Author Topic: Another Horrible Display  (Read 1800 times)

JT

• Open / FFA
Re: Another Horrible Display
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2024, 08:43:03 PM »
I didn't say shut it down. Just take away the Jug and Jugette. You will still have 15-20 races per day for the few hundred that actually care about racing. I bet 3/4 of the people there only go to the races once a year. Harness Racing doesn't need them. Make the jug week dry and Monticello will outdraw Delaware and that is a fact.
Another horrible and misinformed take. Yes the crowd is smaller then the past and yes there are lots of people there that only go to jug day and to a harness track once a year and yes some people go just for the party and atmosphere,but I've sat in that Grandstand almost 50 years and have met hundreds maybe thousands of people over the years and there are WAY more multiple generations of horseman and horsewomen than you realize, that go to multiple tracks in Ohio and across the country every year. That race will never be moved, day or time period. Furthermore you take booze away from any track and it would be a ghost town including the barn area. Sure race it on a Saturday like the cane pace was.. what did it draw 5 or 6 horses what a joke. The only thing that might happen in my lifetime is the jug eliminations would be run on a Saturday night at Scioto a week and a half before jug day because owners and trainers don't want to go 2 heats anymore.

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2024, 08:46:32 PM »
For decades after decade harness racing was second to only baseball. More people watch pickleball than harness racing.
I've always said that the 3 triple crown races should be featured.. just like the thoroughbreds. It doesn't help that the cane is run on Hambletonian Day and the Messenger is run at probably the worst track of corruption and horrible racing product in the country

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2024, 08:48:42 PM »
Move it like the BC. One year at M1, one year at Hoosier etc.
I suppose the Kentucky Derby or Preakness or Belmont should be moved around every year as well Brilliant idea. LoL

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2024, 08:53:40 PM »
The concept has been to race midweek to make it easier for horsepeople across the country and Canada to congregate with the locals. Shut down the town and schools when nothing else is going on for a special event. On top of that, you could never do it on a Ohio state Saturday. Sunday, you want to butt heads with not 1 but 2 state NFL franchises? Moving it to either of those days is suicide. Might as well fold up. Moving it to Friday would avoid football but inconveniences the out of town horsepeople from getting back for local weekend business. Point being, the day was not haphazardly chosen for illogical reasons.
Finally an intelligent post.  tmbz1

M P

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2024, 08:59:22 PM »
I suppose the Kentucky Derby or Preakness or Belmont should be moved around every year as well Brilliant idea. LoL

Just under 307 million wagered on Derby Day. Great comparison showing just how pathetic harness racing is in the eyes of the public. Compare that to Hambo Day. Under 6 million.  ngc3
But "I'M" detrimental to the industry.

M P

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2024, 09:01:18 PM »

Oh btw. 60 mil was wagered on The Belmont that was raced at Saratoga this year. 125 million on the card, beating 2023.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2024, 09:12:11 PM by M P »

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2024, 09:12:46 PM »
Oh btw. 60 mil was wagered on The Belmont that was raced at Saratoga this year.
I know the belmont was at Saratoga and once the construction is done at belmont it will move back. Not my fault that the thoroughbreds handle is so much greater then harness racing It's pretty sad actually. Maybe people like you who claim to know so many of the higher ups in the sport should do something about it. Instead you are shoveling shit out of a stall at your precious farm. Correction the farm that lets you work there.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2024, 09:17:54 PM by JT »

M P

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2024, 09:29:06 PM »
I know the belmont was at Saratoga and once the construction is done at belmont it will move back. Not my fault that the thoroughbreds handle is so much greater then harness racing It's pretty sad actually. Maybe people like you who claim to know so many of the higher ups in the sport should do something about it. Instead you are shoveling shit out of a stall at your precious farm. Correction the farm that lets you work there.

Aww you got told and that's the best you can do? Actually I have unlike you approached those higher ups. Many times. They don't care. And I don't even have a dog in the fight. Yet you who seem to have all the answers posts on Horseplop anonymously. Again. I rest my case.

Any1Left

• Top Claimer
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2024, 09:44:33 PM »
The betting pools are compromised and its not hidden with huge drop of odds happening every single race on horses on or near the lead and this game no longer can exist on handle as many harness players are broke or dead and many find it unbeatable,,,,,,,,,  I know people that never missed a day in 30 years off betting horses and no longer feel its a game of skill as horses are paying 3 dollars and are auto pitches like the second winner tonight at mohawk,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, The game needs to talk about positive tests and bad drives is that not what a good analyst does,,,,,,,,, If you watch a football game and the QB throws a 3 yard interception the announcer will say the QB crapped the joint out and they talk about steroid use unlike harness racing who choose to keep telling lies and hope you a complete moron,,,,,,,,,,,,, Beaton sent 2 horses out that ran clean and in future weeks when these horses turn back into machines we will be told about bullshit that made these horses run like poop,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, The problem is all management and holes given up would not happen with a hefty fine,,,,,,,,,,,,,, When an inquiry pops up i should be right on the judgement 95 percent of the time and i am wrong way to often as it depends on the judges dealing with the trainer or driver,,,,,,,,,,,,,, These super rich owners going with BEATON after he TKO a horse and a baby at that have turned this game into a FFA for cheating,,,,,,,,, METS LEGACY 3 dollars,,,,,,,,,Funny if i did not lose 950 to the pick five and not have him on a ticket,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2024, 10:00:06 PM »
Aww you got told and that's the best you can do? Actually I have unlike you approached those higher ups. Many times. They don't care. And I don't even have a dog in the fight. Yet you who seem to have all the answers posts on Horseplop anonymously. Again. I rest my case.
I didn't get told anything I've been around standardbreds my whole life and follow the thoroughbreds. I have talked to many people for many years that run the brown jug and are on the jug society. Some changes have been made some haven't.That just shows what the higher ups that I don't know, like you do think of your opinions. They don't care. I  would love to improve harness racing and make it more relevant again. I have a strong passion for the sport I grew up with and still love to this day. Until there is change at the top nothing will happen. One of my suggestions was to bring in temporary lighting so they could do one or two days of night racing or starting at 3 or 4. It's being considered. Another is to bring back the senior jug invitational on Sunday, like it used to be. There are many others as well so don't tell me I don't talk to "anyone" of the people in charge at least in Delaware. I don't have any connections to the east coast higher ups and if I had a chance to speak to them I would offer all sorts of suggestions. Face it harness racing will never be back to it's hayday..it just needs to be prevented from extinction

Any1Left

• Top Claimer
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2024, 10:52:00 PM »
Sosa and Mcgwire both had an amazing season that no fan talks about today because we know the great part of their season was not a legit situation,,,,,,,,,,,,,,In harness racing almost everyone is a SOSA and yet we talk about the greatness of a situation that is tainted with drugs and we see the real horses when drugs are not in play,,,,,,,,,,,,, When i watch the JUG and TRAVIS ALEXANDER walks by and i hear hey travis its good to see you and its been a great year i laugh because i know that everyone on that telecast except ROGER knows why its been a good year,,,,,,,, If it was not or gambling very very few would be fans,,,,

firhill

• Open / FFA
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2024, 11:27:33 PM »
I know. I sometimes wonder why I even waste my time posting with nitwits.

Then don’t. That way everyone wins.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2024, 11:32:48 PM »
Just under 307 million wagered on Derby Day. Great comparison showing just how pathetic harness racing is in the eyes of the public. Compare that to Hambo Day. Under 6 million.  ngc3
This guy JT is a fucking imbecile.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2024, 11:43:02 PM »
I know. I sometimes wonder why I even waste my time posting with nitwits.

And the answer is---Because you're bored, don't have much of a life, and you think you're a bigshot/someone important on horseplop.

Please take a good luck in the mirror at who is the "biggest' "nitwit" here on horseplop.

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2024, 11:50:33 PM »
This guy JT is a fucking imbecile.
Give it a rest man.Why would you honestly move a triple crown race to a different location. Do thoroughbreds do that? Of course not. And yes I realize that the belmont was moved to Saratoga this year and next. It's amazing that everyone on this thread agrees with me except that dipshit Pitrelli yet I'm the imbecile. Why don't you go back to doing what you do best which is kissing Karl's ass appointing him the greatest ever... which is another thread where nobody agrees with you. I honestly think you post stupid shit just to get comments. You must be a lonely person Very sad.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • dougie: Old and tired, i still feel bad about Freehold closing.
    September 19, 2024, 12:47:09 PM
  • Papillon: changing diapers together
    September 05, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
  • Minjae: Where are Jen Bongiorno and the white knight?
    September 05, 2024, 12:28:36 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Sure was a gift, Dougie. I was happy to see him race, and win
    August 31, 2024, 04:11:00 PM
  • dougie: 2-1 0n Charlie May was a gift!!!!!
    August 31, 2024, 11:49:19 AM
  • Demples: Binkley
    August 29, 2024, 05:42:52 AM
  • Albatross77: I hope he goes down fucking hard!!
    August 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: You better pray good boy!
    August 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal