Author Topic: Ron Burke. Travis Alexander. Per Emblom  (Read 3775 times)

happymare and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

kooter for hipin

• Open / FFA
Re: Ron Burke. Travis Alexander. Per Emblom
« Reply #15 on: Today at 12:39:52 AM »
As part of the suspension's rewuirements, Burke was not allowed ro rig or train any horses or enter any racing grounds.

Don't think he does much of that anyway. 

bond

• Elite
« Reply #16 on: Today at 09:29:20 AM »
I think there's a reason that super trainers shoot 25% or 30% at one track, but shoot 15% at another. I also think that at a certain point, in the claiming game, the intimidation factor comes into play. When you have 4 to 8 in a class, and you can race 20k horses for 10k you are going to win a lot of races and you don't have to throw everything at them like Servis and Navarro did.

Monopolies in Harness racing-especially when there are many claiming races---is one reason why Harness Racing is dying.
Burke Emblom Alexander-are not good for racing--but they are very good for themselves.
The advantages these trainers have--is the numbers of horses they have --ruling and dictating race secretaries/drivers.
Race secretaries fall over themselves appeasing them especially Burke-who has like 300 horses--or many times the number the average horsemen has. So esp Burke "get looked after" . If Burke for eg -gets a positive---he will spend as much as it takes to beat or reduce the penalty-because getting days can cost him many $$$. So-it ends up-Burke getting off completely-or reduced penalty. Unlike the average trainer. Burke also gets the best drivers available-who invariably "try harder" when on a Burke horse---using favors from opposing drivers--while when on low % trainers-they earn favors by giving up holes--or not leaving against a Burke horse when they should. In fact--how many times do you see a Burke horse get parked??? Its a rarity. The Burke account a driver has--is very valuable to them--so if an opposing driver hurts their chances--repercussions follow--and drivers know this.
Only graded races-or High $$$ races--are "real" races these days. Races where its every man for himself--as you see in the LBJ for example. So claiming from these guys--is tough- as you immediately piss a driver off,thats never good--and the race secretaries-dont like it either. Race secretaries are under the illusion that Burke and Co--increase the handle as their horses are usually shorter odds-which they think is where the money is made.. That used to be the case--but today--not so much. Evenly matched races with many betting options--attract bettors-thats why Meadowlands has the handle they have.JMO 

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #17 on: Today at 10:56:24 AM »
Spot on, Bond.

JT

• Open / FFA
« Reply #18 on: Today at 11:20:58 AM »
Spot on, Bond.
Absolutely. I will be curious to see what happens with the Burke account once Miller moves back to Ohio. It's been Chris Page and Ronnie Wrenn Jr. I like Chris as a driver and person, but it would be hard not to go to Miller. I wonder if Miller might go with the Virgil Morgan Jr. account

hoosierboy

• Elite
« Reply #19 on: Today at 11:33:01 AM »
Absolutely. I will be curious to see what happens with the Burke account once Miller moves back to Ohio. It's been Chris Page and Ronnie Wrenn Jr. I like Chris as a driver and person, but it would be hard not to go to Miller. I wonder if Miller might go with the Virgil Morgan Jr. account

David will have his choice of any account he wants

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #20 on: Today at 01:17:35 PM »
David will have his choice of any account he wants

tmbz1

M P

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #21 on: Today at 01:34:28 PM »
you would be the leading driver in the country.

Answer this riddle. Sumner, Medeiros, Marks, Banca, Dowse, Engblom = ________?
But "I'M" detrimental to the industry.

seen2much

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #22 on: Today at 04:22:19 PM »
Who was Engblom before he discovered whatever it is? Per would revert back to ordinary quickly in my opinion.
Alexander did well when he was suspended. He has done great since he is back. Take away his stuff & I think he disappears. I don't know if he has any talent.
Burke has many horses. It would take a year or two for it to crumble. Without the goods there would be no reason to buy horses from others. They are average at best developing their own. Take away the endless drugs he uses & even less babies will be successful. In my opinion the numbers is not why Burke does 20 million. It is the endless cheating that achieves it.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
  • Passion: Frederick bourgault
    September 25, 2024, 04:03:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal