Author Topic: UGH OH - super horse Karl beat  (Read 6633 times)

rainman2

• Elite
Re: UGH OH - super horse Karl beat
« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2024, 04:19:39 PM »
Great ones aren't scared to race on ovals smaller than a mile

That’s right!  If Karl does racing on a smaller track, we will find out!  As of now, this probably will not happen. Will he be racing in Europe next year??  Probably not.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2024, 04:28:50 PM »
His final times so far don't put him near the conversation of fastest ever. If final times are all that matter, you must think think horse is an afterthought. I don't get that from you tho
No one took the time to read my original post. All they are doing is commenting and making fools of themselves. Briefly, I posted that due to evolution, horses in 2024 are faster than the horses from 40-50 years ago. Of course the morons here started posting names of horses that just raced or raced in the last few years. The idiots here then started disputing the theory of evolution. These are the same idiots that can't count to ten unless they are given 15 attempts.

halfinhalfout

• 4 claimer
« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2024, 05:02:34 PM »
wow...anyone that thinks time is the biggest factor never watched Cam Fella or On the Road Again or any really good horses, they went fast enough to win.
Its all about class, class will overcome speed.....Steady Star time trialed in '52 and got beat by a mid level horse in his next start.

When its time to 'hear the music' class shows.
Perhaps 'Karl' is the class of his group..but they aren't an overly impressive group.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #153 on: September 20, 2024, 05:08:13 PM »
wow...anyone that thinks time is the biggest factor never watched Cam Fella or On the Road Again or any really good horses, they went fast enough to win.
Its all about class, class will overcome speed.....Steady Star time trialed in '52 and got beat by a mid level horse in his next start.

When its time to 'hear the music' class shows.
Perhaps 'Karl' is the class of his group..but they aren't an overly impressive group.
Cam Fella was great for 1982. He never broke 1:53 in his life. He couldn't beat a 10K claimer in 2024.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #154 on: September 20, 2024, 10:56:12 PM »
They all get beat, get over it. He's still got over 750K, more races to go. He will still end up standing stud, and people will breed to him. They won't care about skipping 1/2 or 5/8 mile tracks.

Agreed!  I believe Donato Hanover did not race on any small tracks either!

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2024, 11:03:37 PM »
So Takter will make yet another stallion.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #156 on: September 20, 2024, 11:12:41 PM »
No one took the time to read my original post. All they are doing is commenting and making fools of themselves. Briefly, I posted that due to evolution, horses in 2024 are faster than the horses from 40-50 years ago. Of course the morons here started posting names of horses that just raced or raced in the last few years. The idiots here then started disputing the theory of evolution. These are the same idiots that can't count to ten unless they are given 15 attempts.

Here is a list of those that have not raced in approximately 25 years!

Mack Lobell--late 1980's---3.9 million dollars.

Peace Corps--late 1980's--4.1 million dollars earned north america---including european races 5.5 million dollars. 

Moni Maker--mid 1990's--5.5 milllion dollars.

All 3 of these horses won big races in both North America and Europe.

Varenne---late 1990's---8.75 million dollars and a race record of 1.51.1 at one mile.

Ourasi---mid 1980's---2.9 million dollars.

There are probably more horses that haven't been listed on this thread.

FYI, none of these horses have raced recently per your claim here on the thread.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #157 on: September 20, 2024, 11:16:55 PM »
Cam Fella was great for 1982. He never broke 1:53 in his life. He couldn't beat a 10K claimer in 2024.

He raced in 1982 not 2024!--raced in the mid 1980s!--made 2 million dollars and won 28 races in a row!

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #158 on: September 20, 2024, 11:47:45 PM »
He raced in 1982 not 2024!--raced in the mid 1980s!--made 2 million dollars and won 28 races in a row!

Hold on a second there.....and I might be biased as I owned a share in him.....but, let's see what's going on here. As a 3yo, he had 32 or 33 starts, won 28 and was second twice, won the Cane, threw in a bad Meadowlands Pace elimination, did not qualify for the final, and that would be the very last time in his career that he finished off the board.....in 80 starts.

He wasn't staked to the Jug, but he won Messenger, after being supplemented, tying the track record in the first heat, and then winning the second by beating Jug winner Merger in a head to head duel. He ended up winning the Queen City, the Prix d'Été, the Sophomore Pace, the Confederation Cup and the Provincial. Cam Fella came back, was off to a slow start, but raced into peak performance and he won 28 in a row. 28. Did I say that? 28. He didn't win opens and invitationals to pad his record. He won two legs of the World Cup, the Graduate, the Driscoll, the American National, the Canadian Pacing Derby, the Stewart Fraser, the Challenge Cup, the Frank Ryan, the Gold Cup, and every single leg of the US Pacing Championship. Broke and set track records, showed up to the big dances, won, and came back to race again and just kept going.

At the end of his 4yo campaign, he won HOTY.....yes, for a second time. He won 30 of 36 starts and again, did I say it.....28 in a row.

He never beat 153.1

I guess he was a rat because the phony $7500 claimers at the Big M, with the amatuer drivers, would leave him from go and just keep opening up lengths on him. You really should no better.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #159 on: Today at 12:20:17 AM »
Like I said, horses from 40 or more years ago do not have the innate ability that horses of today have. It is just a fact. I never said the horses mentioned weren't great horses. Look at my posts. I called them all champions. You assholes just don't understand that the horse you followed with your Dad, Mom, Brother or Uncle when you were a kid is seconds slower than the horses of today. For the retards, and you know who you are, look up what innate means. It might help you understand and by knowing what it means, you won't continue to look like the jackasses that you have all turned out to be.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #160 on: Today at 12:28:55 AM »
Like I said, horses from 40 or more years ago do not have the innate ability that horses of today have. It is just a fact. I never said the horses mentioned weren't great horses. Look at my posts. I called them all champions. You assholes just don't understand that the horse you followed with your Dad, Mom, Brother or Uncle when you were a kid is seconds slower than the horses of today. For the retards, and you know who you are, look up what innate means. It might help you understand and by knowing what it means, you won't continue to look like the jackasses that you have all turned out to be.

Huh?  They were 'tougher' horses as they could race 35+ times a year!

Again, please look at yourself in the mirror as far as being an "asshole", 'jackass', and "retard" actually is!

Please post again!  I'm glad horseplop has a new 'punching bag' for a change!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • dougie: Old and tired, i still feel bad about Freehold closing.
    September 19, 2024, 12:47:09 PM
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal