Author Topic: if you were young  (Read 957 times)

Any1Left

• Top Claimer
if you were young
« on: October 05, 2024, 03:03:00 AM »
Put yourself as a 23 year old and would you have interest at all in the game today ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I believe if you take 1000 people in their 20s you might not get 1 person if they had to pick between POKER and SPORTS AND harness racing that would choose harness racing as payoffs are to small and the racing stinks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Just watch any BREEDERS CUP  race and people are speaking about 30-1 shots as good bets and in big fields rewards can be great,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Not to many people care about drugs in sports but the do care if someone is driving to the basket and the defender backs off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Drugs were part of the game in the 90s but at the BIG M we would see horses moving the entire race and winners paid 30 dollars,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, The best place to be in a race was 3rd over and first over horses rarely won and you would pick a program up and know who is leaving but today if you look at the board and see a huge underlay you are in fear and if you see a huge overlay on a betting stable or driver you are probably betting a huge underlay because he is a no go and how does that make sense to a young person that you can not bet the horse because he is to much of an overlay ans if you bet an underlay you will get a run for your money,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,In this game if you see two 10 to1 shots run 1-2 and the exactor pays 60 dollars and you go to management he will tell you it paid really well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,In poker if someone gets stuck and the game is soft the young player still feels good about a comeback and if you are betting harness and you are stuck 800 and have 400 left you feel defeated,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,So would you play this game if you were 23 in todays racing and i can say i would be laughing at guys like me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Walk into any racetrack today and if guys are getting stuck they go play slots or black jack,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it is sad to see a horse player while racing is on playing slots,,,,,,

kooter for hipin

• Stakes Horse
Re: if you were young
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2024, 03:58:24 AM »
Put yourself as a 23 year old and would you have interest at all in the game today ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I believe if you take 1000 people in their 20s you might not get 1 person if they had to pick between POKER and SPORTS AND harness racing that would choose harness racing as payoffs are to small and the racing stinks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Just watch any BREEDERS CUP  race and people are speaking about 30-1 shots as good bets and in big fields rewards can be great,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Not to many people care about drugs in sports but the do care if someone is driving to the basket and the defender backs off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Drugs were part of the game in the 90s but at the BIG M we would see horses moving the entire race and winners paid 30 dollars,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, The best place to be in a race was 3rd over and first over horses rarely won and you would pick a program up and know who is leaving but today if you look at the board and see a huge underlay you are in fear and if you see a huge overlay on a betting stable or driver you are probably betting a huge underlay because he is a no go and how does that make sense to a young person that you can not bet the horse because he is to much of an overlay ans if you bet an underlay you will get a run for your money,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,In this game if you see two 10 to1 shots run 1-2 and the exactor pays 60 dollars and you go to management he will tell you it paid really well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,In poker if someone gets stuck and the game is soft the young player still feels good about a comeback and if you are betting harness and you are stuck 800 and have 400 left you feel defeated,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,So would you play this game if you were 23 in todays racing and i can say i would be laughing at guys like me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Walk into any racetrack today and if guys are getting stuck they go play slots or black jack,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it is sad to see a horse player while racing is on playing slots,,,,,,

Interesting!

Any1Left

• Top Claimer
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2024, 05:11:23 AM »
Kooter ,,,,,,,,today you have horse that are beaten 18 and 21 lengths in their two prior starts and now they go to a chemist and they are going off at 3-1 like the DOUG HIE horse a few days ago and they are machines and then the TV crew will tell you that the trainer is a real good claiming trainer and how is any young person feeling any good when you see cheating looking like it should be on AMERICAS dumbest criminals,,,,,, It is so F,,,,,,ing stupid and hard yo believe that there are people getting paid to watch the pools and catch nothing that ever matters,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,There is more reality in WILE E COYTE JR dropping a brick to destroy the ROAD RUNNER and WILE E ALWAYS GETTING THE WORST OF IT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,There is no satire in harness racing if you are a player,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

kooter for hipin

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2024, 03:33:01 PM »
Kooter ,,,,,,,,today you have horse that are beaten 18 and 21 lengths in their two prior starts and now they go to a chemist and they are going off at 3-1 like the DOUG HIE horse a few days ago and they are machines and then the TV crew will tell you that the trainer is a real good claiming trainer and how is any young person feeling any good when you see cheating looking like it should be on AMERICAS dumbest criminals,,,,,, It is so F,,,,,,ing stupid and hard yo believe that there are people getting paid to watch the pools and catch nothing that ever matters,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,There is more reality in WILE E COYTE JR dropping a brick to destroy the ROAD RUNNER and WILE E ALWAYS GETTING THE WORST OF IT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,There is no satire in harness racing if you are a player,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

...and Wile E Coyote always ends up in quick sand.  Your post makes sense and is well presented.  My perspective as a hands on owner was different than yours as a gambler. Without you, there are no tracks, just a bunch of greedy horse people that are doomed to barber school. In my day, all went to Gam Wah or Island Inn after the races to divy up the spoils but not me. I was out to beat the people that were out to beat you.

gh2009

• Top Claimer
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2024, 03:37:58 PM »
Sometimes a trainer's goal is to cash a bet particularly if he's also the driver. He can give the horse bad drives or just sit on the rail, so his program lines look bad, then we he's in a better spot the money's down, and in some cases too much.

seen2much

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2024, 04:48:07 PM »
Any1Left:
I like your posts & knowledge. I'm in complete agreement with bad payoffs & chemists being a no go for newbies. Other problems are learning to handicap, being a regular to know the cheats, & that takes to much time. If there was a big reward...maybe & just maybe...some would give it a go. 

Any1Left

• Top Claimer
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2024, 07:04:11 PM »
Thank you for the comments guys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Today online shows like MR BEAST are getting one million views as people love seeing huge numbers given away and if you watch game shows it is the bigger the prize the more interest the audience has in the product and even though the people watching gain nothing from a big win financially the people running the show no that the one thing they are giving away are dreams and hope and most people love rags to riches stories,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,It is hard to root for happy endings when BURKE and others like him win all the money and 3 dollar shots get free rides around the track and if you watch POKER everyone remembers the CHRIS MONEYMAKER story when a guy turned a 40 online event into millions of dollars and that dream made poker huge today as 10000 people put up 10000 dollars to play the world series main event this year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, So does the racing game try to promote dreams by never punishing the cheats and letting the rich get richer and when is the last time a hard working plumber from OHIO bought a horse for 6k and had a super horse and when is the last time we seen a race that was so insane with action and a huge upset that produced a 10k payoff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, The race track will show you a handicapper bet a 48 dollar pick 5 with a 115 return and a congrats sign underneath and think that this was a draw and they will say congrats to all that followed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Do they think someone watching is impressed and is that how you advertise anything to a newbie,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, In poker if you use AI to play your game online and caught you will lose your money as they will take it away as that is cheating and recently in the chess world MAGNUS CARLSON PLAYED AMERICAN hans nieman and he played a perfect game and everyone knew he was cheating and he has been suspended and fined for this in the past but in harness racing not only do they not suspend AI GROUPS BUT THEY GIVE THEM ACCESS TO THE POOLS AND GIVE THEM THE BIGGEST REBATE and tell me how stupid is that

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Thank You Calhoun, Trying to post winners
    September 29, 2024, 12:41:02 PM
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal