Author Topic: Karl  (Read 20504 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Parked

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2806
Re: Karl
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2024, 08:55:27 AM »
Not that I would if I had money but I would send a mare to Tactical Approach before I send one to Karl, if comparing the two of them


TA is out of a Donato Hanover mare, and he is a bigger stronger-built horse.

Having said that, I would go to Walner before anything else period.

A quick look at Friday and Saturday charts show Walner had 7 three year olds start and 4 two year olds.  All 4 fillies made the finals and 3 out of 7 colts.  One winner and all the rest were 4 th or 5 th.   We will see how thay do next week. 

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2779
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: Karl
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2024, 11:41:39 AM »
Listen, Karl once again looked "ordinary" (compared to his 2yo year and expectations). People can speak to sound, not sound, bled, lasix, etc. That said, I never thought he was a "great" colt, simply because of----one, what I saw and how he did what he did. Two, I think too many people throw the word "great". Three, the word seems to be grossly overused and it applies to every leading horse of their respective class.

I am not a trainer. I don't who is on this website, but I would venture to say there is not one trainer on this site I would consider to be a better horseman than Jimmy Takter. So, if the horse is not sound, if anyone can get him right, it's Jimmy and not some poster here. I also don't suspect anyone here knows what number he bled, how long it's been going on, etc.

So, never being on the Karl or great train, and this may sound strange coming from me, but, I am not making him a toss for next week. Sure, he got lucky getting in. He would have been second to last or last had HK not broke. However, I think this is a weak crop. I think it's a bit of an inconsistent crop----in that the colts at the top of the class haven't been extremely consistent. Any one of them can break, throw in a clunker, or something of the like. I think Jimmy knows what he's dealing with and has been pointing this colt to the BC since Lexington, since he bled, etc. I think he was not all out, by design, but was used and a bit hard.

I am going to watch a lot of replays. I am going to watch what trainers really know how to peak a colt for a specific race. I will be at training centers this week watching whoever and whatever I can, and get as much information on the colts I can't or don't see (although I won't get any reports from Takter's farm, LOL). I did all of this for the KY Futurity, and just like I did in Lexington, I am going to be prepared, very prepared, so that in case I see something on the track and on the board, I can strike. I saw what I saw for the Futurity, with several minutes to post, and I fired away, and it paid off.....big time, LOL. But, that aside, I am not making Karl an automatic toss. Not by any means.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • JT: No kidding.. right Dougie
    Today at 11:53:19 AM
  • dougie: JT.....Get us a "hot"horse. LOL!
    Today at 11:50:33 AM
  • JT: I might have to take him up on that..roughly 3 to 4 hour drive for me ;D
    Today at 11:28:30 AM
  • JT: He said if I ever wanted to go to come knocking on his door and he would hook me up tmbz1..he said you gotta wear a shirt and tie. I said we'll I wouldn't go in these clothes..my clothes are covered in paint ngc3
    Today at 11:26:47 AM
  • JT: Funny story..the house I am working on now, the next door neighbor came out and was rocking a Keeneland t-shirt. We chatted for a bit. He has friends that own some and they have a permanent spot in the clubhouse
    Today at 11:24:54 AM
  • Trigger: "we were training here."  End of discussion G, why you're an irrelovant, an anonymous coward, a liar extroidnaire...no one here of any consequence believes you or ever will.  But you keep seeking to convince our lying eyes  ngc3
    Today at 11:18:41 AM
  • wiggles44: Calm down Mike
    Today at 11:15:26 AM
  • G: They told me last winter was fabulous while all the tracks and farms were shut down they were training
    Today at 11:15:12 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal