Author Topic: Futurity  (Read 1607 times)

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: Futurity
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2024, 10:21:05 AM »
Every leading contender is focusing on immediate next race----if it's not a tough one----and the BC (if they are eligible). It's the smart move.

Laag

• Top Claimer
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2024, 11:48:31 AM »
I thought alot of these owners wanted to put a fast mile for their horses. Racing at the Red Mile would give Twin B a chance at a 1:47 mile...maybe race against the boys

I just have not seen a lamer harness racing season than this one and I have been following since the early 80s when I went to see Its Fritz take on Cam Fella.

I cannot quite put my finger on what the issue is but it seems like horse are now racing far less like ridiculous now and then the trainers think they can go 4 weeks at a time without racing and then scratch their head why their horse is not in shape.  The standardbred has always been more durable than the flats, now they are turning into them just racing select racing in a dying sport with little fanbase.

Do we even know the status of some of these horses. No one gives updates. What happened to Its a Love Thing? Where is Voukeflas? What is the issue with Southwind Tyrion this season? Why is TCI skipping the Futurity? Is Grace Hill finished? Why did Captain Albano skip Kentucky? Will anyone ever give an official update on Funtime Bayama?

What is the purpose of USTA if there is no flow of information to let people know what is going on with the top horses

gh2009

• Top Claimer
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2024, 12:34:07 PM »
The top horses just don't run enough. They are almost treated like the top T-breds who go more than a month between starts. I thought the ideal was to make money, guess I'm living in the past.

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2024, 12:36:08 PM »

Do we even know the status of some of these horses. No one gives updates. What happened to Its a Love Thing? Where is Voukeflas? What is the issue with Southwind Tyrion this season? Why is TCI skipping the Futurity? Is Grace Hill finished? Why did Captain Albano skip Kentucky? Will anyone ever give an official update on Funtime Bayama?

What is the purpose of USTA if there is no flow of information to let people know what is going on with the top horses
The purpose of USTA is to collect money not report news. USTA has no dedicated reporters for that kind of stuff.  I'll tell you some of the answers just based on a little knowledge and common sense.  It's a Love thing was scratched sick the week before her first loss so she's not as sharp as she was. Voukefalas has only raced on six tracks his entire career and never in KY.  He's probably waiting for M to reopen. Southwind Tyrion has too few starts, as most of Ake's stable and a bad driver for that class. If he's OK physically Ake needs to find some starts for him to get some form. TCI is not a top horse anymore, not even worth reporting on. Same with Grace Hill, she's not the same as the past couple years.  Can't say why Captain Albano is skipping KY but the official word on Funtime Bayama never changed. He got suspended for six months.

Foalin at 4

• Open / FFA
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2024, 03:20:44 PM »
Highland Kismet is the better horse, but retains the human anchor Bob McClure. That gives Karl the edge! Bob has driven for me and had no ability to get a horse in contention early. He normally races from behind, and realizes his lack of ability. Hell call Dan Daley, he is much better than Bob! 

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2024, 02:43:19 AM »
Note that HK has hopples back on.  Wore them through the Hambo; then went 4 races w/o and now is putting them back on again (at least according to the program.) 

I think there will be a stampede of outside horses leaving, which may leave Karl buried around 8th or so.  Yannick will have to use the horse if he wants to be "in it."  This will certainly give a much better read on whether Karl is just near the top of this year's crop or if he is something more than that.

Ake will be flying with his Bluebird to insure a fast pace for Adams and Catch to close off of.  Should be a fast race. 

gh2009

• Top Claimer
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2024, 02:59:55 AM »
Karl has been babied the whole year, skipping several big purse races on smaller size tracks. I also think horses retain their form better if they run more often as opposed to several weeks off between starts.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Thank You Calhoun, Trying to post winners
    September 29, 2024, 12:41:02 PM
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal