Author Topic: Rosecroft Raceway worst travesty I have ever witnessed  (Read 2106 times)

bello

• Elite
Rosecroft Raceway worst travesty I have ever witnessed
« on: September 16, 2024, 08:39:48 PM »
Horse #4  1-9 shipper from  pa AT 1-5 NEVER PACE A STEP IN THE WARMUPS. JUST GALLOPED.

NEVER MADE THE GATE OR GOT CLOSE TO IT .AT ANY POINT ANNONCER POINTED IT OUT NUMEROUS TIMES. I JUST GOT OFRF WITH AN IDIOT JUDGE WHI WOULD NOT GIVE ME HIS NAME, THOUGH I GAVE HIM MINE. HE SAID HE SAW THE WHOLE THING AND IT WAS UP TO THE VETS TO SCRATCH HIM.WHEN I ASKED FOR HIS NAME HE HUNG UP ON ME.

THIS PLACE NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN. JOHN ROBERTS ALLEGEDELY TOLD THE JUDES HE NEVER DROVE THE HORSE BUT TO LET HIM RACE BECAUSE HE THINKS THE LAME HORSE WILL GET BACK STRIDE.

Seems like they are all in on it.

IT AINT OVER.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2024, 08:41:24 PM by bello »

Mazola

• Stakes Horse
Re: Rosecroft Raceway worst travesty I have ever witnessed
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2024, 08:45:38 PM »
Holy fuck!

Kirbys Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2024, 08:52:14 PM »
it's gotten so bad lately. Seems there's no protection for the betters since 90% are simulcast betting and welfare money for purses. If there was a 90% on track handle, I bet they would not be so many non recalls! But sine simulcast betters can't see what's going on they just let them roll. I can understand not recalling for a galloper when the field is behind the gate and moving but for a horse that never hit a stride there should be a recall!
Back by popular demand!

bello

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2024, 08:52:38 PM »
I should have done aa Petrelli and taped the call. Even though I got my bets canceled ( p3 spread) I think I have had it with this game. Nobody gives a shit and anything goes.

bello

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2024, 08:56:57 PM »
it's gotten so bad lately. Seems there's no protection for the betters since 90% are simulcast betting and welfare money for purses. If there was a 90% on track handle, I bet they would not be so many non recalls! But sine simulcast betters can't see what's going on they just let them roll. I can understand not recalling for a galloper when the field is behind the gate and moving but for a horse that never hit a stride there should be a recall!

He should have been scratched. He never got on stride in the scoring and Roberts turned him and he was constantly galloping. Announcer who posts here occasionally had the balls to point out the horse never paced at any point in the warmups just prior to the start of the race. They will likely fire him for that or erase the tapes

bello

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2024, 09:02:23 PM »
The more I think about this, there is more than m.eets the eye..
john Roberts driver knew the horse could never make stride and the judges let the race go off despite this.

How do you spell collusion?  That what this reeks of.

Mazola

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2024, 10:07:16 PM »
Just everyday cheating

Kirbys Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2024, 09:51:22 AM »
If they're going to do shit like that why not just close the grandstand and race during the day for purse only. They have chased everyone out of their that wants to be there for live racing.
Back by popular demand!

rock old school

• 4 claimer
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2024, 10:39:13 AM »
I was watching the whole time that horse should have never started that race.
Was lucky enough to cancel my bets going into the turn not much but who wants to lose $40.
what a joke of a place

SwankToliverA

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2024, 11:27:24 AM »
Don't let up Bello, something needs to be done to protect the bettors, and ofc the horse's as well.
It's instances like this one, that turns people off to the game, or a particular track.

racing123

• Top Claimer
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2024, 11:40:52 AM »
not the judges fault in this case - judges are not responsible to check every horse on the track for lameness - the responsibility here lies with the vet who should be watching these horses score down - and fault also lies somewhat with the driver who if he couldn't get the horse to pace during the entire warmup as you guys claim, should have had a conversation with the vet and the horse's trainer to scratch out...

not disagreeing that the bettors got screwed - just disagreeing who should take the blame...

racing123

• Top Claimer
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2024, 12:07:12 PM »
Also, a judge who's speaking to a racing fan with a question, should give his name. Completely unprofessional that he didn't...and that's assuming the racing fan kept it professional from his end...

The stewards names presiding over a racetrack are a matter of public record - call the maryland racing commission and i'm sure you can get their names...

bello

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2024, 12:14:00 PM »
Thanks for the civil responses all. I know the presiding judge is Jack Remy. I was not sure I was speaking to Jack so I asked . Yes, in a civil way when hung up on.  Jack seems to be m,ore interested in being facebook friends with the RCR  horsemen than doing his job.

I will ask that those who can watch the replay of race 4 RCR. Besides the 4 never being on stride from the time he left the paddock at 1-9, look at the start of the race. Literally only 3 horses were up to the gate. The rest were many lengths behind. these were the 567  9-2  47-1  29-1.   Guess who finished in the top three.

Whi is resposible for fining these clowns?  Lets see what the judges do.

Make sure you listen to the announcer at the staart. Pete is the best. Hopefully they will not muzzle him

I am not done. More later
« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 12:17:05 PM by bello »

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2024, 01:48:17 PM »
I watched a couple times and, yes, egregious.

But...

$11,000 total bet all pools

$2000 win pool.

The p-3 pool mentioned was $491.

Is it larceny or just plain laziness? 

Foalin at 4

• Open / FFA
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2024, 02:17:39 PM »
I watched the replay, I can't believe no refunds were issued. I would love to know the dollar amount that was cancelled on the 2 non-starters. 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • dougie: Old and tired, i still feel bad about Freehold closing.
    Today at 12:47:09 PM
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal