Author Topic: LBJ Purse  (Read 545 times)

JT

• Open / FFA
LBJ Purse
« on: September 17, 2024, 09:26:26 AM »
Last year the total purse for the jug was for the first time a million bucks to try and get more entries because owners don't like 2 heats or half mile track or fear of drawing outside This year it is back down to what it normally is, it looks like 625,000 total. Anyone have an idea why the purse increase was only a 1 year thing?

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
Re: LBJ Purse
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2024, 09:39:25 AM »
Jug society took it personal that Confederate didn’t show up so Society gave a big FU to the business

Miguel_Sanchez

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2024, 10:45:20 AM »
with Lexington having 400K on monday it's hard to pass up there program racing only once per day on a mile track where you can stay away from issues of half mile racing.  All these "probable studs" stay off the 1/2 and 5/8's where they can get beat easily.  Look at Karl, and yes I am picking on Takter.  This horses has never touched anything except M, HOP, Red Mile.  He so bumpy he won't even try Canada because the footing is different.  Turn back to TDS - Can you imagine how bad he would have looked on a 1/2?  That horse raced probably the worst crop of 3yo's known to man after Papi Rob broke down and need whipped brutally to barely win.  Had Papi Rob stayed sound TDS would be 5-6K stud and then flopped even worse as stallion.  No horse in history has every ruined so many mares than TDS. 

Now the way Confederate raced last yr never Chopping says they knew Delaware would be a tall stretch and they protected there stallion and there money.  Breeders need to pay more attention to these things.  If your just breeding to breed to the hype then you should only breed to Takter stallions.  Good luck with that.

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2024, 11:05:48 AM »
with Lexington having 400K on monday it's hard to pass up there program racing only once per day on a mile track where you can stay away from issues of half mile racing.  All these "probable studs" stay off the 1/2 and 5/8's where they can get beat easily.  Look at Karl, and yes I am picking on Takter.  This horses has never touched anything except M, HOP, Red Mile.  He so bumpy he won't even try Canada because the footing is different.  Turn back to TDS - Can you imagine how bad he would have looked on a 1/2?  That horse raced probably the worst crop of 3yo's known to man after Papi Rob broke down and need whipped brutally to barely win.  Had Papi Rob stayed sound TDS would be 5-6K stud and then flopped even worse as stallion.  No horse in history has every ruined so many mares than TDS. 

Now the way Confederate raced last yr never Chopping says they knew Delaware would be a tall stretch and they protected there stallion and there money.  Breeders need to pay more attention to these things.  If your just breeding to breed to the hype then you should only breed to Takter stallions.  Good luck with that.
I agree with you about Lexington and most of the jug horses go to Lexington after Delaware. I've always said that Lexington should extend their meet by a week or 2 so their SS finals don't clash with the LBJ. The truly great horses can win on any size track. The biggest disappointment for me going to the jug since 1980 was when SBSW skipped it. The triple crown races should be front and center to promote the sport just like the thoroughbreds.. what did the Cane Pace have 5 or 6 entries.. what a joke

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2024, 11:46:11 AM »

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • dougie: Old and tired, i still feel bad about Freehold closing.
    September 19, 2024, 12:47:09 PM
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal