Author Topic: Everyone talks about the greatest horse of all time..BUT..what was the greatest  (Read 1240 times)

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
A few more posts.....and I am going to post the boldest, the bravest, and the biggest pair of balls move I've ever seen a driver ever make!

JT

• Open / FFA
Here is another that popped into my mind.. Stig Johansson sitting dead last in the international trot at Yonkers for almost one mile and then he made the move and Peace Corps just took off... and he timed the move perfectly to win at the wire. It was a world record at the time. I loved that horse so much.. her gait and the way she sticks her neck out and stretching for every inch. To me that is a ballsy move.. sitting that far back with the best horse and timing it perfectly.

https://youtu.be/Jh1_hA_Kfrw?si=Ggh-sP3UgrB69RvT
« Last Edit: October 14, 2024, 11:40:51 PM by JT »

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Here is another that popped into my mind.. Stig Johansson sitting dead last in the international trot at Yonkers for almost one mile and then he made the move and Peace Corps just took off... and he timed the move perfectly to win at the wire. It was a world record at the time. I loved that horse so much.. her gait and the way she sticks her neck out and stretching for every inch. To me that is a ballsy move.. sitting that far back with the best horse and timing it perfectly.

https://youtu.be/Jh1_hA_Kfrw?si=Ggh-sP3UgrB69RvT

Absolutely! While he knew who and what he was sitting behind, the timing was to say the least, perfect! I guess we wouldn't be saying that if he finished second, LOL. Stig H was one of the greatest horsemen of all time.

corndawg

• NW-1
Ron pierce single handidly beat Sbsw in the pace.

Harness racer

• Elite

Wrong!  SBSW's driver got him beat.  Bonehead drive.  Should have let things settle and then brushed.  He would've won easy.  Expected to be given the lead and Pierce told him not so fast.   tmbz1

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
Funny coincidence with the BJ Scoot-Albert Albert combination...Fal con Almahurst was BJScoot's sire
Abercrombie was Albert Albert's sire and oddly enough Falcon Almahurst [Billy Haughton] hung Abercrombie
[Glen Garnsey] in 1978 Jug just like the other two, though not the whole mile like Albert Albert. tmbz1

wisha roder

• Top Claimer
Yannick was a huge factor.  Screwed the race up for SBSW.  Pierce had the right horse at the right place at the right time.  Always felt this race was a set-up to take down the Beach.  Art Official wasn't much of a success at stud.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
  • London: Another fkn scumbag
    September 25, 2024, 05:31:08 PM
  • Passion: Frederick bourgault
    September 25, 2024, 04:03:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal