Author Topic: Todays LBJ races  (Read 1376 times)

Open bridle

• Open / FFA
Re: Todays LBJ races
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2024, 08:31:17 AM »
If I ever got back into ownership.. I would have to insist to my trainer.. Who I won't name but uses multiple drivers in Ohio, that Chris would drive for us.. He will succeed even if he loses a few Burke horses to Miller once David moves back here.. Furthermore always bet Miller at Delaware. He is the all time leader in wins there. He got there yesterday for like the last 5 or 6 races.. and won 2 of them including 10-1 in the last race.
One thing you learn when you own horses it's very hard to get the driver you want. The top tier drivers are already taken most all the time. Burke always has him first. Then after that Chris has so many long time connections you better have a trainer that knows him well to get him. The best drivers are very hard to get unless your horse is exceptional.

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2024, 08:40:43 AM »
One thing you learn when you own horses it's very hard to get the driver you want. The top tier drivers are already taken most all the time. Burke always has him first. Then after that Chris has so many long time connections you better have a trainer that knows him well to get him. The best drivers are very hard to get unless your horse is exceptional.
You are correct.. but the trainer I used to have like I mentioned uses multiple drivers in Ohio but does use Chris quite often.. as my Dad would always say it's not what you know.. it's who you know.

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2024, 08:51:37 AM »
I would love to. Ive been to practically every track in the country and LBJ has eluded me.

It is too bad because I love the fairs, been to them all in Maine,I love 1/2 mile, and I love getting loaded on the infield. I am sure you will be making your user name come true.

Have one more beer for me!
bello you should try 1 time to come here for jug day.. I enjoy your posts and race picks. I have a few tracks on my bucket list as well. Keep after those clowns at rosecroft that was a joke.

Horseradish

• Top Claimer
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2024, 01:43:48 PM »
At least we got to enjoy a few races before "The (annoying) Voice" took over.

#mute

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • dougie: Old and tired, i still feel bad about Freehold closing.
    September 19, 2024, 12:47:09 PM
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal