Author Topic: Alagna has FORTY SIX horses entered in the Harrisburg MIXED Sale  (Read 1298 times)

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
Definitely thinning the herd in the extreme.  There are 31  2yo going under the hammer, 14  3 yo and one 4 yo.  Many of the larger stables have decent consignments, with Burke, Svandstedt, E. Miller, Cullipher all selling a dozen or so, but Tony Alagna dominates with 46.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Stakes Horse
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
I don't know anything and haven't heard anything about his operation, owners, etc., and while many larger stables sell a lot of horses (in Harrisburg), this does seem like an extraordinary number of horses. I wonder if this is on par with previous years.

helpplease

• Open / FFA
Definitely thinning the herd in the extreme.  There are 31  2yo going under the hammer, 14  3 yo and one 4 yo.  Many of the larger stables have decent consignments, with Burke, Svandstedt, E. Miller, Cullipher all selling a dozen or so, but Tony Alagna dominates with 46.

I think he bought 30 yearlings at Lexington plus whatever he might buy in Harrisburg plus homebreds that may be sent to him plus his own homebreds plus the many other yearling sale purchases. My guess is he is making room for new arrivals?

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
he had a subpar year 

hes smart sale quick move on to next batch

hes got the biggest owners in the game he can do that
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

jupiter

• Elite
Can't keep them all, ya gotta thin the herd. There are probably some nice horses in there. But they aren't looking for just "nice" horses, they want great horses. Unload the second string, reload. He's not Burke, he doesn't want to fill all the classes. It's economics of scale. He's already reloaded 30 yearlings getting rid of 31. Smart move keep the customers happy

Parked

• Elite
Probably a lot of TDS

Brown jug

• Elite
they are not being sold because they overachieved!!!!

Kirbys Ace

• Elite
they are not being sold because they overachieved!!!!

tmbz1

Lot of paper getting burned!
Back by popular demand!

JENNY FROM THE BLOCK

• Open / FFA
id take a few TDS. and you are right i bet there are some nice horses in this group.

SweepsComing

• NW-1

SC

ferdinand the bull

• Stakes Horse
Was Propulsion the best horse that Alagna sold at public auction?

jupiter

• Elite
The stock he is selling had all the chance to make the grade, especially with Tony training them. They have had every treatment known to man, vetted, every diagnostic test. You might find a diamond but there are probably some real nice raceway horses. I always sold all my 3 yr olds, either private or at Harrisburg. Same with 2 yr old's I didn't want. Stop the bills, reinvest in yearlings. Nothing in the scope of  these guys. I hoped they'd do good either as race horses or broodmares. If anybody asked I told them the truth. Better for your reputation.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Onthefront11: On fire at Yonkers
    October 18, 2024, 04:26:12 PM
  • Onthefront11: Per
    October 18, 2024, 04:25:51 PM
  • Calhoun: God Bless you, Uncle Jerry. Welcome back.
    September 27, 2024, 11:34:09 AM
  • Unclejerry: Lets Move To Mohawk for final 3
    September 26, 2024, 09:52:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: R7 Flamboro another Superfecta $66.45
    September 26, 2024, 08:44:18 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry Gives out $115.10 Trifecta at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
  • Unclejerry: Does anyone know a website where people talk and share actual bets?
    September 26, 2024, 07:57:21 PM
  • Unclejerry: Uncle Jerry just gave out a $156.20 Super in R1 at Flamboro
    September 26, 2024, 06:47:08 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal