Author Topic: Ake and Call Me Goo back in tough spot after 8 post scratch Jug day!  (Read 2350 times)

Kirbys Ace

• Elite
Re: Ake and Call Me Goo back in tough spot after 8 post scratch Jug day!
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2024, 12:08:33 PM »
Jason Skinner has a 12-horse stable that run mainly on the Dover/Harrington circuit. He co-owns some of them but is lucky to break even on them with expenses, so losing the horse was a big deal.

So, how would you know how he does on his expenses? Are you, his accountant?
Back by popular demand!

gh2009

• Top Claimer
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2024, 12:14:25 PM »
I'm not his accountant but follow the Delaware circuit on a regular basis and know how much his horses earnings are. With normal expenses for training, most of them break even or lose money. In horse racing way more owners lose money than make money, you don't have to be an accountant to figure that out.

old guy

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2024, 01:25:20 PM »
Jiggy Jog S will definitely run in the Breeders Crown Open Trot because the purse is much higher than the Mares Open, so off of last night's effort, Call Me Goo will most likely be the favorite in the Mares Open Trot.

I hope she trots in the Breeders Crown instead of run.

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2024, 03:00:20 PM »
Ake knew he couldn't win, so why not go for as much money as you can.

This is why uncoupled entries are terrible. Imagine betting on goo not being aware that the drivers best interest is not trying to win

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2024, 03:02:28 PM »
It would not have made a difference. Ake couldn't win. If he tried all out he would run a good risk of not getting second. In this case, go for as much as you can, second place payday when you are second best....and the gravy.....you have an easy race, more in the tank....and you help manage your stablemate for her ultimate goal.

Maybe. Maybe not. That is your subjective opinion. In a gambling game with public money on the line, it's not a fair shake. This game should be about gambling first then ake's best interests 30th.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2024, 04:20:10 PM »
I'm not his accountant but follow the Delaware circuit on a regular basis and know how much his horses earnings are. With normal expenses for training, most of them break even or lose money. In horse racing way more owners lose money than make money, you don't have to be an accountant to figure that out.

That's for certain! You know how to make a small fortune in the harness business? Start out with a big fortune! LOL.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2024, 04:48:49 PM »
Maybe. Maybe not. That is your subjective opinion. In a gambling game with public money on the line, it's not a fair shake. This game should be about gambling first then ake's best interests 30th.

True, nothing more than my opinion, and I am pretty confident that Ake's horse was not beating JJS under any circumstances. If Ake went all out---to try and win, not on a suicide mission just to get JJS beat---there's just no way she's beating JJS. Two different classes of horses right now. As far as the gambling aspect, while you are right, it's just not going to be absolute in situations like this. No matter what you do.

love and light

• NW-1
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2024, 06:21:32 PM »
I highly doubt that one horse is/was his meal ticket!
 73cv.2

Boy you dont look at numbers  ngc3 I believe it was SKINNER WHO MADE HER THE MONEY ON HER CARD RESPECTABLE WELL OVER 500.000, AS I Have SAID BEFORE Not Bad for a Small Stable trainer , Shes picked up 2 checks 1 of which AKE GOT 1/2 OF THE PURSE PLUS DRIVER /TRAINER % NOT BAD BUSINESS ON HIS PART AND Shes  racing for much bigger purses then with Skinner, I also said this was a SALE IN THE MAKING and I was right THE
GOOGOO GAAGAAS ARE WANTED OVER THERE  ...As it should be SHES A NICE MARE NO JIGGY BY NO MEANS AND AKE WOULD HAVE PICKED UP MORE MONEY FOR HIMSELF HAD SHE BEAT JIGGY , Sorry but ya gotta give credit where Credit is due . Skinner has a Knack for Babies like it or not . Im sure his Training Bills are a hell of lot cheaper then AKE'S ..So as far as a meal ticket I DONT SEE HOW HIS 5% WAS HIS MEAL TICKET GOING FOR THE MONEY HE WAS RACING FOR  The Owners behind SKINNERS BACK  were in the makings of moving her to AKE for 3 weeks prior to her leaving FACTS WHEN IN THE DECENT WORLD OF HARNESS RACING THEY SHOULD OF LET THE KID CONTINUE TO RACE HER SERIES OUT LET ALONE LET THEM KNOW WHAT THEIR PLANS WERE  ..HE DESERVED THAT MUCH  BUT BUSINESS IS BUSINESS AND THIS BUSINESS IS A CUT THROAT BACK STABBING ONE AND A SALE IS A SALE  IM UPSET I DIDNT GET A SHIRT  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

gh2009

• Top Claimer
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2024, 06:32:13 PM »
Actually, according to the program, the ownership didn't change or at least hasn't been updated.

love and light

• NW-1
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2024, 06:40:39 PM »
 OWNERSHIP DEFINATLY Changed AKE is an Owner Now along with Graham Grace and Roberts GONNA BE  ANOTHER BROODMARE HEADING OVER SEAS EVENTUALLY !

gh2009

• Top Claimer
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2024, 06:50:56 PM »
Just went back and checked the program, you are correct. Not sure why Ake needs another trotter he'll only run 8 times a year unless it's for future breeding purposes.

SDST2009

• Open / FFA
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2024, 07:42:52 PM »

I understand the sentiment, but part of gambling is understanding a good driver/horseman isn't going to absolutely gut and/or injure his horse trying to defeat a horse they can. not. beat. If Jiggy Jog had shown any weakness at all I am sure Ake would have capitalized on it.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2024, 11:42:24 AM »
I understand the sentiment, but part of gambling is understanding a good driver/horseman isn't going to absolutely gut and/or injure his horse trying to defeat a horse they can. not. beat. If Jiggy Jog had shown any weakness at all I am sure Ake would have capitalized on it.

Very true. While the oblivious general public won't and can't know (without the education), the informed general public knows this. Ake can own a piece of one and not the other, and that's why he'll drive that one, but for the most part, neither driver on stablemates are going to do anything foolish to the detriment of each other. I always wanted to see two horses, same ownership, same barn/trainer, in a real battle down the stretch. Then show me the same thing with different ownership. All things considered.

Like I said, I really enjoy watching JJS race, and if everyone is racing for second, so be it. At least up until the BC, LOL.

wizardofoz

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2024, 01:06:33 PM »

RACE 1 - The Red Mile - KY - October 6, 2024
Conditions: THE ALLERAGE FARMS - Fillies and Mares Open ENTRY FEE - $1500
Gait: Trot Purse: 69,500 Class: Allerage FM Distance: 1 Mile Post Time: 1:00 PM
Submit
PP    Horse   Med   2024 North America YTD    Driver    Trainer   ML   Claim
    Equip   Sts    W    P    S    Time    Earnings         Stable   Odds   Price
1    Baroness Hill   †    12     7     2     0     1:52.1M     $53923     Todd McCarthy    Virgil Morgan Jr   7-2   
2    Call Me Goo       11     5     3     0     1:51.2S     $238079     Ake Svanstedt    Ake Svanstedt   9-5   
3    Pioneer As       13     4     4     2     1:52.1F     $138952     Tony Hall    Anette Lorentzon   9-2   
4    Bravo Angel S       10     1     3     1     1:55.0F     $17475     Matt Krueger    Jonas Czernyson   20-1   
5    Nelsonbriteagle No       6     2     1     3     1:51.1M     $81580     Dexter Dunn    Ake Svanstedt   3-2    AKE is back on Call Me goo in a short field. He wants that winner's circle picture.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Thank You Calhoun, Trying to post winners
    September 29, 2024, 12:41:02 PM
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal