Author Topic: JOSEPH C. GUARINO JR  (Read 2224 times)

Arnold Ziffel

• Top Claimer
JOSEPH C. GUARINO JR
« on: September 24, 2024, 10:29:02 AM »
What ever happened to Joe?

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: JOSEPH C. GUARINO JR
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2024, 10:49:25 AM »
All I remember is the $h!t hit the fan for him around 15 or 20 years ago. He got banned from Monticello and I have no idea how that played out. Right around the same time he had a bad positive, or two, (at YR, IIRC) and I think the suspension went from 30 days to 9 months or a year overnight. Right after that one, he had another. He appealed and I don't know how any of that played out either. I think they (NY) ended up pushing for a lifetime ban or some major period of time, like 10 years or something. I never paid much attention to it.

Kirbys Ace

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2024, 11:05:38 AM »
Damn. you remember all that and the details from so long ago? You must be him!

tmbz1
Back by popular demand!

Arnold Ziffel

• Top Claimer
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2024, 12:12:14 PM »
All I remember is the $h!t hit the fan for him around 15 or 20 years ago. He got banned from Monticello and I have no idea how that played out. Right around the same time he had a bad positive, or two, (at YR, IIRC) and I think the suspension went from 30 days to 9 months or a year overnight. Right after that one, he had another. He appealed and I don't know how any of that played out either. I think they (NY) ended up pushing for a lifetime ban or some major period of time, like 10 years or something. I never paid much attention to it.
I can’t believe the memory you have!

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2024, 01:29:27 PM »
After being so successful at MR----it was big news at the time. Any potential lifetime ban is. I paid more attention because the positive(s) were at YR. Allegedly he was banned from MR for milkshaking. One of the positive tests at YR.....I think.....was for mepivacaine, but someone should check that out. I just remember after getting booted from MR, the walls started caving in on him a bit. I don't remember how many positives there were though.

I never followed MR racing at all, except for the NYSS races, but I followed the NYSS no matter what track they were at. Guarino was either top or near the top at MR for a long time. He had a controversial run, LOL. He was always shady.

Sam R

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2024, 03:10:57 PM »
Joe is living in Florida. He has been on Larry Rolla's podcast a few times. He was leading trainer at Yonkers 3 times.

seen2much

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2024, 03:19:44 PM »
I remember Joe being in trouble for milkshaking.  Guarino is a name I haven't heard for a good while.

jupiter

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2024, 03:22:21 PM »
He had his own pre-race business at Rockingham. He had a stall at the end of his barn all ready, drench hoses and buckets. They'd line up. It was a joke. What a great place, beautiful old track, great area, sad, like all the rest of the tracks we are loosing.

Arnold Ziffel

• Top Claimer
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2024, 03:22:41 PM »
After being so successful at MR----it was big news at the time. Any potential lifetime ban is. I paid more attention because the positive(s) were at YR. Allegedly he was banned from MR for milkshaking. One of the positive tests at YR.....I think.....was for mepivacaine, but someone should check that out. I just remember after getting booted from MR, the walls started caving in on him a bit. I don't remember how many positives there were though.

I never followed MR racing at all, except for the NYSS races, but I followed the NYSS no matter what track they were at. Guarino was either top or near the top at MR for a long time. He had a controversial run, LOL. He was always shady.
Some if his owners looked shady as well. I remember one crew wearing fedora hats in the paddock at Yonkers looked like a scene out of Goodfellas!

Arnold Ziffel

• Top Claimer
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2024, 03:24:17 PM »
He had his own pre-race business at Rockingham. He had a stall at the end of his barn all ready, drench hoses and buckets. They'd line up. It was a joke. What a great place, beautiful old track, great area, sad, like all the rest of the tracks we are loosing.
Wow Gezzz!

Arnold Ziffel

• Top Claimer
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2024, 03:25:11 PM »
Joe is living in Florida. He has been on Larry Rolla's podcast a few times. He was leading trainer at Yonkers 3 times.
thank you I’ll have to look up that video!

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2024, 03:36:16 PM »

I forgot him being on Larry's podcast. Thanks.

Arnold Ziffel

• Top Claimer
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2024, 03:51:06 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/live/WGkWPl7y49g?si=hDH-DbgNXKyH1D-F

Found it thanks! Great interview Larry’s got a wonderful and informative YouTube page!

London

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2024, 08:03:02 AM »
birds of a feather...didnt Joe get a EPO positive...scumba g.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2024, 11:19:27 AM »
birds of a feather...didnt Joe get a EPO positive...scumba g.

I don't remember. I wouldn't be shocked if he did.

Did they even have a test for EPO back then?

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
  • Passion: Frederick bourgault
    September 25, 2024, 04:03:04 PM
  • Unclejerry: I'm Back and it's time to spice up this dead rat!
    September 23, 2024, 07:25:56 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal