Author Topic: Another Horrible Display  (Read 965 times)

JT, bumby and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
Another Horrible Display
« on: Today at 03:00:25 PM »
Once again, another so called landmark race for Harness Racing is a snooze fest. The bigger joke is that they race one of Harness Racing's marquis events on a THURSDAY FUCKING AFTERNOON.  I heard the 2026 Super Bowl is being played on a Tuesday at 11AM and The Kentucky Derby is being moved to the third Monday in May with a post time of 1:30PM

JT

• Open / FFA
Re: Another Horrible Display
« Reply #1 on: Today at 03:05:55 PM »
Once again, another so called landmark race for Harness Racing is a snooze fest. The bigger joke is that they race one of Harness Racing's marquis events on a THURSDAY FUCKING AFTERNOON.  I heard the 2026 Super Bowl is being played on a Tuesday at 11AM and The Kentucky Derby is being moved to the third Monday in May with a post time of 1:30PM
Dude you contradict yourself so much it's laughable. You said on the Meadowlands thread that maybe they should move to afternoon cards. As far as the racing goes I thought it was great. Drivers not giving up holes, lots of movement unlike most half mile tracks and not follow the leader and sprint home like Mohawk and The Meadowlands.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:16:57 PM »
Dude you contradict yourself so much it's laughable. You said on the Meadowlands thread that maybe they should move to afternoon cards. As far as the racing goes I thought it was great. Drivers not giving up holes, lots of movement unlike most half mile tracks and not follow the leader and sprint home like Mohawk and The Meadowlands.
Once again, you prove how poorly educated you are. The thread was about M1 getting Freehold's dates.

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:20:35 PM »
Once again, you prove how poorly educated you are. The thread was about M1 getting Freehold's dates.
You're exact quote was " they should run some afternoon cards" I read just fine.. continue with your insults

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: Today at 03:29:36 PM »
You're exact quote was " they should run some afternoon cards" I read just fine.. continue with your insults
In a thread about M! getting Freehold's dates. I don't need your prompting to insult you. It is apparent you are a non horseman knowitall piece of shit. How's that jerkoff?

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:44:02 PM »
In a thread about M! getting Freehold's dates. I don't need your prompting to insult you. It is apparent you are a non horseman knowitall piece of shit. How's that jerkoff?
Honest question..Why would racing in the afternoon at The Meadowlands be OK but at the jug not ok?..It's a tradition for jug day to be the third Thursday after Labor Day and shouldn't be changed. Never claimed to be a know it all, and sorry I've been around horses, owned horses and sat behind horses my whole life.. almost 50 years. You are the type of person that likes to throw insults at people to make you feel better about yourself and make you feel like a "big person". Pretty sad actually.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: Today at 03:48:14 PM »
Honest question..Why would racing in the afternoon at The Meadowlands be OK but at the jug not ok?..It's a tradition for jug day to be the third Thursday after Labor Day and shouldn't be changed. Never claimed to be a know it all, and sorry I've been around horses, owned horses and sat behind horses my whole life.. almost 50 years. You are the type of person that likes to throw insults at people to make you feel better about yourself and make you feel like a "big person". Pretty sad actually.
If you have to ask why an industry would have one of its premiere events on a Thursday afternoon and not on a day and time where you may actually attract an audience then there is no hope for you.

M P

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: Today at 03:50:32 PM »
Fact. Jug handle $211k. What else is there to say?
But "I'M" detrimental to the industry.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: Today at 03:53:45 PM »
Fact. Jug handle $211k. What else is there to say?
I know. I sometimes wonder why I even waste my time posting with nitwits.

M P

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: Today at 03:58:26 PM »
I know. I sometimes wonder why I even waste my time posting with nitwits.

I was enjoying reading for a while. It's obvious why the industry is fucked. These are the people who populate it. I get your point, look at Monticello. Why do they handle so well at a C track? Would be interesting to see an early week M1 card in the afternoon. What's the worst that could happen?

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: Today at 04:02:05 PM »
mike, you  are sadly misinformed when it comes to the little brown jug
 so first please let me know what other event in harness racing attracts a larger crowd ??
secondly you dont understand its positioning, the wednesday /thursday for their big races fits the overall schedule, sure they could have it saturday afternoon or saturday night, oops wait mohawk seems to have a few little races going on that might require some trainers and drivers to be there
the majority of fans there travel in for the event, many on the day of
this is a special attraction that people will allocate time to attend
the majority than leave the event at 7 pm to go back home
having it end at 11 pm would screw that up

please go back to telling us how karl is superior to muscle hill

M P

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: Today at 04:03:07 PM »
mike, you  are sadly misinformed when it comes to the little brown jug
 so first please let me know what other event in harness racing attracts a larger crowd ??
secondly you dont understand its positioning, the wednesday /thursday for their big races fits the overall schedule, sure they could have it saturday afternoon or saturday night, oops wait mohawk seems to have a few little races going on that might require some trainers and drivers to be there
the majority of fans there travel in for the event, many on the day of
this is a special attraction that people will allocate time to attend
the majority than leave the event at 7 pm to go back home
having it end at 11 pm would screw that up

please go back to telling us how karl is superior to muscle hill

The race handled $211k. I rest my case. Jugette $71k.

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: Today at 04:06:05 PM »
The race handled $211k. I rest my case.

That is much more of a reflection of 2 heats. AWD adding the race on theor platforms 10 mins prior to post with no programs available off track

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #13 on: Today at 04:07:06 PM »
If you have to ask why an industry would have one of its premiere events on a Thursday afternoon and not on a day and time where you may actually attract an audience then there is no hope for you.
I guess I am hopeless for being a traditionalist.. just like the national anthem should still be said in school and our countries statues should never come down. As far as handle goes.. say you move it to Saturday night and handle an extra 100000 grand who cares. Handle has been dropping at all tracks for years and years. Harness racing is a dying industry

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #14 on: Today at 04:08:53 PM »
I was enjoying reading for a while. It's obvious why the industry is fucked. These are the people who populate it. I get your point, look at Monticello. Why do they handle so well at a C track? Would be interesting to see an early week M1 card in the afternoon. What's the worst that could happen?
tmbz1 tmbz1

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • dougie: Old and tired, i still feel bad about Freehold closing.
    September 19, 2024, 12:47:09 PM
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal