times!

Mack Lobell (1984–2016) was a brown racing trotter by Mystic Park out of Matina Hanover by Speedy Count.

He won $3,917,594 during his career and was elected Harness Horse of the Year in 1987 and 1988. Among his many stakes victories were the Yonkers Trot, the Hambletonian, the Elitloppet (twice), the Breeders Crown events for three-year-old and for four-year-old trotters, and the International Trot.[1] His best time of 1:52.1 for the mile was taken as a three-year-old in a race in Springfield, Illinois; this time set the world record for trotters. John Campbell described him as the best horse he has driven.[2]

Question of the day:  would you rather own a horse that made 3.9 million dollars 35 years ago and won the biggest races of the day or a horse that made 1.9 million and couldn't even win a 400k Kentucky Sires Stakes final (with the 'inflated' purses of the KYSS program)!

Food for thought:

If Mack Lobell raced in today's era of 'inflated' purses, how much money could he have made?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2024, 11:44:51 PM by rainman2 »

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2024, 11:45:42 PM »
JT and Papillon prove how shitty the education system is. All I said is horses of today are faster than horses of 40 years ago. You non horsemen piece of shit jerkoffs are fabricating things I never said. Go fuck yourself.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #113 on: Today at 12:01:17 AM »
JT and Papillon prove how shitty the education system is. All I said is horses of today are faster than horses of 40 years ago. You non horsemen piece of shit jerkoffs are fabricating things I never said. Go fuck yourself.

Is faster, better?

Please read this again in case you missed it moments ago!

Mack Lobell (1984–2016) was a brown racing trotter by Mystic Park out of Matina Hanover by Speedy Count.

He won $3,917,594 during his career and was elected Harness Horse of the Year in 1987 and 1988. Among his many stakes victories were the Yonkers Trot, the Hambletonian, the Elitloppet (twice), the Breeders Crown events for three-year-old and for four-year-old trotters, and the International Trot.[1] His best time of 1:52.1 for the mile was taken as a three-year-old in a race in Springfield, Illinois; this time set the world record for trotters. John Campbell described him as the best horse he has driven.[2]

Question of the day:  would you rather own a horse that made 3.9 million dollars 35 years ago and won the biggest races of the day or a horse that made 1.9 million and couldn't even win a 400k Kentucky Sires Stakes final (with the 'inflated' purses of the KYSS program)!

IMO, the purse money is more important than how fast you go when you win!

Waiting for others to chime in on this!

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #114 on: Today at 08:07:28 AM »

"better to to be silent and thought of as a fool, staring at the clock than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

you have removed all doubt

73cv.2 73cv.2 73cv.2

actually you removed all doubt a long time ago 73cv.2 73cv.2 73cv.2
« Last Edit: Today at 08:11:33 AM by Papillon »

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #115 on: Today at 08:30:04 AM »
"better to to be silent and thought of as a fool, staring at the clock than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

73cv.2 73cv.2 73cv.2

You're a fucking loser.

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #116 on: Today at 08:31:30 AM »
You're a fucking loser.

is that the best you have?  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #117 on: Today at 08:43:37 AM »
is that the best you have?  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
The problem is you don't have the intellect to understand so you resort to bashing which solidifies everyone's opinion of you.
« Last Edit: Today at 08:46:17 AM by MIKE CAMPBELL »

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #118 on: Today at 02:15:04 PM »
The problem is you don't have the intellect to understand so you resort to bashing which solidifies everyone's opinion of you.

I didn't know that polite arguments and constructive criticism is considered "BASHING"!  OOPS, look at the one who is saying this about others here!

Welcome to horseplop 2024!

Welcome to the world we live in 2024!

SAD, ISN’T IT!!!!!!
« Last Edit: Today at 02:24:00 PM by rainman2 »

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #119 on: Today at 02:16:01 PM »

73cv.2 73cv.2 73cv.2

100% CORRECT!

And people worry about me on horseplop!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • dougie: Old and tired, i still feel bad about Freehold closing.
    Today at 12:47:09 PM
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal